NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   2019 London Games (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ticketmaster Disaster (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=93191)

bradleyskinner 27.10.2012 03:19 PM

Ticketmaster Disaster

Ticketmaster should never be allowed near this event again.

I have had problems every year except one.

How is it that a ticket purchased in February cannot find its way to me by the end of October?

I now have to join the box office collection scrum with the hundreds / thousands of other fans who have been let down.

Is this some underhand arrangement betweem Ticketmaster / Wembley / NFLUK to get us there spending money as early as possible? Any comment NFLUK?

Also Ticketmaster have refused to refund my postage charge. Disgusting.

Dudley^Bird 27.10.2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleyskinner (Post 1680693)

How is it that a ticket purchased in February cannot find its way to me by the end of October?

I now have to join the box office collection scrum with the hundreds / thousands of other fans who have been let down.

Is this some underhand arrangement betweem Ticketmaster / Wembley / NFLUK to get us there spending money as early as possible? Any comment NFLUK?

Same here, tickets not arrived, hours on the phone etc..
Now, instead of going down and enjoying the pre game stroll around the stadium, we now have to get there really early, find the box office and hope ticketdisaster have done all the right things to make sure I can pick them up there.
For tickets ordered (and paid for!!) eight months ago, it's really not on.

Wayne_Gearing 27.10.2012 06:09 PM

Ticketmaster haven't got a great reputation when it comes to ticket sales...

Domed Outter 27.10.2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleyskinner (Post 1680693)

Whilst I'm sure people want to have tickets in hand in good time, Ticketmaster aren't the only company that does this. It is quite normal.

hollis_f 27.10.2012 06:16 PM

You'll be pleased to hear that one of the bosses of Ticket******* was at one of the medal ceremonies at the Paralympic Athletics - and got one of the biggest 'Booos' I've ever heard.

Greg M 27.10.2012 06:40 PM

Not had any trouble my tickets this time, but whenever I get tickets for Twickenham they either don't turn up, or turn up a day before, when I've already cancelled them and made arrangements to go to the box office.

I don't think it's a conspiracy to get people there early, they just don't care. Is there a single other company out there who won't send you an email when they've dispatched something to you?

Mandoo1011 27.10.2012 07:01 PM

I hate Ticketmaster, they're a horrible company to deal with. I haven't had any problems with them this year luckily, but I know people who have.
I wish they didn't have such a monopoly and so much weight in the industry, it lets them get away with doing whatever the hell they want and charging a fortune to do it.

andy32uk 27.10.2012 07:04 PM

After this week watching our "new and improved" postal service here in Peterborough I nearly had my tickets go down the swanee.

A couple of straight off the boat immigrants ( no probs but if the job includes map reading then English would be a good idea)..wandering around the street looking at the street signs then after a couple of hours a large royal mail van rolls up and they show the driver MASSES of letters which they could not deliver.

After watching this and having no post for the day I went out to speak to them..low and behold my post was still in the mail bag with one of the letter been my damn tickets.

I wouldnt mind BUT the street name is on our house with the house number on the door
so while Ticketmaster does screw a lot up, check your royal mail office. you never know!!

leedsblue67 27.10.2012 07:13 PM

Well I have to say that I have bought tickets for a number of events from Ticketmaster and never had any problems. Having posted this I will probably never receive a ticket from them again;-)

guvnor49 27.10.2012 07:23 PM

where is the will call area for tickets at the stadium