NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL TV coverage (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Condensed match GamePass thoughts? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=88241)

G-Man Dan 05.02.2012 11:16 PM

Condensed match GamePass thoughts?

Basically I've been pretty ill over the past couple of seasons and in order to catch up with game coverage I'm thinking of purchasing an off season GamePass subscription. Obviously this could be time consuming so I was wondering what your thoughts are on the condensed service? Is this possible with both of the last two seasons? Can I opt to view all games in short?

If all is okay, could someone kindly provide me a list of all fixtures shown on both Sky and Five during the last two seasons?

Many thanks,

Your help in regaining my passion for this great game is much appreciated.

Bean49 06.02.2012 11:39 AM

Do you mean the condensed games? They are only available for this season's matchups (have just checked). Don't know if they are going to go back and do the last 2 seasons' games or not but my guess is probably not.

As for the question about fixtures on 5 and Sky, well first 5 don't show games anymore they're on Channel 4 now (SNF). Secondly if you have Gamepass why bother with the TV schedules? You'll be able to watch every game from the last 3 seasons.

Statto00 06.02.2012 03:31 PM

I find the condensed games options an excellent way of seeing as many games as possible in a short space of time, but like Bean49 says it's just for last year and I doubt they'll go back and add it for the 2009 & 2010 games when they're still trying to install new features.

boomer07uk 06.02.2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statto00 (Post 1533649)
I find the condensed games options an excellent way of seeing as many games as possible in a short space of time, but like Bean49 says it's just for last year and I doubt they'll go back and add it for the 2009 & 2010 games when they're still trying to install new features.

Agree 100%

I've watched loads more games this season purely because of the condensed feature.

I stick the laptop by the cross trainer and burn through a couple of games.

If I was being picky I'd probably like afew replays for crucial plays, but it's still fantastic.

G-Man Dan 06.02.2012 08:00 PM

That's really helpful, thanks very much, I'll no doubt be describing to the off season GamePass subscription when it becomes available tomorrow. I would like to follow the british schedule, to catch up on what I've missed out on so could someone possibly please provide me with the correct schedules (shown on both Sky and Channel 4) for both of the last two seasons?

Cheers again

Statto00 06.02.2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Man Dan (Post 1534139)
I'll no doubt be describing to the off season GamePass subscription when it becomes available tomorrow.

It's been available since Week 17.

Quote:

I would like to follow the british schedule, to catch up on what I've missed out on so could someone possibly please provide me with the correct schedules (shown on both Sky and Channel 4) for both of the last two seasons?

I'm not sure I understand what you're planning. Are you planning on only watching the games that were on TV (which were often rubbish)? There are a couple of threads on here about which were the best games without spoilers, so you're better off watching them rather than the TV ones.

Bean49 06.02.2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

That's really helpful, thanks very much, I'll no doubt be describing to the off season GamePass subscription when it becomes available tomorrow. I would like to follow the british schedule, to catch up on what I've missed out on so could someone possibly please provide me with the correct schedules (shown on both Sky and Channel 4) for both of the last two seasons?

Cheers again

Why do you need the tv schedules? You have all the games on demand at your fingertips. Confused.

No need to wait, the offseason pass has been available since New Year

G-Man Dan 06.02.2012 10:08 PM

This is the wording from the official GamePass site: "Access begins February 7th through July 31st". Remember, this is for the off season version.

I appreciate your help but I would rather just stick to what I would have watched on Sky tbh, therefore, if anyone can supply me with the desired schedules, I'd be very grateful.

Bean49 06.02.2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Man Dan (Post 1534434)
This is the wording from the official GamePass site: "Access begins February 7th through July 31st". Remember, this is for the off season version.

I appreciate your help but I would rather just stick to what I would have watched on Sky tbh, therefore, if anyone can supply me with the desired schedules, I'd be very grateful.

Well I bought the offseason subscription on 2nd of January but that's not to say they won't have changed things. And the offseason subscription is the only one we in the UK have access to in the postseason.

As for schedules, there are threads in the NFL Season forum posted by Qualcomm I believe that detail what games were on Sky in what week and I think if you click the TV & Audio section at the top of this page it takes you to the schedule too. As for the games on C4, it was the Sunday night game every week so just look for the second last game in the list of archived games for that week and you're sorted.

Just about to start going back and watching we games I missed first time round to fill the time in until August myself. Long way away yet :(

Statto00 07.02.2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Man Dan (Post 1534434)

That's for people outside of the UK. Because the playoffs were blacked out here our Offseason Pass began the day before the Wild Card games.