NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Miami Dolphins (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   PHINS FANS OPINIONS! (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=146)

batman 18.01.2004 06:59 PM

Re:PHINS FANS OPINIONS!

i became a supported in the 87's. i came home one night, channel hopped and found this sort i had never seen before on c4, hosted by good old mick luckhurst (good to see what hes doing now). the game being shown was 49ers v bengals (i think) not a sb game, just reg season. when it gave out the highlights of the othr teams i picked the dolphins, 1) i always wanted to go to miami, 2) dolphins are an animal i love and charity i support. been a fan ever since.

i dont think wanny is the right coach though. he's livng on a 'd' built by jj, and what does he do in off seasons, add to that 'd' and neglent the 'o' where we have been struggling. in games if we have a lead at half time, he goes ultra conservitive 2nd half. stick to what got you the lead, the opp could'nt stop it before half time, why change it to have repeat 3 and outs in the 2nd half.

having said that about 2nd halfs though, in their 5 superbowl appearences, the dolphins have scored 0 second half points!!!!!

chrisnfl2004 18.01.2004 07:34 PM

[quote author=Lordy link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=90#msg22699 date=1074451658]
i wonder how many phins fans use this site. let urselfs be known and how u came about supportin the greatest franchise known to football
[/quote]

I am a phins fan OBVOISLY and iam a fan because they are the first team i saw live and i have always wanted to go to miami thats when i became addicted to the greatest sport alive today!!!!!!! ;D

batman 19.01.2004 02:48 AM

all fins fans, and all other fans too are welcome to come aboard the
http://www.miamidolphins.co.uk
message board

Lordy 19.01.2004 02:45 PM

id like to go to miami too, i cant remember y i support em just found phin flag in a shop on holiday in orlando and bought it and the rest is history

Crowder#52 20.01.2004 05:58 PM

[quote author=Lordy link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=90#msg22699 date=1074451658]
i wonder how many phins fans use this site. let urselfs be known and how u came about supportin the greatest franchise known to football
[/quote]

I chose the Dolphins because they were the first team I saw play. It was sometime in the 1983 season. I think they were playing against the Redskins. It seemed like a good idea at the time. :)

Lordy 20.01.2004 05:59 PM

i read on another thread that miami wer $10 mill over the cap or sumet who are they gonna cut to get below the cap, i mean 10mill is alot of money and sumbody has to be cut in order for us to get under the cap in time

Lordy 20.01.2004 06:01 PM

i heard this from somebody but could miami have drafted Drew Brees in they had wanted to? in that year we got jamar fletcher and sumbody was tellin me we could of had Brees is that true?

Crowder#52 20.01.2004 06:14 PM

[quote author=batman link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=90#msg22711 date=1074452373]
i dont think wanny is the right coach though. he's livng on a 'd' built by jj, and what does he do in off seasons, add to that 'd' and neglent the 'o' where we have been struggling. in games if we have a lead at half time, he goes ultra conservitive 2nd half. stick to what got you the lead, the opp could'nt stop it before half time, why change it to have repeat 3 and outs in the 2nd half.
[/quote]

As much as it maybe hard for me to say but I think Wanny probably deserves another season because he has achieved a good record over the last few years. If he doesnt get us into the playoffs, then he should go.

Because Wanny is a defensive minded coach, he obviously thought that playing good defence and a good running game would be enough to progress deep into the playoffs. Unfortunatly the offense was neglected during free agency and we drafted only one decent offensive player. As a result of this and previous off season personnel moves, the offense is woefully under skilled as this season showed.

In this offseason, I believe we need to get at least 2 new starting offensive linemen, a WR to start opposite Chambers and a QB. As for QBs, Id like to see Mark Brunell but he would only be a short term option. We should draft a rookie and have him develop as a no2 behind Fiedler. Rivers, Losman and Schaub are good QB options in the draft. I think the Fish will use their number one pick on a WR as there are some good ones available in this years draft but if a good o-lineman drops far enough then I can see the Dolphins selelcting him.

Crowder#52 20.01.2004 06:22 PM

[quote author=Lordy link=board=1;threadid=1262;start=105#msg23842 date=1074621677]
i heard this from somebody but could miami have drafted Drew Brees in they had wanted to? in that year we got jamar fletcher and sumbody was tellin me we could of had Brees is that true?
[/quote]

I think thats right. I remember reading that somewhere.

In last years draft, Rick Spielman (our new general manager) wanted to draft Anquin Boldin but Wanny overruled him and drafted LB Eddie Moore.
WR Boldin went on to be rookie of the year and set lots of league records for rookie wideouts. As for Moore, he was a reach in the secound round and went on to be placed on IR for the season. Its unfair to judge him because he didnt play but I dont think he would of been better than Boldin.

The only hope is that now Spielman has the final say in regards to personnel, the quality of the draft should improve.

Lordy 20.01.2004 06:56 PM

lets hope so, we cant keep shootin ourselfs in the foot