NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Gameday Forum (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Wildcard. Eagles @ Bears. (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=116941)

Raider12 02.01.2019 02:11 PM

Wildcard. Eagles @ Bears.

Game day thread.

Mark

lee harris 10 02.01.2019 07:42 PM

its hard to bet against Nick Foles in the play-offs but this Bears defence at home might be 1 game to much.

hoping its one of those classic cold weather games where both defences dominate and the Eagle's d-line could cause the Bears offence some problems.

Tamar Raider 04.01.2019 11:10 AM

I like the Bears to win what I think will be a low scoring game.

Eagles 14 - 17 Bears.

djhdjh 05.01.2019 04:50 PM

I reckon exactly the same score. Can't see more than 40 points going on the board all told. Will be very tight and tense all the way.

Need Johnson to erase Mack like he did last season but even then Hicks will cause our interior some issues, need to be very patient with lots of short quick throws to neutralise their rush and avoid turnovers. Then hope that Cox and company can induce Trubisky into some mistakes, I don't think we can win unless the defence comes up with a score or a very short field at some point.

Still, I went 0-3 on predicting our play-offs last year, so Fly, Eagles, Fly.

RichardCunliffe 05.01.2019 05:36 PM

Sproles and Cohen could be key in this one. They are the type of players who can do damage in space, and they are the type of plays you need to find against these defensive fronts. Sproles has got 12 years on Cohen but somehow he still seems to have that short area quickness to hurt teams.

DarwinTheAardvark 06.01.2019 05:01 PM

Tough one to predict. Thought Philadelphia were done when the Saints blew them out, but they have regrouped to win 5 of 6 since then and go into the Playoffs with plenty of momentum. The Bears’ Defense is a dominant force that is capable of shutting down any team in the league, but I remain unconvinced by their Offense.

An Eagles win certainly wouldn’t surprise me, but I think the Bears will grind out an ugly win.

Bears 24 Eagles 13

RichardCunliffe 06.01.2019 10:25 PM

Defence on top, as expected. Those big plays are going to be so important in this one.

RichardCunliffe 06.01.2019 11:06 PM

Rules and replays, they just cause even more confusion. Slow mo's create instances that no one would be expected to seriously consider when making the rules.

Which QB is going to lose this game for their team? I'm guessing Trubisky.

RichardCunliffe 07.01.2019 12:11 AM

It's important for Trubisky to get the ball out in under 2.5 seconds....... unless you have 3.5 seconds in which case its fine. OK. :D

Trubisky proving his doubters (me included) wrong. He's made some nice throws.

goodkarma84 07.01.2019 12:39 AM

well executed from the Eagles, i thought that he got the 2.

dopey not to take that other TO by the Bears when they got the 1st down.

in general inconsistent refs and a bloody stupid rule, if replay shows it should of been a catch it should be a catch and the time never got put back the clock.