NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Bears (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Knox will be on PUP (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=89140)

payton3434 26.03.2012 01:06 PM

Knox will be on PUP

If this remains true, he will be unavailable for at least the first six weeks of the season.

Marshall or not we need another WR.

eatme 26.03.2012 05:53 PM

Yep. I think our top 3 picks in the draft will end being used on a WR, DE and G/LB in any order. I wonder if Knox will manage to get all of his speed back because without that, he doesn't really have much else.

133sam5 26.03.2012 05:59 PM

this is a real shame i actually really like knox i think he is underrated, so what happens now? instead of michael floyd "falling" to us do we have to reach for him now?!?!:(

eatme 26.03.2012 06:04 PM

^ I don't think Floyd is gunna be a Bear. I think he is going top 15 and if he falls then I think you need to take him but I very much doubt it will happen. If we take a WR in the first, it's mostly likely to be Stephen Hill (Lovie has been courting him) but I'm not a fan of that move. I would love him in the second but I think there is going to be some really good DEs left at 19.

payton3434 27.03.2012 09:21 AM

I don't see Floyd falling that far. What worries me is that the Bears still think Hester is a star waiting to shine.

I think think there will be a shortlist of names for DE, T, WR- the one that falls to 19 will be picked. Best available is the way to go.

133sam5 27.03.2012 05:04 PM

does anyone see earl bennett being a starter opposite brandon marshall?

i know he is aint the quickest or biggest or has any "special" talent but he is solid and seems to catch everything that comes his way, in my eyes he is not the best WR but certainly not the worst.

payton3434 27.03.2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 133sam5 (Post 1560327)
does anyone see earl bennett being a starter opposite brandon marshall?

i know he is aint the quickest or biggest or has any "special" talent but he is solid and seems to catch everything that comes his way, in my eyes he is not the best WR but certainly not the worst.

Right now, considering alternatives I hope so. He is as you describe, but an upgrade would be nice.

I would prefer to see Earl working from the slot underneath Marshall; should be some room there for safe hands!

133sam5 27.03.2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by payton3434 (Post 1560339)
Right now, considering alternatives I hope so. He is as you describe, but an upgrade would be nice.

I would prefer to see Earl working from the slot underneath Marshall; should be some room there for safe hands!

anyone but roy williams!!!!!!!!

JakeRhodes 29.03.2012 05:28 PM

Most mock drafts I've read still have Michael Floyd falling to #9 thanks to a couple of teams reaching for QBs (as is often the case). I think there's a 50/50 chance we can get him.

Lovie Smith and Phil Emery have said recently that they're happy with the talent at the o-line so it's looking like it'll either be WR or DE in the first round unless that's a smoke screen.

Jonny73 26.05.2012 04:02 PM

I think Knox has played his last game for the Bears. 6 months after surgery and he still has a limp, it doesn't sound good.

With Bears acquiring Marshall and drafting Jeffery, he'd already be 4th or 5th on the depth chart and that's assuming he's the player he was before the injury.