NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   New York Giants (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Big Blue Giants Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=4594)

allthegiants 23.03.2006 01:37 PM

Re:The Big Blue Giants Thread

[quote author=Edenglish link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=990#msg445492 date=1143116884]

are we worried about a lack of real speed against the pass for covering deep balls against guys like Moss, Johnson, Smith etc. :-\
[/quote]

The system we use is set up to prevent the deep ball, the bend but but don't break defence gave up lots of yards but few points. There is enough speed on the D to run this, the only times we gave up big plays was when there were mistakes or poor tackling.

uk_Giants 25.03.2006 05:07 PM

Really hope this guy produces this year, he really excites/frustrates the hell out off me. For all his talent and potential he still hasnt produced the goods for the Giants.

When the Giants were courting Johnson Tiki did say that Johnson wasnt what the Giants needed, he said we needed a burner at the No3 position, looks like Tiki got his wish b/c Carter can really run. Just hope he stays stay injury free from now on.

http://www.nj.com/images/giants/masthead.gif

Crowder#52 26.03.2006 09:10 AM

So guys we have swapped cornerbacks. What are your thoughts on losing Allen but gaining Madison?

As a Phin, it was sad to see Sam leave but he has been on the decline for the last 2 seasons, though he did have a resurgance towards the end of the last campaign. He has been, arguably, our best ever CB but he failed to live upto former glories and failed to sustain his playmaking abilities.

I dont know too much about Allen but Ive heard he is good in run support and is a pretty good coverage guy but has unreliable hands and isnt a playmaker.

uk_Giants 26.03.2006 01:30 PM

Ive seen Allen play corner and youre right he can cover. But I really believe he is Roberto Duran son. ;)...............Think about it.

Maybe the change in climate will bring out the best in him.

Giant By Nature 26.03.2006 05:51 PM

I've been away from my computer for some time, so could a fellow Giants fan, or anyone kindly update me on our FA activities.

I heard that Moulds is available, should we go for him seeing as Toomer is ageing?

allthegiants 27.03.2006 08:59 AM

[quote author=Giant By Nature link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=990#msg446667 date=1143395466]
I've been away from my computer for some time, so could a fellow Giants fan, or anyone kindly update me on our FA activities.

I heard that Moulds is available, should we go for him seeing as Toomer is ageing?
[/quote]

I think Moulds is as old as Toomer.

How far back do you need to go, we have signed Sam Madison, RW McQuarters, Quentin Harris and John Bell.

And we have resigned David Tyree, Shank and Chad Morton and Tim Carter.

We were after LA, but he toured the country and not signed anywhere else, so a rumour i've read is that we made an offer, gave LA 2 weeks to find a better offer (which he hasn't yet).
Also looking to sign a DT sometime this week. Grady Jackson and Brentson Buckner are the possible signings

Giant By Nature 27.03.2006 12:01 PM

[quote author=All The Giants link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=1005#msg446786 date=1143449971]
[quote author=Giant By Nature link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=990#msg446667 date=1143395466]

[/quote]

I think Moulds is as old as Toomer.

How far back do you need to go, we have signed Sam Madison, RW McQuarters, Quentin Harris and John Bell.

And we have resigned David Tyree, Shank and Chad Morton and Tim Carter.

We were after LA, but he toured the country and not signed anywhere else, so a rumour i've read is that we made an offer, gave LA 2 weeks to find a better offer (which he hasn't yet).
Also looking to sign a DT sometime this week. Grady Jackson and Brentson Buckner are the possible signings
[/quote]

Ok thanks. I've not been away too long, i just havn't checked up on any news/signings. I already knew about Madison, but not about RW McQuarters. A good signing as it adds depth to our backfield. Good point about Moulds being older, my bad. Although i would see Moulds as an upgradre to Toomer. Toomer is vastly underrated yet he would be good in the slot imo.

That DT signing sounds good. Imagine that, Strahan, Usi and either Buckner or Jackson lining up together on the same team. 8)

Didn't we sign Will Demps from the Ravens aswell?

Edenglish 27.03.2006 12:31 PM

We did sign demps also.

Keyshawn will not be joining us, he's a Panther. Rumours that LA is about to be a Jag.

Giant By Nature 27.03.2006 12:51 PM

[quote author=Edenglish link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=1005#msg446864 date=1143462714]
We did sign demps also.

Keyshawn will not be joining us, he's a Panther. Rumours that LA is about to be a Jag.
[/quote]

Shame about Keyshawn. Although re-signing Tim Carter was a good move, i still feel that we need more WR depth, although it's not a huge concern. Although it appears more likely that LA will be a Jag, i'm still keeping my fingers crossed. There's always hope!

thorne14 27.03.2006 01:17 PM

Maybe we'll take a WR in round 1 or 2