NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   2019 London Games (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wearing Different Jerseys (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=106575)

peppermcknight91 10.09.2015 12:13 PM

Wearing Different Jerseys

Hi there,

I will be going to my first IS games this year and I was wondering what the deal with wearing jerseys of teams that are not playing is.

I heard that in the US its almost unheard of and rude to wear a jersey of a team who isn't playing the game you are attending but is it different for the UK games?

spit-fire 10.09.2015 12:18 PM

Here everyone wears their own jerseys. You will see every team represented before the game going up Wembley way.

glenbrae 10.09.2015 12:34 PM

I suppose its the choice of everyone wearing their team's jersey, or 85% of the crowd not wearing any teams jersey if they were only allowed to wear the jersey of a competing team. The IS games are as much an exhibition of the NFL as they are a regular season game.

stocksy 10.09.2015 12:35 PM

It happens in America too. I've spotted random jerseys in the crowd.

But yeah in London all 32 teams will be represented

seggy 10.09.2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppermcknight91 (Post 2208100)
Hi there,

I will be going to my first IS games this year and I was wondering what the deal with wearing jerseys of teams that are not playing is.

I heard that in the US its almost unheard of and rude to wear a jersey of a team who isn't playing the game you are attending but is it different for the UK games?

Wear what you want. Guarantee you'll see jersey's of pretty much every NFL team, and then some...

azthespaz 10.09.2015 02:45 PM

I'd say wear whichever jersey you want. Though (unless you're a fan of the 'away' team) I would definitely recommend shouting for the 'home' team

Quark 10.09.2015 03:16 PM

Will there be a sale of jerseys apart from the 2 teams who are playing?
I'd like a new TB jersey, as I (hopefully not) lost my old one.

Spice30 10.09.2015 03:27 PM

Yeah they have a big Official NFL Merchandise Shop outside the stadium selling all the teams Jerseys/Hats etc.

Chris_Marks 10.09.2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seggy (Post 2208132)
Wear what you want. Guarantee you'll see jersey's of pretty much every NFL team, and then some...

All the NFL teams, most (if not all) of the NFL Europe ones and some college jerseys too. Plus the occasional British team shirt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spice30 (Post 2208236)
Yeah they have a big Official NFL Merchandise Shop outside the stadium selling all the teams Jerseys/Hats etc.

Range for the official shop might be limited though - if you just want a shirt for a team, you'll be fine (barring a sudden run on that team's merchandise, of course). If you want a specific player who's not one of the big stars, you'll probably be out of luck.

AlexBronco 10.09.2015 03:59 PM

It would be weird going to the NFL International Series and not seeing every team possible! Its "tradition" :)