NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   2019 London Games (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Planning honey moon in London for NFL game, how hard is to buy tickets? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=116946)

misterMike 07.01.2019 11:23 AM

Planning honey moon in London for NFL game, how hard is to buy tickets?

Hi, me and my future wife are from Croatia and we're both huge NFL fans. We're getting married in October and chose to go on honeymoon in London primarily to see live NFL game for first time ever. Plan is to go to whatever game will be played on October 20th as October 21st is her birthday. How hard is it to buy tickets? I see some articles of huge demand, do they sell out in minutes online? As I understood tickets go online in Janury/February? Please, any help much appreciated, we would hate to come to London for a week and then not be able to go to the game. Thanks

mayhemers 07.01.2019 12:08 PM

Welcome :)

The general procedure for selling NFL tickets is: season ticket renewals, season ticket new purchases, single game tickets sold.

You will be waiting for the last part. Sign up NFL London, and as a double security, keep checking NFLUK website each week to see if they announce what the games will be, and when each ticket stage will open.

We don't know yet how the games will be split, so at this moment, the game could be at Wembley or at Tottenham. I'd say you've got less chance of getting tickets for the latter because there will be 20,000 less seats overall. Either way though, the only recommendations will be decide where in the stadium roughly you'd like to sit (block wise or section wise) and then be ready immediately when the single seats open for sale to get in there.

And then run into the inevitable Ticketmaster website issues :rolleyes: can't help with those sadly...!

European Bob 07.01.2019 12:22 PM

You will always be able to get a ticket. It is just a question of whether you can get one at the original point of sale at the original price. Do as the poster above suggested first, but if you don't succeed this is not the end of it. Lots of people buy tickets and then find they cannot go. Websites like Twickets sell tickets at face value plus a small booking fee (and the seller can recoup the booking fee they paid too). I used this last time and was happy with the service and the price. But for more popular games Twickets often doesn't have tickets as fans can sell for more money due to high demand - so in that case you may need to use Stubhub or similar, where the market sets its own prices and these rise or fall depending on popularity.

One comment: I think the NFL is normalising the international games more and more and I wouldn't be surprised if we did not know the full details until the end of April when the rest of the schedule is released. An additional complication this year is we don't even know where the Raiders will be based this year and things like stadium availability wherever they end up (Oakland, Las Vegas, San Diego, somewhere else) will impact the schedule making and therefore also the London schedules.

fbirder2 08.01.2019 09:04 AM

If you want to be absolutely certain of getting tickets, you want to make it a really special day and you don't mind paying a lot of money - then you could think about a hospitality package.

This is what Wembley had on offer last year - http://www.clubwembley.com/events/2018/nfl_game_2_2018

To help compare prices - last year a single ticket in Club Wembley was about £140.

BuffaloG 20.01.2019 11:06 AM

It isn't confirmed there will be a game that day. We've had them as early as September and as late as November. With the amount of games, you've got a decent chance, but it's far from certain

misterMike 24.01.2019 12:48 PM

Thanks for responses everyone, clubwembly is unfortunately way out of my price range, cheapest two tickets would be like almost one month salary, and then flight and hotel and food for these 7 days in London, I really hope I'll be able to get some reasonable prices.