NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   New York Giants (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Big Blue Giants Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=4594)

allthegiants 03.03.2005 04:37 PM

Re:The Big Blue Giants Thread

[quote author=icebergshorty link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=15#msg182584 date=1109865880]
How do all you Giants fans think Eli will do next season and do you think that Coughlins decision to take out Warner in the middle of the season and replace him with Eli, do you think if we'd stuck with Warner we would have been looking at the playoffs?
[/quote]

In the short run, it seemed like abad idea, but Warner never was the future, and IMO, i think they brought him out at the right time.
He was getting sacked a lot, not all his fault admitidly, and so it enable Eli to come in with no expectations.

If we can improve our OL, he will be better (he couldn't get any worse). I think he has above average targets (Shockey, Toomer, Hilliard, Tyree and Barber) and he will make better reads. It all experiance at the end of the day.

If he is 3/4 the quality of his brother, he will be a franchise player for years to come. (I just hope he does better with post season)

I think 15-20 TDs maybe more, 10 picks. I think Barber will have another career year, especially with a better OL

icebergshorty 03.03.2005 05:12 PM

Just wondering if any of you watched Giants Online on the Giants.com website hosted by Bob Papa, great stuff to watch during the season, usually had 'The Big Open', 'One on One', 'What the Fans are Saying' and 'Final Thoughts'.
Lots of arguements, predictions etc.. If any Giant fans haven't seen this i suggest you check it out especially when the new season starts!

allthegiants 03.03.2005 05:50 PM

[quote author=icebergshorty link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=15#msg182584 date=1109865880]
How do all you Giants fans think Eli will do next season and do you think that Coughlins decision to take out Warner in the middle of the season and replace him with Eli, do you think if we'd stuck with Warner we would have been looking at the playoffs?
[/quote]

How do you think Eli will get on?

icebergshorty 03.03.2005 09:45 PM

I think he'll do fine, he showed alot of promise in the last three games of the season, i must admit i thought it was a very bad idea taking out Warner and i also think that if Warner had stayed starting qb we would have been looking at a playoff place but like coughlin said 'Eli is the future and the future starts now'.
I guess we'll see as soon as the pre season begins, hopefully he should have a lot of help on the OL.

We will have home-and-home series with division rivals Dallas, Philadelphia and Washington and host Arizona, St. Louis, Minnesota, Denver and Kansas City. We will travel to San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans, Oakland and San Diego.

Theres some tough games in there next season Eli needs to be on point to ensure a playoff spot and to hopefully knock the Eagles off top.

allthegiants 04.03.2005 07:57 AM

What does everyone else think about the fact that we seem to be missing out on a good offensive tackle?

Do you think that Giants feel Luke is good enough? Or is there a unheard of that Giants are after?

Blue_Moon 04.03.2005 08:25 AM

The OL was bad last year but I also think the problem was that Eli didn't have anyone to throw the ball to. Toomer and Hilliard had bad years and Shockey was the only target most of the time. As soon as Eli started finding Tyree against the Cowboys we looked a different team.

We have got to go after a WR in the draft, obviously the OL needs looking at.

What is our new LB Piece like (any good?). Who is likley to be the starters at LB next year?

allthegiants 04.03.2005 08:35 AM

[quote author=Blue_Moon link=board=1;threadid=8711;start=15#msg183029 date=1109924715]
The OL was bad last year but I also think the problem was that Eli didn't have anyone to throw the ball to. Toomer and Hilliard had bad years and Shockey was the only target most of the time. As soon as Eli started finding Tyree against the Cowboys we looked a different team.

We have got to go after a WR in the draft, obviously the OL needs looking at.

What is our new LB Piece like (any good?). Who is likley to be the starters at LB next year?
[/quote]

He is supposed to be good. Good leader, intelligent on the field, hard hitter, just a little undersized. Arrington said "Pierce is the reason the defense is as good as it is" High praise indeed!

I think the starting LBs will be Pierce at MLB, and Green and Emmons at OLB. Torbor and Grieson as reserves.

Not a bad core of LBs strength in run stopping and cover with Emmons and Green, and Pierce is a good leader. Should be good.

Apparently McKenzie is going to NY (or has gone to NY). Good point though about looking better when Tyree started connecting.
Is Luke any good at LT?

allthegiants 04.03.2005 03:36 PM

Rumors are abound that McKenzie had agreed terms with the Giants, a friend of a friend of McKenzies has put it on BBI

Would be a definate upgrade :D

Blue_Moon 04.03.2005 03:45 PM

To be honest i don't know a great deal about him, was he a starter for the jets?

Woolley_Man 04.03.2005 04:01 PM

Mckenzie was our starting RT.He is a very solid tackle who doesn't make a lot of mental mistakes.I think he didn't commit a penelty in 2003.He is a better Run Blocker than Pass blocker and is an all round good player.

The one thing i will say though is that he took a step backwards this year,he wasn't as good as he was in 2003 which isn't great for a player in their contract year.

At least he wouldn't have to move out of his home though.