NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   New York Giants (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Big Blue Giants Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=4594)

allthegiants 28.02.2005 05:50 PM

The Big Blue Giants Thread

I thought that as the Giants didn't have a thread, I should start one.

I guess the big news is Pace possible move to Giants (sorely needed)

What would be a too higher price to pay? Shockey? (definately) Strahan?

What do people think?

Giants55 28.02.2005 06:01 PM

Re:The Big Blue Giants Thread

The Pace trade is dead and was just a stupid rumor in the 1st place... the Giants have 2 much money in Allen to trade him and woud suffer a hit on the cap which we dont need.
Strahan and Shockey wouldnt be traded in a million years... there 2 of our best players and if E.A did trade them away i think he'd be fired on spot.

allthegiants 28.02.2005 06:10 PM

I agree. But what Giants going to do then? They need to sort the OL!

allthegiants 01.03.2005 10:18 AM

I was just on the Giants message board, and there is a bit of talk about Giants going after Plaxico or Derrick Mason

Anyone else heard anything about this? Good Idea? Surely there are other areas to sort first!

Woolley_Man 01.03.2005 10:25 AM

i'm not sure Mason would be a great idea,the Giants need some youth in that receiving core.They really should be trying to build that O-line though.

viivo 01.03.2005 10:33 AM

[quote author=allthegiants link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=0#msg181362 date=1109672283]
I was just on the Giants message board, and there is a bit of talk about Giants going after Plaxico or Derrick Mason
[/quote]

I thought Mason was already spoken for? As for Plax, there are new rumors that he may be going to the Ravens... again.

allthegiants 01.03.2005 11:44 AM

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=0#msg181365 date=1109672718]
i'm not sure Mason would be a great idea,the Giants need some youth in that receiving core.They really should be trying to build that O-line though.
[/quote]

Toomer is getting on a bit, but Taylor was becoming a bit of a go to guy, he has plenty of pace, and wasn't doing to badly for a rookie. He could develop into a good WR. And Shockey has years ahead. Shockey is someone who would definately benefit from a better OL.

The trouble is that FAs talk to anyone, and suddenley they are moving there!

Woolley_Man 01.03.2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

I know what you mean,i'm annoyed that most of the good Free agent WRs are already off the market.I've heard though that TJ Houshmandzadeh could be going to the Giants though.

allthegiants 01.03.2005 12:14 PM

[quote author=Woolley_Man link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=0#msg181394 date=1109678779]
Quote:

I know what you mean,i'm annoyed that most of the good Free agent WRs are already off the market.I've heard though that TJ Houshmandzadeh could be going to the Giants though.
[/quote]

I heard that one too. I still feel that the Giants should be concentrating in other areas. The other name bandied round is Terrell from Bears.

Can you actually fit Houshmandzadeh on a shirt!?!

allthegiants 02.03.2005 08:18 AM

Any opinions on Wahle becoming a Giant? Do you think EA will go for it? Or is he going to be too expensive?

If anyone has anything else to add, please do! ;D