NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   New York Jets (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Why the jets?? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=90107)

galvatron1983 28.05.2012 09:15 PM

Why the jets??

Its a question I get asked as soon as I tell someone they are my team.

My excuse is watching them on Sky, its strange but with every game I watched them in I always ended up supporting them. Id feel gutted when they lost and this was a feeling I couldn't shake and never got with any other team. It stuck I guess because here I am!

What about everyone else??

Tocheb73 28.05.2012 10:33 PM

My first experience was when I was hungover. Jets vs. Dolphins came on and I couldn't be bothered changing channel.

Jets were underdogs and I had recently been to New York.

Was raving about NY to anyone who would listen, and I always love an underdog. Simple choice really!

Can't imagine supporting a team that finds success easily. . . must be so boring!

garyw3108 31.05.2012 06:04 PM

I think its that they are always the underdogs , i love the kits , and im no glory hunter :D

kempy 29.08.2012 07:49 PM

I love the underdog, love NY and they had the best QB ever.........

FLASH GORDON!

wayne ellis 29.08.2012 08:23 PM

Why the Jets? Is there anyone here who doesn't ask themselves that at least once a season? :p

colonelp 29.08.2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kempy (Post 1618633)
I love the underdog, love NY and they had the best QB ever.........

FLASH GORDON!

Ha ha Love this! I saw Flash Gordon for the first time in about 20 years and only just realised he was a Jet!

Scots Warrior 29.08.2012 09:22 PM

"On September 21, Jets quarterback Ken O'Brien and Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino put on a legendary offensive performance. The two quarterbacks combined set NFL single game records of 884 net passing yards and ten touchdown passes, records that still stand to this day. Dan Marino completed 30 of 50 passes for 448 yards and six touchdown passes. Mark Duper and Mark Clayton had big games, each having over 100 yards receiving (Duper with 154, Clayton with 174). O'Brien threw for 479 yards and four touchdown passes all to wide receiver Wesley Walker, including one with no time left on the clock to force overtime, and then the game clincher in overtime for the win, 51-45. To this day, it is the highest scoring game between the teams (96 total points). The win propelled the Jets to a team-record nine-game winning streak, and an NFL-leading 10-1 record."

The first game I watched and I was hooked from then. Total addict of the sport and this team.

Scots Warrior 29.08.2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne ellis (Post 1618711)
Why the Jets? Is there anyone here who doesn't ask themselves that at least once a season? :p

Asked myself more than once this pre-season!

bazblue80 05.09.2012 06:33 PM

Was a bills fan when I was younger but went to new York at new year with the missus a couple of years ago & took in a jets game. It was the final regular season game against the bengals & we had to win to get in the play offs & we blew them off the park.

Been mad about them since & got the white Nike jersey when I went back to NYC in may with #24 on the back.

A_C. 05.09.2012 08:00 PM

Because I'm a Mets fan and misery loves company. Winning is so overrated anyway!