NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL TV coverage (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gamepass Refund (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=102237)

Zardeth 20.05.2014 11:34 AM

Gamepass Refund

Hi,

I bought the Gamepass Season Plus package at about 1am (BST) this morning for £164.99, tested it briefly and then went to bed.

However when I went to log in again this morning the price has dropped to £129.99. Does anyone know where I stand with regards to a refund, bearing in mind that I haven't used the service and it was mere hours later hat the price changed?

I have looked at the refund policy and it states:

"You will be eligible for a refund if you purchased any subscription other than a Weekly subscription to NFL Game Pass and you cancel within seven (7) days of the purchase date, you subscribed to a Free Trial of NFL Game Pass and you cancel within seven (7) days after the Free Trial ends, your Season Plus, Season, or Follow Your Team subscription annually auto-renewed and you cancel within 30 days of renewal date, or your subscription is canceled by us. Certain restrictions apply. For all the details regarding refunds, please review our Terms & Conditions. To process a refund, please contact customer support."

However in the T&Cs it states:

"(i) In order to provide the highest customer satisfaction possible, we will refund the purchase price paid for any Subscription Product, as follows:

If you have purchased anything other than a Weekly Subscription to a Subscription Product (e.g., Season Plus Subscription, Season Subscription, Monthly Subscription) and:
◦your access to such Subscription Product is cancelled by you within seven (7) days of the purchase date, we will make a reasonable effort to refund to the payment method (e.g., to your credit card) you used to subscribe to such Subscription Product an amount equal to the total amount you paid for access to the Subscription Products in the current term of your subscription less the amount of a Weekly Pass for such Subscription Product. If your access to such Subscription Product is cancelled by you after seven (7) days of the purchase date, you will not be eligible for a refund."

So will I have to pay for a Weekly Pass? If so, how much is that?

Alternatively, will they refund the different in price?

Thanks for any and all assistance :)

Zardeth 20.05.2014 04:09 PM

Outcome

The issue is now resolved.

I have just spoken to Gamepass support via live chat and have been issued a full refund which I should receive withn 5-7 days. So I can now re-subscribe at the new price :D

The customer service agent was really good and it was all sorted within 5 minutes.

ChrisCrawf 26.05.2014 03:23 PM

Glad to hear you got it sorted :)

JensonF 26.05.2014 04:41 PM

It seems rather crass of the Gamepass mob to have got themselves into such a position of generating powerful negative vibes.

ChrisCrawf 26.05.2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JensonF (Post 2053326)
It seems rather crass of the Gamepass mob to have got themselves into such a position of generating powerful negative vibes.

I suppose its an honest mistake, they did after all give a refund so...

JensonF 26.05.2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisCrawf (Post 2053327)
I suppose its an honest mistake, they did after all give a refund so...

Alternatively, the price they charge is nothing to do with the cost to them of the service -- it's what they think they can screw out of the customer, and someone began to get cold feet about where they'd set it.

PhilGroom 30.05.2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JensonF (Post 2053366)
Alternatively, the price they charge is nothing to do with the cost to them of the service -- it's what they think they can screw out of the customer, and someone began to get cold feet about where they'd set it.

A.k.a. The way 95% of businesses work

Danny Bear 30.05.2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilGroom (Post 2054545)
A.k.a. The way 95% of businesses work

As low a percentage as that?? ;)

PhilGroom 30.05.2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Bear (Post 2054556)
As low a percentage as that?? ;)

Nearly put 99.9% to make the point, but thought i'd get pulled up for that, should have guessed anyway ;)

European Bob 01.06.2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JensonF (Post 2053366)

Price is about value to the customer not what it costs the provider to produce it.

I remember hearing a story once about a steam train that had broken down due to engine trouble. The engineer comes out, takes a look and whacks a particular part of the engine with a hammer. Fixes the problem instantly. He charges the railway company an arm and a leg for it: was it a bloke hitting an engine with a hammer, or someone whose knowledge of engines and mechanics meant that he knew instantly what was the problem and what was needed to sort it out and get a train that had stopped, full of passengers, moving again? Value, not cost.