NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Cincinnati Bengals (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   the BENGALS thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=12104)

boomer07uk 28.09.2009 06:13 PM

I've been bouncing off the ceiling all day - shame is, I work in an office where no one has probably even heard of the NFL so couldn't discuss anything with anyone :(

Gonna watch the game again later but a couple of things spring to mind:

1. If it wasn't for one bizarre play we could actually be 3-0!!

2. The two wins were against teams expected to go very deep in the playoffs, not just the cannon-fodder!!

3. The defence hung on for dear life and were rewarded with a sensational 4th Quarter from an Offence that made a number 1 Defence look very, very average.

4. The Offensive playcalling is much more dynamic (backed up by the play of the D I think which allows them to take risks) ... 2nd fake Punt of the Year!!

5. Brad St.Louis needs a HUGE kick up the pants but probably won us the game as trailing 3 points on the last drive the Bengals would never have gone for it on 4th down but would have settled for the FG.

6. How the hell did Maualuga get off the golf buggy and back on the Field so quick! I thought he was gone for the season!!

7. The mistakes were nearly gone - few penalties, balsed up EP, can't believe Palmer trying the dump off to Leonard at the end of the 2nd Q tho. They still need to work on this.

Did I miss much? :D

Terrible Towel 28.09.2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomer07uk (Post 978223)

Did I miss much? :D

8. We were handed the victory by the Steelers.

You missed that bit.

Love TT x

Dragonic 28.09.2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrible Towel (Post 978419)

You missed that bit.

Love TT x

To be fair yes your red zone offense wasn't pretty, but I think our D was part of that too, in past years inside the 20 we'd have just folded up and it would have been pretty much a certainty that you'd get the TD.

Zimmer has done an amazing job transforming the identity of our D since he's been here, and he's starting to get the payoff for his hard work.

Boomer in regards to #5:
At the moment with how Brad is playing i'm glad we left in the hands of Palmer to get the job done rather than relying on Brad to snap the ball for a FG, he's been pretty shocking lately. This reminds me when he botched the snap (At least I think it was his fault going by memory) against Denver a few years ago that cost us tieing the game up and taking it to OT, the year when we only needed one win to get into the playoffs..

Bretts 28.09.2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

You missed that bit.

Love TT x

We only turned up for 3 quarters and still won.:cool:

Kennel Club 29.09.2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretts (Post 978507)
We only turned up for 3 quarters and still won.:cool:

You'll only need to turn up for 1 quarter to win next week! :(

boomer07uk 29.09.2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

You missed that bit.

Love TT x

You can only play the team in front of you.

Good luck with the Chargers ... Rivers has just been drafted into my starting Fantasy lineup :D

Sean Langton 30.09.2009 08:13 PM

Good defence, good runing game hopefully we can take out the browns next sunday

Bretts 30.09.2009 09:04 PM

I,m really hoping that we bury the Browns this week so we actually make a statement before the Ravens game. I know its only a poor Browns team but a real trouncing will hopefully show other teams and pundits that the Bengals winning these big games isn't a surprise.

valityr 30.09.2009 10:09 PM

Sky are showing Cincinnati @ Baltimore next week for those who haven't realised. Shame we haven't really got a chance of winning one of the few games they'll show.

Bretts 01.10.2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valityr (Post 980475)
Sky are showing Cincinnati @ Baltimore next week for those who haven't realised. Shame we haven't really got a chance of winning one of the few games they'll show.

Great !!! Cant wait. Of course we've got a chance of winning. Baltimore have only played the Chiefs, who hung nearly 30 points on them, the Chargers, who again look fragile early season but also hung nearly 30 points on them and the woeful Browns. If we can beat the Browns and the Ravens get a spanking in New England then i reckon it sets up a nice game.

Baltimore will be the team with the pressure on them as they will be expected to win.

And after beating the Steelers we wont have any kind of inferiority complex when it comes to the Ravens game.