NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Lions (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Lions Fan Club (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=53118)

lufccc 28.11.2009 08:01 PM

I'm well up for the idea of a UK fan club. I have searched high and wide for a UK fan club of the Detroit Lions since the beginning of the season when I started to get into the sport. With being 0-16 last year, I though 'why not support the lions, the only way is up' Let me know how to join.

WillyTrencher 30.11.2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WharfedaleTiger (Post 1029873)
Thought I'd give this another bump... how many more do we need? Could we set up a webby/mailing list?

Just one more needed :eek: (ToxicLion & lufccc bring us up to 9)

I've got membership cards ready in anticipation :o

WharfedaleTiger 30.11.2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyTrencher (Post 1031657)
Just one more needed :eek: (ToxicLion & lufccc bring us up to 9)

I've got membership cards ready in anticipation :o

Really! I'm getting goose pimples at the thought of my Lions membership card. Is their any way we can make a membership drive?

WillyTrencher 01.12.2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WharfedaleTiger (Post 1031919)
Really! I'm getting goose pimples at the thought of my Lions membership card. Is their any way we can make a membership drive?

If we keep this thread near the top I'm sure we'll get the one we need soon :)

Another win might help too :D

jack1 01.12.2009 10:19 PM

Count me in for this, sounds like a great idea.

If anyone needs any help with this idea I would be more than happy to oblidge.

WillyTrencher 01.12.2009 10:57 PM

With Jack1's post we've hit the magic 10 so we're up and running :)

I'll try and get a pm to everyone with the basic framework for the fan club over the weekend but in the meantime keep posting ideas about what's wanted.

I was thinking that it'd be nice to vote for our Lion of the year (don't think it should be exclusive to players) at the end of the season as a way of both establishing a link to the team and a way of bringing the personalities closer to us.

IrishLion09 02.12.2009 01:03 PM

:):):)

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

jack1 02.12.2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillyTrencher (Post 1032975)
With Jack1's post we've hit the magic 10 so we're up and running :)

I'll try and get a pm to everyone with the basic framework for the fan club over the weekend but in the meantime keep posting ideas about what's wanted.

I was thinking that it'd be nice to vote for our Lion of the year (don't think it should be exclusive to players) at the end of the season as a way of both establishing a link to the team and a way of bringing the personalities closer to us.

Good work, this could be great

WharfedaleTiger 03.12.2009 04:03 PM

*dances* w00p

A few suggestions;

a) facebook group
b) Webpage (possibly facebook group at first but then expand once we have enough members etc. to afford the fees.)
c) Try to get the offical lions Supporters Club and US based Lions fans/forums involved to support us
d) Player, Lions fan of the year etc. nominations.
e) meet ups? membership cards. If the Lions are on telly at some point (thanksgiving?) then perhaps a meet up for that?

Anyone else?

Lions4777 04.12.2009 09:48 PM

So many Lions fans, who'd of thought!


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.