NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   New Orleans Saints (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Saints thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=6493)

leapingatlambeau 24.07.2005 10:24 AM

Re:Saints thread

[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=0#msg259076 date=1122199319]
Explosive offence, cack defense.

Defense comes 32nd last year, we draft.......an offensive tackle!! ::)Now, Brown is meant to be good but we're desperate for an upgrade at linebacker and corner, surely we could have signed somebody to help those areas!!

By the way there's at least another Saints fan knocking around, I'm sure I've seen him.......

[/quote]

My mate English Saint posts on here sometimes. Him and a mate have got season tickets for the saints this year. He'll get to 6 games.

Including Lambeau with me in October. If you need anything saints related then PM me and i'll give you his mail address. He's always keen on meeting new fans.

PS Ive been to 5 Saints games in the dome with him. Awesome city !!

packer_fan84 24.07.2005 03:31 PM

[quote author=Panther17 link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=0#msg258842 date=1122062121]
Quote:

Still only one way to go when you are ranked last
Never new it was possible to finish 33rd ;)
All those stats they are nice but they don't really mean anything, the most important stat in a game is the scorline!
Seriously though now I have seen the schedule for the Saints it could be possible for 8-8 or 9-7 record just as long they cause some upsets (as long as it's not against the Panthers) but being the NFL it could go either way.
[/quote]

The Saints will always cause upsets against the better teams, they just shoot themselves in the foot by losing to crapper teams. For example the year the Bucs won the super bowl, the saints beat them twice that year.

AZ 29.07.2005 11:31 AM

Saints sign McKinnon

Wire services
Jul. 29, 2005 12:00 AM

New Orleans signed free-agent linebacker Ronald McKinnon to a one-year contract on Thursday.

McKinnon spent his first nine NFL seasons with the Cardinals.

Terms were not disclosed.

hope he does well for you - i always liked him :)

leapingatlambeau 29.07.2005 12:49 PM

[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=15#msg259212 date=1122226128]
[quote author=leapingatlambeau link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=0#msg259087 date=1122200650]
[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=0#msg259076 date=1122199319]
Explosive offence, cack defense.

Defense comes 32nd last year, we draft.......an offensive tackle!! ::)Now, Brown is meant to be good but we're desperate for an upgrade at linebacker and corner, surely we could have signed somebody to help those areas!!

By the way there's at least another Saints fan knocking around, I'm sure I've seen him.......

[/quote]

My mate English Saint posts on here sometimes. Him and a mate have got season tickets for the saints this year. He'll get to 6 games.

Including Lambeau with me in October. If you need anything saints related then PM me and i'll give you his mail address. He's always keen on meeting new fans.

PS Ive been to 5 Saints games in the dome with him. Awesome city !!
[/quote]

How do people afford to go? It's a labour of love obviously. I'd love to go to New Orleans but hell knows how I could justify the expense!!

Thanks for the info, I'll bear it in mind :D
[/quote]

It is a labour of love. I'm lucky with my job i suppose.

Booked Browns,Bucs, Panthers on the road and the Saints games. its a month off work.

the Ravens and bears over christmas, gonna be cold at Lambeau !! :)

englishsaint 15.09.2005 10:17 AM

For all British Saints Fans, please note that we have now launched our own website www.britishsaints.com. It is gonna be slow going as it is very time consuming plus I have only just returned from the Carolina game.
The photos should be added this week.

Keep the FAITH and get in touch editor@britishsaints.com

NOLAsaint 15.09.2005 06:45 PM

Thanks englishsaint.

I had no idea there were so many dedicated Saints fans here in the UK.

I'll keep an eye on your site.

Monie 27.09.2005 11:09 AM

If anyone has the Vikings game, look out for a moment midway through the 2nd quarter i think where LeCharles Bentley bitchslaps Pat Williams :P

Pretty funny, but it 0wned him ragged

Gman84 10.10.2005 02:01 PM

Sorry Saints fans, but this team does need change and I'm not saying that because of yesterday or this season, but more a look over the past few years. Both Brooks and Haslett are living off the franchises only play-off win four seasons ago and just can't get any consistencey. Brooks especially, the guy has talent, but the mental side of the game is so important for a QB and he just does things that make you wonder how the heck it's possible for a QB to mess up that badly.

I appreciate the Saints have had other problems this year that even the most talneted team would have had trouble facing but still, this team has just stood still for four years after the first year of Hasletts reign when he did so much so quickly.

Mav 10.10.2005 03:55 PM

What's the word on young McPherson?

Everyone I spoke to State-side is convinced he's going to be one of the better QBs in the league. Some even say he's going to be better than both Smith and Rodgers.

I've not seen/know much about him (I don't follow College FB that well) but everything I have heard seems to be pretty good.

flep 10.10.2005 06:09 PM

Stebutt

Thanks for last night in the chatroom. had a great laugh.

As we've got a bye next week i might pop round just to see wahats happening!!