NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Oakland Raiders (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Return of LA Raiders (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=102893)

morrits69 14.08.2014 04:39 PM

Return of LA Raiders

After yesterdays buzz on twitter etc , I really think this is the beginning of the return of the LA Raiders. What you all think?

boknows34 14.08.2014 04:46 PM

Yep. 2015 LA Raiders.

iffies 14.08.2014 05:02 PM

Would mean I could dig my old LA Raiders cap out of storage. :D

durham_raider 14.08.2014 05:39 PM

Hope not. Oakland should be moving hell and highwater to keep them there.

morrits69 14.08.2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durham_raider (Post 2082529)
Hope not. Oakland should be moving hell and highwater to keep them there.

I think you have summed up why they will move. Oakland outwardly do not appear to be doing anything when as you said they should be moving hell and highwater. There are now LA powerbrokers like Magic Johnston and Michael Orvitz getting involved. I think the LA Raiders are coming back sooner rather than later.

COACHWD 14.08.2014 11:23 PM

The Raiders desperately need a stadium that doesn't have to have a baseball diamond regrassed (plus all the seating changes etc) before home games for the first half of the season. Unfortunately, there is no money in either Oakland's or Davis' coffers to get a new stadium in the Bay Area.
Mark Davis will do anything rather than share Levi's with the 49ers.
The NFL do not want the Raiders, especially under Davis ownership, to take the lucrative LA market.
I think we are stuck in the current lousy stadium until something significant happens, eg change of ownership.
Or maybe we move to Vegas, Al's favourite city!:p

red pepper vike 15.08.2014 07:28 AM

Don't worry, hang on to your Oakland kit they'll be back there in 10 years :-)

Tamar Raider 15.08.2014 07:12 PM

Don't mind the idea of being back in LA it's where they were when I (and i guess most of us) started watching the NFL.

morrits69 16.08.2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamar Raider (Post 2082956)
Don't mind the idea of being back in LA it's where they were when I (and i guess most of us) started watching the NFL.

My sentiments exactly. LA Raiders within 2 years

European Bob 17.08.2014 01:45 PM

As an interested onlooker and nothing more, would anyone on here stop supporting the Raiders if the moved to LA? Probably not, from the above comments. I guess they were LA once before anyway and they would still be the Raiders, it's not a Tennessee Titans/Baltimore Ravens situation.

As an NFL fan but not a Raider fan, I wouldn't mind the move back to LA as long as they are still the Raiders - it's one of the most iconic team names in the NFL after all. And if someone moves back to LA it is best that it is one of the former LA trio - I would hate to see the Buffalo Bills uprooted to LA, for example.