PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think season is over

steven a h
01.10.2013, 04:59 PM
i do not think it is over yet but need to get healthy and start executing or it is season over i think we handle jets monday but uor D is shocking

JamesGall13
01.10.2013, 06:06 PM
i do not think it is over yet but need to get healthy and start executing or it is season over i think we handle jets monday but our D is shocking

I was gonna start a thread about this on here but you beat me to it. Gotta say the season is over in my opinion :( Our offensive line is horrid, Sam Baker can't block anyone without holding them. Trueblood is poor too and Lamar Holmes is very raw at the position but I do think in time he will be a solid tackle.

With some many injuries, I can't see how we will turn the season around especially with the schedule. Seahawks, Saints, @Packers and @49ers are four guaranteed defeats in my eyes if we don't improve immensely. Our defense has taken drastic steps backwards from last year. Our pass rush is still non existent except vs. a poor Miami O-Line. Thomas DeCoud needs shooting based on his performances this season, he has been disgraceful.

As for Mike Smith, I have said many times I want him out. "Half-time adjustments are overrated." How come most teams we play seem to adjust at half time and then kill us? For a defense minded coach, he has never had a top defense which is unacceptable. Unfortunately our co-ordinators will probably get the blame after a 7-9/9-7 season not Smith and we will be stuck with the Conservative Clown failing to close out games :rolleyes:

With our offense, we should put up 30-50 points up on teams but it never happens. Constant close games against teams nowhere near as talented as us. Ridiculous.

Dartmoor Falcon
01.10.2013, 06:24 PM
Unless we get healthy and start blowing other teams out by putting up the scores we should within the next couple of games then this season is over for us.

Devilfalc
01.10.2013, 10:17 PM
Probably.

I lost all respect for Coach Smith after the debacle in the Meadowlands 2 years ago, when our cowardly, gutless staff had the offense play scared for 60mins against a Giants team that was 9-7. Our approach that day was disgraceful and unforgivable. It may have been Mularkey's gameplan, but Smith approved it. Smith is a clown, who coaches scared and consistently makes terrible game day and clock management decisions.

I had a bad feeling about this season prior to the pre-season, and had a feeling we'd finish below .500 with out OL issues. Then again, we only have ourselves to blame. It was obvious at the time, that the Julio Jones trade was going to set the OL and DL back at least 2 years years, and now we can see the result. Why we spent 5 picks on Jones when both lines were much bigger needs at the time, was mind boggling.

JamesGall13
01.10.2013, 10:37 PM
Probably.

I lost all respect for Coach Smith after the debacle in the Meadowlands 2 years ago, when our cowardly, gutless staff had the offense play scared for 60mins against a Giants team that was 9-7. Our approach that day was disgraceful and unforgivable. It may have been Mularkey's gameplan, but Smith approved it. Smith is a clown, who coaches scared and consistently makes terrible game day and clock management decisions.

I had a bad feeling about this season prior to the pre-season, and had a feeling we'd finish below .500 with out OL issues. Then again, we only have ourselves to blame. It was obvious at the time, that the Julio Jones trade was going to set the OL and DL back at least 2 years years, and now we can see the result. Why we spent 5 picks on Jones when both lines were much bigger needs at the time, was mind boggling.

I can see your point on the Julio trade but even this year, we chose not to go near any Offensive Lineman and resisted adding a defensive tackle when it was such a deep draft class. We keep investing later round picks in our Defensive Line and then wonder why we can't rush the oppositions QB or stop the run.

georgia dome
03.10.2013, 12:28 AM
Heads up you guys
I can see everybodys views and agree with you all
I think SMITHY has to go for me
Yes season will be over if we cant beat JETS and then come out strong after bye week,
But hey lets show them FALCONS some support RISE UP COME ON

falcon_91
03.10.2013, 11:35 AM
I'd bet my bollocks on Smith not being fired.

A lot of short sighted fans here. Its only 4 years ago we still hadn't had winning seasons back to back, and the year before that our franchise was nothing short of a joke.

Given how good Jones is I don't think you can really argue with how well the trades turned out, how about we go look at how those picks turned out for the Browns.

2 of our loses are to the Pats and the Saints (I hate to admit it, but under Payton they own us), we are 1-1 in conference play the playoffs are still very realistic and if anything perhaps going in without the same level expectations as before might be a blessing in disguise.

Domed Outter
03.10.2013, 02:56 PM
The coordinators better step it up from now on in. None of this 3 man rush on 3rd and a mile lark, and run it in the redzone.

Stop playing soft zone when Trufant is capable of playing press, and in this weeks case, force Geno to beat us.

They should be playing as if the season is on the line every week!

JamesGall13
04.10.2013, 11:32 PM
The coordinators better step it up from now on in. None of this 3 man rush on 3rd and a mile lark, and run it in the redzone.

Stop playing soft zone when Trufant is capable of playing press, and in this weeks case, force Geno to beat us.

They should be playing as if the season is on the line every week!

I hate 3 man rushes :mad: On 3rd and long we should rush 4 or 5. Get after the QB, Brady had all day to throw the ball, it's so frustrating. I have been really disappointed with Mike Nolans defense, in his second year I was expecting improvements but that really hasn't been the case :( Yet injuries have played their part. We need to start playing power football more often. 6 man O-Line with Hawley in at Fullback and hand the ball to Snelling. Even with S-Jax out, he still doesn't get enough rushing touches.

Domed Outter
05.10.2013, 03:39 AM
We need to start playing power football more often. 6 man O-Line with Hawley in at Fullback and hand the ball to Snelling. Even with S-Jax out, he still doesn't get enough rushing touches.

I thought we were fine against the Dolphins and Patriots. Its a myth that we have no run game, we just give up on it too early in games. The Dolphins game a prime example, when we started passing almost every down in the 2nd half it gave them too much time at the end.

This RBBC whilst Jackson is out is working, and I don't see Smith risking Jackson on Monday.

georgia dome
08.10.2013, 05:47 AM
I well and truley think our season is over now?
We took a lead 28-27 and let the jets storm 54 yards down field to score a winning field goal in less than two minutes
rubbish not good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Domed Outter
08.10.2013, 11:11 AM
And Dimitroff will still draft a skill position early in the draft. Throw that filter crap out the window.

Both lines need attitude and players with mentality of running people over.

JamesGall13
08.10.2013, 11:23 AM
And Dimitroff will still draft a skill position early in the draft. Throw that filter crap out the window.

Both lines need attitude and players with mentality of running people over.

I agree. Combined we have the two worst lines in the NFL if you grade them together, which is bloody embarrassing :( A team full of soft primaddona's. Osi was good last night but all the other D-Line men were pants :mad: And the less I say about the O-Line the better or else I will just go on a rant. Trueblood is abysmal, the way he got beat for the strip sack was painful; It was way too easy :mad:

steven a h
08.10.2013, 12:45 PM
this is bad .season is over there is no chance of the playoffs so we need to adress our weaknesses which is the lines iam gutted.

falcon_91
08.10.2013, 07:07 PM
1st opinion on it...Julio Jones is facing the rest of the season out aswell

#TankforClowney

But really we wont give up, wont do that to Tony G

falcongirl75
08.10.2013, 07:46 PM
Too many injuries in key positions now affecting the more experienced players....however, there have been some very unlikely results in the first few weeks and whilst I agree with many posts on here, if we can at least get a couple of of results under the belt there will be something to build on. Really need for losing not to become the habit.
The games we were winning in the last couple of minutes last year we are now losing but against teams we shouldnt be losing against.

Roll on week 7 and roll on Wembley !!! :D

Dartmoor Falcon
09.10.2013, 02:13 PM
We're done for the season, not a good way for Tony G to finish his career :mad:

The coaching needs to be improved or replaced and both lines need massive work to bring them up to what they need to be.

CharlieBear
09.10.2013, 02:43 PM
We're done for the season, not a good way for Tony G to finish his career :mad:

"The Falcons should trade Tony Gonzalez to the Chiefs so the TE has a chance to win a Super Bowl before he retires."

- Chase Stuart, @fbgchase, 9/10/13

:(

Stubbsy #21
10.10.2013, 12:29 PM
With Julio done for the year I'd say pass the butter because we're toast!

We need to invest some high picks on both the lines. There's no point having a potentially high powered offense if your QB can't be protected! Look at the 49ers as they have I think 3 first round picks on their O-Line and it shows! We have one and even that was considered a reach!

Also needed - some semblance of a consistent pass rush. Osi has done fine this year but if he gets doubled then receivers are having 5+ seconds to get open and I think even I could manage that. Sure Biermann's injury hasn't helped here but more options outside of that are needed. Also needed would be a Vince Wilfork type to clog up the middle and get a bit of a push on passing downs. Our coverage would look much better without having to consistently cover people for more than 5 seconds! Although I think we need an upgrade at Free Safety too!

Haven't got any names in mind but I'm going to watch a bit more college football to try and get ideas and some possibilities.

Domed Outter
10.10.2013, 02:39 PM
Middle of the pack at 7-9, so even in a bad year we'd still be picking outside the top 10.

Too bad as Cleveland would have plenty of picks to move about with.

corin77
31.10.2013, 11:47 AM
Is it okay to cry now?
For the love of God, can we PLEASE sort out our o-line and d-line? Watching their ineptitude drives me up the wall.