NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   2019 London Games (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Well done and thank you NFLUK & Wembley (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=116721)

DavidLF 22.10.2018 08:06 AM

Well done and thank you NFLUK & Wembley
 
Having posted "Shambles" last week it is only right I post this today.
As already noted, yesterday was a massive step forward compared to last week.
I like to think they listened to feedback and acted.
Whatever it was - well done to NFLUK and to Wembley for making the "event" once again enjoyable as a whole.
The queues (minimal) were acceptable, staff seemed to better understand what was happening, the bars in the 3 Lions was again accessible and service across all areas was swift and by cheerful staff.
Finally, the older black guy (sounds like a poor description but accurate and not meant to be insulting in any way) on the main door at The 3 Lions was an absolute star :-) His welcome was brilliant he was so happy and cheerful it was impossible to not walk in smiling and feeling in a good mood - so big thumbs up to him and Club Wembley keep hold of him!

Plus - the game was exciting too.........

BuffaloG 22.10.2018 08:12 AM

Personally I didn't see any difference between weeks 1 and 2. It was fine last week, it was fine this week

no team 22.10.2018 12:16 PM

it was fine. I was dubious about the colour stuff but it was fine in yellow where we were. actually bothered going into the tailgate area for the first time as well and that was fine as well.

I did prefer the general area when it wasn't a building site though. and putting the 'teen awards' on in the arena at the same time lead to some odd combinations of groups wandering around as well.

jediknight49 23.10.2018 08:31 AM

No issues for us getting in again this week. We do get to the stadium an hour before hand so security has been no issue. Much better having the checks outside compared to previous years inside the stadium.

My only wish would be for the security to have checks / devices that could weed out the morons who attend the games. If they could do that then it really would be a much more enjoyable experience.Year on year it's getting worse, especially where we sit.

Talking shi@ throughout the whole game, not paying attention to what's going on.
Why bother going if all you do is talk about Wycombe Wanderers, previous lads holidays, girls you have chatted up/got off with ect. 3 hours. 3 HOURS of crap being chatted! No interest paid in the game whatsoever.

Getting more and more pi@sed on beer then spilling that beer all around you.
If that's what you want to do, bugger off to a sports bar where you can do it to your hearts content.

Shouting abuse at fans who support the 'other' team.
Banter is ok, but to slag off and genuinely abuse american fans who are there supporting 'their' team is not on. Shame on you drunken Aussie fan (if that's what you call yourself)

Throwing a pint of beer through the air because the Titans score late TD, soaking fans who just want to enjoy the supposed 'NFL' experience.
This is not on. I'd expect that sort of thing at some rock festival, not a UK NFL game.

Final comment. Why is it all the overseas fans around where we sit, whether it be German,
Scandinavian, Spanish ect can all get a full wifi signal, can stream videos from the NFL during the game, go on sports betting sites, facebook ect and yet the whole group I am with cannot get a single blip or send a text message due to lack of service? Brexit?

leemarlin87 23.10.2018 10:13 AM

I was sat in front of a group of people who just chatted non stop the whole game and at one point one of the group wasn't even aware the Titans had scored a FG and has the score wrong for ages

Then to top it off they left with 3 mins to go as did a few others around me, maybe it's just me but I am truly baffled by it.

I can understand if its a blowout and it's 9pm as it was last weekend and people generally started to leave from early in the 4th qtr

But it was a one score game with the Titans driving to tie it or go for 2 and the win as they did and it was only around 5.15pm

I just can't get my head around why people go if your going to leave before seeing the ending in such a close game?? You don't leave a cinema in the final 20 minutes do you so if they had no desire to see the outcome whats the point in even going.

Like I said a blowout especially late at night I can understand but in a game like this in the afternoon there can be no excuses for it

baldrik2002 23.10.2018 10:18 AM

Not so good for the regular fan
 
I'm with you jediknight49. Here are my additions.

1) Why do I have to sit in a river of beer every game because some drunken person has spilt his beer behind me? (thank goodness for the £5 NFL clear bag policy to keep my programme dry???)

2) Also these are also the so called fans that decide it is ok to get up before a 3rd down snap and want everyone else to stand to let them out of the end of the row. There are enough natural breaks in play to allow people to leave there seats if they want to. I call this called lack of football etiquette.

3) Why has Red section got one entrance on its own side of the stadium and Yellow, Blue & Green have to all go through the other side of the stadium. Why are the central steps blocked off which lead straight up to the Yellow section.

Mohamed7 23.10.2018 11:44 AM

Yeah, basic etiquette is lacking throughout the audience it seems. There was this one drunk guy right in front of me who kept screaming "defenseeeeeeee" on every third down snap, yes I get it that its a critical point in the game and you want your team to win but there is no need to be that excessively loud, especially with a young family right in front of him with small children, it just lacks basic awareness.

stocksy 23.10.2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohamed7 (Post 2387771)
Yeah, basic etiquette is lacking throughout the audience it seems. There was this one drunk guy right in front of me who kept screaming "defenseeeeeeee" on every third down snap, yes I get it that its a critical point in the game and you want your team to win but there is no need to be that excessively loud, especially with a young family right in front of him with small children, it just lacks basic awareness.

Can’t.
Tell.
If.
You.
Are.
Joking.

Defenseeeeeeee - loud on every third down is what you want.

It’s like saying...

“Went to the Arsenal the other day. These chaps kept cheering when the ball went in goal. I know it’s ok but there were young children and it was loud.”

Thepuma 23.10.2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leemarlin87 (Post 2387766)
I was sat in front of a group of people who just chatted non stop the whole game and at one point one of the group wasn't even aware the Titans had scored a FG and has the score wrong for ages

Then to top it off they left with 3 mins to go as did a few others around me, maybe it's just me but I am truly baffled by it.

I can understand if its a blowout and it's 9pm as it was last weekend and people generally started to leave from early in the 4th qtr

But it was a one score game with the Titans driving to tie it or go for 2 and the win as they did and it was only around 5.15pm

I just can't get my head around why people go if your going to leave before seeing the ending in such a close game?? You don't leave a cinema in the final 20 minutes do you so if they had no desire to see the outcome whats the point in even going.

Like I said a blowout especially late at night I can understand but in a game like this in the afternoon there can be no excuses for it

It's just general society I think....lots of morons about.

Like a couple of groups by us smoking....when clearly it says Wembley is a non smoking venue anywhere in the ground. Same thoughtless behaviour with the drunk idiots and those chatting all through the game.

iffies 23.10.2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocksy (Post 2387773)
Can’t.
Tell.
If.
You.
Are.
Joking.

Defenseeeeeeee - loud on every third down is what you want.

It’s like saying...

“Went to the Arsenal the other day. These chaps kept cheering when the ball went in goal. I know it’s ok but there were young children and it was loud.”

Disgraceful. I hope the parents sue for the failure to provide earmuffs.


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.