NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic - Sports (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Cricket Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=82467)

beer_bart 25.05.2011 08:17 AM

The Cricket Thread

All is right in the world once more as test cricket returns to our green and pleasant land from tomorrow! :)

I'm going for a 2-0 win against Sri Lanka and 2-1 against India.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone lucky enough to watching some over the summer?

Razors Edge 25.05.2011 08:23 AM

There's going to be a little mini-series that Sky are showing throughout the Sri Lanka test series, and it's all about local league clubs.

The name of the show will be Clublife, and it's first two are set in Burnley! You'll see them following Lowerhouse (my local team), and Burnley. There's a big rivalry between Burnley and Lowerhouse - I went to school with a couple of the Lowerhouse boys and several have played football in the league I help run (Charlie Cottam, Joe Beneduce, Chris Bleazard, Johnny Russell) as it happens too.

johnst1981 25.05.2011 10:39 AM

I think we will beat Sri Lanka but draw the Indian series.

menominee 26.05.2011 02:21 PM

I'm much more excited by the possibility of Lancashire winning the county championship.

I sat on my grandfather's knee when I was barely older than 24 as he told me misty-eyed tales of the last time Lancashire were county champions, back when everyone had a minimum of three initials, amateurs and professionals took tea separately and Cyril Washbrook was but a boy.

I long ago gave up any hope of seeing it happen in my lifetime.

Razors Edge 26.05.2011 03:50 PM

We've crushed Hampshire - really beginning to get excited now. Most of the pre-season experts had Lancy down as possible relegation candidates, especially if/when the injuries start.

Ha!

Crash11 26.05.2011 05:33 PM

As a Yorkshireman, I'd have to say its looking worryingly possible..........

Helmnog 26.05.2011 06:54 PM

I feel great for Lancashire, but Leicestershire just happen to be bottom of the whole thing!

Trancer 30.05.2011 08:20 PM

carnt believe England pulled off the win today i went out and the game was still rained off i came back and they had won. Great performance when the game looked like only a draw was possible.
I'm getting more and more confidant that England can be the number one team in the world our batting line up is really stong and will be event better if Pieterson can sort his problems out. Trott just wow looks imposible to get this guy out has amazing patience.
We have good stength in depth in the bowling department aswell am really excited for the next few years especially with a few of Indias big guns heading for retirement.
The big test will be against India of course but in our conditions i think we have the edge
Think we head to the sub continent aswell this winter which will also be a big test

Crash11 30.05.2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trancer (Post 1358541)
carnt believe England pulled off the win today i went out and the game was still rained off i came back and they had won. Great performance when the game looked like only a draw was possible.
I'm getting more and more confidant that England can be the number one team in the world our batting line up is really stong and will be event better if Pieterson can sort his problems out. Trott just wow looks imposible to get this guy out has amazing patience.
We have good stength in depth in the bowling department aswell am really excited for the next few years especially with a few of Indias big guns heading for retirement.
The big test will be against India of course but in our conditions i think we have the edge
Think we head to the sub continent aswell this winter which will also be a big test

Until Pietersen can play left arm spin the likes of Trott are going to carry him.

DB79 31.05.2011 12:59 AM

problem with pieterson is his constant retreat into moments of brainfade. Ive always suspected his on-field intelligence therefore was surprised when he was appointed captain.