NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL TV coverage (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Super Bowl in Glasgow (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=100217)

fester1916 21.11.2013 10:15 AM

Super Bowl in Glasgow

Hi forum,

Usually PJ champs would be my Watering hole for the Super bowl but sadly it has closed down.

I was thinking of maybe organising a party exclusively for the event. Years previously I have had to endure so many distraction to the game ie drunks and loud music. I have already contacted a venue in the west end who has the necessary equipment such as many TVs and sound...plus booze and food. I just believe that if all football fans could congregate to one area then it would make the atmosphere that bit better.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinions or if you know anywhere that is all ready holding such an event.[/SIZE]

Giantsfan_Mick 21.11.2013 08:51 PM

Not many other choices. O'Couture. An absolute toilet like Campus. Walkabout maybe? Even at that you're risking all of these places blasting the usual commercial music over the top of the commentary even though everywhere dead on a Sunday.

So, aye, the west end idea sounds not bad. Either that or watch it in the house is what I'd do.

Scottish_Broncos 21.11.2013 09:18 PM

Is PJ Champs not just been re-named? According to my mate it is and shows Sky Sports games on a Sunday

Mcintosh92 21.11.2013 09:23 PM

id love to find a place in Edinburgh the same..i normally hold a party in my house each year but just ends up costing me a fortune and leaves me with alot of cleaning up!

fester1916 22.11.2013 03:52 PM

PJ Champs has just been renamed but think there is an oppertunity for somewhere to make an actual event and focus. I kinda miss the sports bar to be honest.

Not really been to Edinburgh to watch it, I went to uni in glasgow so that's how I'm a bit byest. Is there anywhere in Edinburgh that makes a fuss?

Raider12 22.11.2013 04:03 PM

Its one of the things I would like to have seen occurring, regional SB parties. This is one of the things the fan committe where trying to pursue, but alas don't think we will be reconvening again.

Mark

Scottish_Broncos 23.11.2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester1916 (Post 1944508)
PJ Champs has just been renamed but think there is an oppertunity for somewhere to make an actual event and focus. I kinda miss the sports bar to be honest.

Not really been to Edinburgh to watch it, I went to uni in glasgow so that's how I'm a bit byest. Is there anywhere in Edinburgh that makes a fuss?

All the Super Bowl parties i been to. Claymores party at Walkabout, PJ Champs etc. Sports Cafe was the venue i enjoyed most.

Anyone know what PJ Champs is called now?

Scottish_Broncos 23.11.2013 04:26 PM

I just searched on google and turns out PJ Champs is now called 'The Faktory'.

www.thefaktorywestend.co.uk

According to their website they still show live sports. However doesnt seem to look like a sports bar which PJ Champs was.

I have emailed them to see what their plans are. Also mentioned other issues like if they would have commentary on in venue, if they would obtain license for duration of game etc

niner35 23.11.2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottish_Broncos (Post 1944853)
I just searched on google and turns out PJ Champs is now called 'The Faktory'.

www.thefaktorywestend.co.uk

According to their website they still show live sports. However doesnt seem to look like a sports bar which PJ Champs was.

I have emailed them to see what their plans are. Also mentioned other issues like if they would have commentary on in venue, if they would obtain license for duration of game etc

nice one. Faktory is pretty good, a group of us are going for the huge weekend of college football next week. I've watched NFL on the sunday and been decent number of people there too a number of times. Not sure if they'll do SB but that'd be my choice if it were possible

Scottish_Broncos 25.11.2013 01:05 PM

Just got this response from The Faktory...

"Faktory will be showing the Super Bowl in full with commentary throughout the venue. Extra screens will be provided on the night and want to make this a really great event.

There will be no blues jam or any other events on that night. Strictly Super Bowl based. "

I have the guy's number and says he wants to speak to me on how to make it a great night. Any suggestions before I speak to him?