PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Houston!

LoneStarDan
03.10.2013, 02:59 PM
Haven't been on here in a while. How are my fellow Texans across the pond?

StevenMccormick12
04.10.2013, 10:22 AM
Dissapointed by the way we lost the Seattle game! Is the negative reaction to Schaub as bad in Houston as is being reported?

LoneStarDan
04.10.2013, 02:10 PM
Oh man, I'm still disappointed too, I still can't stand to watch the replays they show on tv. The Texans should have won that game. And to answer your question, yes. People are pretty pissed, I'm sure you saw that picture of people burning a Shaub jersey in the parking lot after the game(I think that's taking it a little too far), He also deleted his twitter because people were harassing him, but he says it's because "he never uses it" convenient time to delete it huh? I know fans are upset that Shaub is not good at extending plays, but he just needs to try and stop forcing them, it just seems like every time he try's to force a play, something bad happens.

StevenMccormick12
07.10.2013, 10:48 AM
Last night will not have helped. That was just ugly. Is it true we can opt out of his contract at the end of the season? If so I would and trade up for one of the QB's coming out of college. Even if he does get better it's not going to be enough to take us deep into the play-offs. Maybe better cutting our losses and starting new before he costs us a lot of money

LoneStarDan
07.10.2013, 09:05 PM
Oh man last nights game was HORRID. Shaub just seems like he's regressing as a QB now. The whole team played poorly.

here is a good article about Shaubs contract: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/schaubs-contract-extension-mistake-181047290--nfl.html

StevenMccormick12
08.10.2013, 08:30 PM
Would you drop the contract and trade up for one of these guys? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1789310-breaking-down-the-top-quarterback-prospects-in-2014-nfl-draft

With the way we are playing we might not even have to trade up. We could have a top 20 pick!

LoneStarDan
10.10.2013, 09:59 PM
Even if Shaub pulls it together, I still think they should draft a QB next year. This incoming QB class is going to be deep with a lot of talent and it never hurts to have some competition during training camp. Plus once Shaub is gone who else is left? Keenum was an amazing QB in college but he wasn't good enough to even win the back up position this year, and I haven't seen enough of Yates to prove that he is going to be our future QB when Shaub is finally gone. Being a huge Aggie fan I would love for the Texans to pick up Manziel, but I would be pleased with anyone of those QB's. I think AJ McCarron would fit the Texans scheme pretty well. I was at the A&M/BAMA game and boy did both QB's put on a show!

StevenMccormick12
14.10.2013, 12:04 PM
Well that was just another brutal performance and this time it was not all pinned on Schaub. Hate the fact people cheered at his injury though. Pretty brutal behaviour.
That aside I think with 2 games against the Colts, Broncos, Pats and a trip to KC and nothing to suggest we can step up and turn this around at the moment we could be at the very best a 7 loss team.
Marcus Mariotta? Mettenberger? Aaron Murray?

LoneStarDan
14.10.2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah hearing about how some of the fans acted all of today is pretty embarrassing. I know it wasn't all the fans but it still makes us look bad. Now every article I read about the game yesterday all the people who comment on them seem to think everyone in Houston is barbaric trash, doesn't deserve a nfl team and should die.. haha. I can honestly say this is not the way I pictured this season going... and I think the real problem is the coaching.

StevenMccormick12
18.10.2013, 04:07 PM
BIG decision to go with Kennum! On the road in the loudest stadium against the undefeated, number 1 team defensively. Wow.

Tearstain
05.01.2014, 11:37 PM
Well I am still alive and proud to be a Houston fan.
Have been since Mike Rozier. :)

Season has been bad but so has my beloved Blades. Perhaps I am a jinx lol

For draft pick it has to be Matthews !!!!! No way on the planet should another team have Matthews on its shirt ... only Houston.