NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   New York Giants (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Big Blue Giants Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=4594)

styles 05.04.2005 01:22 PM

Re:The Big Blue Giants Thread

Has anyone heard any more on Petitgout's back spasm's?

I did read there is still talk of moving Kareem to left tackle?

I think Tiki could have another career year running behind Kareem and Snee on the right, if we can somehow land an experienced blocking TE then the offence will potentially be explosive..........

Colt_Ant 05.04.2005 01:27 PM

[quote author=AllTheGiants link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=90#msg198044 date=1112703339]
Im not either. He will develop his quick release and it will become more accurate. The OL wasn't exactly great last season, but it was injury affected and people where playing out of position.

Eli will be fine
[/quote]

and if u look at he stats ..i just did ;) Eli was only sacked 13 times in the 7 games he played and 5 of them came in one game and you played some pretty tasty defences in the home stretch

Eli should do fine ..still not as good as big bro tho ;)

styles 05.04.2005 02:43 PM

Apart from the farce against Baltimore i was impressed by Eli,

I think the G-Men's O-Line will be more than adequate, things only started to go wrong last year when teams realised our passing game was pretty non-existant.

The box was stacked and the Offence crumbled, things will be different in 2005

allthegiants 05.04.2005 03:06 PM

[quote author=New England is our Daddy (Colt_Ant) link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=90#msg198100 date=1112707640]
[quote author=AllTheGiants link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=90#msg198044 date=1112703339]
Im not either. He will develop his quick release and it will become more accurate. The OL wasn't exactly great last season, but it was injury affected and people where playing out of position.

Eli will be fine
[/quote]

and if u look at he stats ..i just did ;) Eli was only sacked 13 times in the 7 games he played and 5 of them came in one game and you played some pretty tasty defences in the home stretch

Eli should do fine ..still not as good as big bro tho ;)
[/quote]

I think the quote from Mr P Manning was that although his brother wasn't quite as cerebral as him, he was a better athlete and more able to scramble. If he can throw on the run, he will be a good QB, perhaps as good as big bro ;) :D

fresh 49ers 05.04.2005 03:12 PM

I don't think that he'll ever be as good as Peyton, but if he can throw well whilst running... he could be a very good prospect for the Giants.

allthegiants 05.04.2005 03:14 PM

[quote author=fresh 49ers link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=90#msg198195 date=1112713932]
I don't think that he'll ever be as good as Peyton, but if he can throw well whilst running... he could be a very good prospect for the Giants.
[/quote]

Never say never but i don't think so either, but what I do hope is that he has more luck in the playoffs.
And your right, any QB who can throw effectively on the run is an asset and hopefully Eli can develop this as I think it is the one major weak point in Paytons game

fresh 49ers 05.04.2005 03:19 PM

I'm not sure how many QB's key aspect are running/passing but if Eli develops this, he could become a much saught after player and work wonders for the Giants in future drafts.

allthegiants 05.04.2005 03:28 PM

[quote author=fresh 49ers link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=105#msg198207 date=1112714348]
I'm not sure how many QB's key aspect are running/passing but if Eli develops this, he could become a much saught after player and work wonders for the Giants in future drafts.
[/quote]

And lets be fair, unless our OL is improved, Eli will getting plenty of practice :-\ :'( ;)

duggay 05.04.2005 03:29 PM

I personally think any Manning sibling can go far - I watched a Giant-Cowboy game last season on five, and Eli played fantasically IHMO.

It would be a lot easier for him if everybody stopped comaparing him to Peyton, it's too much pressure for him.

allthegiants 05.04.2005 03:35 PM

[quote author=Bye Sharper! (duggay) link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=105#msg198224 date=1112714949]
I personally think any Manning sibling can go far - I watched a Giant-Cowboy game last season on five, and Eli played fantasically IHMO.

It would be a lot easier for him if everybody stopped comaparing him to Peyton, it's too much pressure for him.
[/quote]

Problem is that it is unescapeable, but I think he has been compared to his family his whole life and so I think he can handle it.
I agree that he will go far and be the franchise QB that the Giants were after. Now they just need to protect their asset