NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NCAA College Football (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New To College Football (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=75191)

njwheelbarrow 10.12.2010 12:12 PM

New To College Football

I think this is the right place to start this thread, if not, I apologise.

I'm a long-time fan of the NFL but being resident in the UK have never had a chance to check out College football. However, the magic of the internet means that I can now catch a college game now and again.

I'd like to watch more college football but don't know how the league is structured. I also don't know how the season/playoffs/bowls are structured (what the heck are all the bowls about!). Is there a good site to get all the basic info? Maybe one of you guys can outline it really simply (e.g. 2 conferences, 4 divisions in each, 16 game season, 12 in playoffs, Superbowl)?

Anything else a noob might want to know (Rivalries, best/worst teams, interesting facts, etc.)?

Cheers!

mde203 10.12.2010 12:50 PM

There's a hell of a lot to know! I'll give it a go, get things started and then people can add to it as they see fit...

College football is split into the FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) and FCS (Football Conference Subdivision) mainly (as well as Division II and Division III), with the FBS the area that most people pay attention to as that is the highest standard. In the FBS there are 120 colleges, who play in 11 conferences:

The Big 10 (which will have 12 teams from next year!)
The Big 12 (which will have 10 teams fro next year)
The Pac-10 (which will become the Pac-12)
The Big East
The South-Eastern Conference
The Atlantic Coast Conference

Those are the main 6, which all have automatic BCS (Bowl Championship Series) bids- more on that later, and there are also five other, smaller conferences:

The Mountain West Conference
The Western Athletic Conference
The Sun-Belt Conference
The Mid-American Conference
Conference-USA

The number of teams in each varies, but 10 to 12 is the norm. There are also teams such as Army, Navy and Notre Dame who are not a part of any conference.

The Bowl Championship Series is the system for determining a national champion, as well as for putting teams into other prestigious bowls. The BCS bowls are:

The Rose Bowl
The Fiesta Bowl
The Sugar Bowl
The Orange Bowl
The National Championship Game

Which teams get into these Bowl games are determined by which teams win the 6 BCS conferences, who each get a bowl berth, as well as 6 other teams, with a maximum of two per conference. The other determinant is the BCS ranking of each team. The BCS rankings are determined by a poll of coaches as well as computer rankings and another poll.

The top two teams in the BCS rankings go into the National Championship Game, and the other bowls select their participants from the rest of the teams who are eligible. Some bowls have ties to certain conferences, so the winner of a conference will go to a certain bowl game. Teams from non-BCS conferences can qualify if they win their conference and finish in the top 12 in the BCS rankings. For one of these see TCU going into the Rose Bowl this year.

The rest of the bowl games are traditional end of season games, which have ties to certain conferences or teams, and provide teams who finish with a record better than .500 a big day out.

Before the BCS came in in the 1990s, the national champion was the team who finished top of the polls- with the Associated Press poll tending to carry the most weight. The AP poll is no longer a part of the BCS rankings as they refuse to name the BCS national champion as their number one automatically.

There's a lot to learn, but you'll get there in the end. I've probably just confused you even more, so if you have any more questions then stick them down here and I or others will answer them for you. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this part of the forum, and all of them tend to be friendly and welcoming, so people will always try to answer any questions you have.

Also, as a niner fan, you might want to check out Stanford as your team if you want to stick in the area.

njwheelbarrow 10.12.2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mde203 (Post 1265252)
There's a hell of a lot to know! I'll give it a go, get things started and then people can add to it as they see fit...

mde203 You are my new hero! Thanks for this info, exactly what I was after.

Now, to reading...

(ed.) Wow, that really is a fantastic overview. I just found the BCS site and the rankings, already this is making sense. I see all the Bowls are played early in January ending with the National Championship on the 10th. That's whole lot more football to look forward to!

So, after the National Championship it's the offseason...when does the College season begin?

As for MY team, I'll check out Stanford but I'm tempted to look beyond the West Coast so that I increase my chances of catching a game when visiting the states. I watched two Oregon teams go at it the other day, hmmm... now, where the hell is Oregon...?

Mr.Red 10.12.2010 01:19 PM

College Football.... the greatest sporting events ever, love College over NFL all day long.

Most of these kids will never play ball in the Pros, so they are playing for their school, their education and to keep playing football, rather than $$$$$! How often do you get up to 115,000 people screaming for their College team, doesnt get better than that!

Youtube is a great source for videos and highlights, plenty of teams in the California area if you keeping it local to your NFL team!

Only problem with College Ball (well all Football for that) is the short season, 1 more month and then its over. But you do still have national signing day (where all the top high school recruits sign letters of intent) to join the college of their choice in Feb and off course the NFL draft in April. Its much more fun watching the draft when you have followed players from a team (or just players in general) throughout their career and then seeing them go pro!

mde203 10.12.2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njwheelbarrow (Post 1265269)
mde203 You are my new hero! Thanks for this info, exactly what I was after.

Now, to reading...

No problem mate! If you want current news ESPN is the place to go, and anything else just whack it into google and you'll find lots and lots of things.

Like I say, anything else you want to know then stick a question down on here and someone will have an answer for you.

Statto00 10.12.2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

So, after the National Championship it's the offseason...when does the College season begin?

Usually the first Thursday of September, a week before the NFL.

Statto00 10.12.2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

I'm tempted to look beyond the West Coast ... where the hell is Oregon...?

West Coast... ;)

Mr.Red 10.12.2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

As for MY team, I'll check out Stanford but I'm tempted to look beyond the West Coast so that I increase my chances of catching a game when visiting the states. I watched two Oregon teams go at it the other day, hmmm... now, where the hell is Oregon...?

About 500 miles North of SF!

njwheelbarrow 10.12.2010 01:41 PM

You guys are the BUSINESS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Red (Post 1265282)
Its much more fun watching the draft when you have followed players from a team (or just players in general) throughout their career and then seeing them go pro!

This is one of the main reasons I'm getting interested. I know the players that I watch each week in the NFL have played a heck of a lot of football before reach my radar, I'd like to now watch some of it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mde203 (Post 1265285)
Like I say, anything else you want to know then stick a question down on here and someone will have an answer for you.

Cheers! Much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statto00 (Post 1265289)
Usually the first Thursday of September, a week before the NFL.

That's quite a short season without any playoffs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statto00 (Post 1265291)
West Coast... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Red (Post 1265293)
About 500 miles North of SF!

Balls. Guess I'll have to pick from one of the other 118 :eek: teams then.

Thanks for all the info! I'll be around these boards so I'll let you know how I get on. Out of interest, which college teams do you support?

Pacino_1992 10.12.2010 01:44 PM

Just ashame college football is so corrupt and like the WWE. The BCS should be scrapped and the Ncaa should stop caring about making millions of dollars. Through stupid bowl games.

People are getting increasingly tired with system and would love a playoff system, 32 team system could easily be introduced with byes etc.

comrade 10.12.2010 01:46 PM

Also, as a niner fan, you might want to check out Stanford as your team if you want to stick in the area.

Or Cal (based in Berkeley). They're not too hot at the moment though. There are two other big teams in California, both based in LA they are Southern California (almost always referred to as USC) and UCLA.

In short, the four big California teams (in order of how good they are at the moment) are:

Stanford Cardinal
USC Trojans
California Golden Bears
UCLA Bruins.

The three smaller teams in California are Fresno State, San Diego State and San Jose State.

The link below is a map of where all Division 1 teams are based, and the conferences they are in...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...c/c4/Cfdia.PNG

I'm sure that some people might take issue with the list below, but I would say that these have been the most successful and big name teams since about 1960 (in no particular order, and with brackets if the where they are based isn't obvious):

Penn State Nittany Lions
Ohio State Buckeyes
Michigan Wolverines
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Indiana)
Tennessee Volunteers
Alabama Crimson Tide
Florida State Seminoles
Florida Gators
Miami Hurricanes
LSU Tigers (Louisiana)
Texas Longhorns
Oklahoma Sooners
Nebraska Cornhuskers
USC Trojans (California)

College football can seem bafflingly complex to the uninitiated, but is (in my opinion) much more fun than the NFL, for all sorts of reasons. The regular season beats that of any other sport, at any level, for excitement. Losing even a single game can be (and normally is) fatal for a team's national title chances.

Last year's championship was fought out between two of the traditional powerhouses, Alabama and Texas. This year it'll be fought out between the Auburn Tigers (who last won it in 1957), and the Oregon Ducks (who've never won a national title in their 117 year history).

Just two little titbits to give you and idea of how big college football is in the States.

i) There are six American football stadia that hold more than 100,000. None belong to NFL teams - all college teams (Michigan, Penn State, Tennessee, Ohio State, Alabama & Texas).

ii) The Nebraska Cornhuskers play in a smallish city called Lincoln, which is about the size of Derby. Their stadium is comparitively small at just 86,000, but they have sold out every single home game that they've played since 1962 - 48 years!

Pacino_1992 10.12.2010 01:49 PM

Regarding teams, i watch the most exciting teams duhhhh and also teams who use a pro style offence.

My football knowledge isnt great but its good seeing potential NFL stars playing and you see loads of high scoring encounters. I recommend buying Espn which comes with Espn America you get your moneys worth interms of football. Plus college gameday is good if you can put up with the awful advertising and screaming american fans.

mde203 10.12.2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njwheelbarrow (Post 1265305)
You guys are the BUSINESS!

This is one of the main reasons I'm getting interested. I know the players that I watch each week in the NFL have played a heck of a lot of football before reach my radar, I'd like to now watch some of it!

Cheers! Much appreciated.

That's quite a short season without any playoffs!

Balls. Guess I'll have to pick from one of the other 118 :eek: teams then.

Thanks for all the info! I'll be around these boards so I'll let you know how I get on. Out of interest, which college teams do you support?

I'm a Boise State fan. We're from Idaho, have a small, but very loud stadium, are one of the most exciting teams to watch and play on BLUE TURF! Just finished our last season in the WAC and are moving to the MWC next season, and we featured in two of ESPN's top 5 games of the season (vs. Virginia Tech at number 5 and @ Nevada at number one).

We've only been a Division I (FBS) school for 20 years, but we're one of the most successful small schools in that period, and I believe I'm correct in saying we are second to Ohio State in current streak of being a top 25 ranked team.

I don't tend to suggest people should support my team when people ask for the NFL, but Boise State is a great team to follow. Everyone either has a soft spot because we are underdogs or dislikes us because we are not one of the historical 'elite' teams.

Check us out! We are more on the West Coast though, not right on the coast, but we are one state in!

mde203 10.12.2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacino_1992 (Post 1265311)
Regarding teams, i watch the most exciting teams duhhhh and also teams who use a pro style offence.

My football knowledge isnt great but its good seeing potential NFL stars playing and you see loads of high scoring encounters. I recommend buying Espn which comes with Espn America you get your moneys worth interms of football. Plus college gameday is good if you can put up with the awful advertising and screaming american fans.

ESPN Player (£13 per month) is good for watching games. All games broadcast on ESPN in the States (the vast majority) broadcast live and also archived for the whole season.

njwheelbarrow 10.12.2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacino_1992 (Post 1265307)
Just ashame college football is so corrupt and like the WWE. The BCS should be scrapped and the Ncaa should stop caring about making millions of dollars. Through stupid bowl games.

People are getting increasingly tired with system and would love a playoff system, 32 team system could easily be introduced with byes etc.

Is it the voting for BCS bowl games that is susceptible to corruption? Do teams buy/lobby for HC votes? Or are there problems with match fixing?

Pacino_1992 10.12.2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njwheelbarrow (Post 1265320)
Is it the voting for BCS bowl games that is susceptible to corruption? Do teams buy/lobby for HC votes? Or are there problems with match fixing?

Ermm sort of although there is acceptable evidence to prove that it works, but the headcoachs poll is rubbish I refuse to agree that oregon are the 2nd best team in the country.

comrade 10.12.2010 02:10 PM

While it's true that most fans would prefer playoffs, I'm not a fan of the idea, and certainly not a 32-game playoff. That would be utterly ludicrous.

What made the aforementioned Boise State@Nevada game so great was how much was riding on it. Losing was an absolute disaster for Boise. In a 16 or 32 game playoff, it'd have been a game with no relevance whatsoever, and half of Boise's starters would have been rested.

Whilst the bowl games aren't perfect, and mean that the season doesn't really end with as much of a bang as some would like - the system does make the regular season absolutely brilliant.

njwheelbarrow 10.12.2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comrade (Post 1265309)
ii) The Nebraska Cornhuskers play in a smallish city called Lincoln, which is about the size of Derby. Their stadium is comparitively small at just 86,000, but they have sold out every single home game that they've played since 1962 - 48 years!

Thanks for the info, Comrade! Those crowd stats are incredible, 100,000+ for non-pro sport, there's nothing like that in the UK. I've always been aware college football was popular and so always had a sense that I was missing out... time to play catchup methinks.

Quote:

The number of teams in each varies, but 10 to 12 is the norm. There are also teams such as Army, Navy and Notre Dame who are not a part of any conference.

If Notre Dame are one of the most successful teams and yet they don't play in a conference then what are they winning? Bowls?

(Great chatting with you all, I've got to work now but will check in later).

njwheelbarrow 10.12.2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mde203 (Post 1265317)
ESPN Player (£13 per month) is good for watching games. All games broadcast on ESPN in the States (the vast majority) broadcast live and also archived for the whole season.

(Damn, this thread is addictive)

mde203, £13 a month, and you can watch those archived games any time you like? That's seriously tempting if it lets me watch college football and stay semi-functional in the UK timezone!

mde203 10.12.2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njwheelbarrow (Post 1265330)
Thanks for the info, Comrade! Those crowd stats are incredible, 100,000+ for non-pro sport, there's nothing like that in the UK. I've always been aware college football was popular and so always had a sense that I was missing out... time to play catchup methinks.

If Notre Dame are one of the most successful teams and yet they don't play in a conference then what are they winning? Bowls?

(Great chatting with you all, I've got to work now but will check in later).

Notre Dame have won a number of national titles. That's because of rankings. They still play good opponents due to their prestige, and don't need to be a part of a conference. How good a team is tends to be based on their national rankings rather than their conference wins.

mde203 10.12.2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njwheelbarrow (Post 1265331)
(Damn, this thread is addictive)

mde203, £13 a month, and you can watch those archived games any time you like? That's seriously tempting if it lets me watch college football and stay semi-functional in the UK timezone!

Yep, it's useful! Some big games aren't on there, such as anything CBS shows, which tends to be the biggest SEC game of the week, but most games are in there.

Tends to be a series of games which start at 5 our time, then 8:30, then 11ish. Some in between, but these tend to be the main times.

Bretts 10.12.2010 03:59 PM

Do what I do...................follow the Trojans.:D

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/usc_trojans6.jpg

Statto00 10.12.2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njwheelbarrow (Post 1265320)

Basically, the champions of the six automatically qualifying (AQ) conferences qualify for a BCS Bowl regardless of record (cf. UConn, 8-4, haven't ranked in the Top 25 all year), and then the other four spots are "at large" bids which are loosely based on the BCS Rankings.

The BCS Rankings are two-thirds based on polls, where the voters give undue preference to teams in AQ teams, thereby giving the AQ conferences two bites at the Cherry.

This year there are four teams in the BCS Bowls who lost at least two games (UConn, Oklahoma, Va Tech, Arkansas), but three one-loss teams missed out (Michigan State, Boise, Nevada).

tomwil93 10.12.2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretts (Post 1265381)

Jaw drops :p, might have to follow the trojans ;)

njwheelbarrow 10.12.2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bretts (Post 1265381)

I don't usually sway-to-gay but this QB is HOT!

Mr.Red 11.12.2010 06:28 AM

Not to trash the thread.. but when a playmate says UCF.... :D

http://ninjalite.com/wp-content/uplo...ghlin-axis.jpg

ianuk 11.12.2010 03:33 PM

To be honest there are two very convincing arguments on previous posts about why you should support USC or UCF but if you're still undecided try http://hunch.com/college-football-teams/ It's basic but only meant as a bit of fun. Best advice is to just watch as many games as you can and you will soon start supporting one.
I started supporting Penn State last year because i wanted to support a team that had a proud history, was competetive and played outdoors in a northern state. Should be interesting as this year I applied to go and study at UCLA.

njwheelbarrow 11.12.2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianuk (Post 1265921)
To be honest there are two very convincing arguments on previous posts about why you should support USC or UCF but if you're still undecided try http://hunch.com/college-football-teams/ It's basic but only meant as a bit of fun. Best advice is to just watch as many games as you can and you will soon start supporting one.
I started supporting Penn State last year because i wanted to support a team that had a proud history, was competetive and played outdoors in a northern state. Should be interesting as this year I applied to go and study at UCLA.

Indeed, the "arguments" for USC/UCF are becoming more and more convincing.

So far my two criteria for picking a team are:

1) Not a West Coast team (The Niners cover that base for me).

2) A team that are not at the top of their game. I jumped on the Niners bandwagon when they were at the top of their game, which was awesome because I got to enjoy a couple of Superbowl victories with them, but I think I'd enjoy watching a team fght for a few years now.

Other than that, think I'll check out the history of college football and watch a few games to see who catches my eye. At the moment I am drawn to one of the Oregon teams which a) Doesn't fit my first criteria, and b) is only because the one and only college game I've seen to date was Oregon vs...Oregon State. No rush, I'll see who jumps out at me.

Thanks for the response ianUK. Really digging everyone's input to this thread.

njwheelbarrow 11.12.2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Red (Post 1265750)

I'd show her my footBALLS!

....sorry.

tomwil93 11.12.2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Red (Post 1265750)

Oh my Goodness.... :eek:

mde203 11.12.2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njwheelbarrow (Post 1265941)
Indeed, the "arguments" for USC/UCF are becoming more and more convincing.

So far my two criteria for picking a team are:

1) Not a West Coast team (The Niners cover that base for me).

2) A team that are not at the top of their game. I jumped on the Niners bandwagon when they were at the top of their game, which was awesome because I got to enjoy a couple of Superbowl victories with them, but I think I'd enjoy watching a team fght for a few years now.

Other than that, think I'll check out the history of college football and watch a few games to see who catches my eye. At the moment I am drawn to one of the Oregon teams which a) Doesn't fit my first criteria, and b) is only because the one and only college game I've seen to date was Oregon vs...Oregon State. No rush, I'll see who jumps out at me.

Thanks for the response ianUK. Really digging everyone's input to this thread.

If you don't want a West coast team and don't want a team which is at the top of their game take a look at The U (Miami). They certainly fit the criteria. Or Michigan. Florida could count as well.

N.J.S 11.12.2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

*explanation*

Wow, awesome explanation, just what I was looking for too! Thank you :)

And just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better, the two "convincing arguments" cropped up. Terrific.

I too am looking for a college team and as another Californian-NFL team fan I'd love to hear suggestions about what team to support. I don't just mean more "convincing" haha, but some serious stuff too. :)

EamonH 11.12.2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.J.S (Post 1265966)
Wow, awesome explanation, just what I was looking for too! Thank you :)

And just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better, the two "convincing arguments" cropped up. Terrific.

I too am looking for a college team and as another Californian-NFL team fan I'd love to hear suggestions about what team to support. I don't just mean more "convincing" haha, but some serious stuff too. :)

If you are looking to stay in California for your college team then the big ones are: USC, UCLA, Stanford and California. USC and UCLA both play in LA (well near enough LA in terms of UCLA) so would be closest for San Diego.

The other Cal teams are: San Jose State, Fresno State and San Diego State (who share qualcomm with the chargers). They all play in smaller conferences tho and the chances of seeing them on tv over here are very slim.

If you are looking for elsewhere then if u just say what places you like and i'm sure me or someone else can give u some info on teams from that area.

or you could just watch a few games and see if anything catches your eye. Be it cheerleaders, the teams style or the traditions they have.

tomwil93 11.12.2010 07:55 PM

I need a team :/, i like auburn but im not too sure :confused: i would like an east coast team and somewhere around indiana, but tbh im not bothered.

EamonH 11.12.2010 08:14 PM

In Indiana you would have: Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue and Ball State.

Notre Dame are one of the biggest supported teams in the US and i'm sure you'll get a few folk try and make u support them here. They are nearer to Chicago tho so would be more of a trek from Indianapolis if you were wanting to see both teams play the same weekend.

Indiana are more of a basketball school but are in one of the top conferences (Big Ten).

Purdue are in the same conference but have a better football team. Drew Brees went to Purdue.

I don't follow the Big Ten that much (outside of the top teams for rankings purposes) so someone else could give you more info on them teams.

Ball State are part of the MAC. Therefore they don't get as much coverage over here but i do seem to end up watching quite a bit of the MAC on ESPN Player. Mainly since they do quite a few tuesday and wednesday games later in the season. Ball State went 4-8 this year after 2-10 last year. 2 years ago tho they went to the conference championship game with a record of 12-0 but lost to buffalo and then lost their bowl as well to end the season on a bit of a downer.

Cincinnati would also be quite close, and with Ohio and Michigan next to Indiana you would have all the Ohio (8 teams including Ohio State being the main one) and Michigan (5 teams with Michigan and Michigan State being the major teams) teams to choose from too if you are looking for somewhere close.

tomwil93 11.12.2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EamonH (Post 1266070)
In Indiana you would have: Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue and Ball State.

Notre Dame are one of the biggest supported teams in the US and i'm sure you'll get a few folk try and make u support them here. They are nearer to Chicago tho so would be more of a trek from Indianapolis if you were wanting to see both teams play the same weekend.

Indiana are more of a basketball school but are in one of the top conferences (Big Ten).

Purdue are in the same conference but have a better football team. Drew Brees went to Purdue.

I don't follow the Big Ten that much (outside of the top teams for rankings purposes) so someone else could give you more info on them teams.

Ball State are part of the MAC. Therefore they don't get as much coverage over here but i do seem to end up watching quite a bit of the MAC on ESPN Player. Mainly since they do quite a few tuesday and wednesday games later in the season. Ball State went 4-8 this year after 2-10 last year. 2 years ago tho they went to the conference championship game with a record of 12-0 but lost to buffalo and then lost their bowl as well to end the season on a bit of a downer.

Cincinnati would also be quite close, and with Ohio and Michigan next to Indiana you would have all the Ohio (8 teams including Ohio State being the main one) and Michigan (5 teams with Michigan and Michigan State being the major teams) teams to choose from too if you are looking for somewhere close.

cool thanks for writing all of that dude :D i think i may choose between the buckeyes and wolverines :confused: :D

EamonH 11.12.2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwil93 (Post 1266075)
cool thanks for writing all of that dude :D i think i may choose between the buckeyes and wolverines :confused: :D

wolverines! ohio state are evil. and it sounds so much cooler to declare yourself a wolverine than a buckeye.

HolyRoller10 11.12.2010 08:24 PM

Indiana, Purdue and Ball State...a fate worse than death. Purdue is the best dog of that bunch.

I tell everyone on these threads that you should really pick a Top 30 program if you want to have any real access to your team and to keep an interest from afar. Basically, it would behoove people new to college football to start out with a team that is continually ranked in the top 25; it will just add so much more to the experience and aids in learning the system and debates.

tomwil93 11.12.2010 08:25 PM

Im choosing ohio state :D

HolyRoller10 11.12.2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwil93 (Post 1266080)
Im choosing ohio state :D

Good choice. Largest living Alumni in America, biggest freakin' school on the planet, all the big games televised, part of arguably the best rivalry and always in the Top 10. You'll have fun. But it's not all Roses.

Every SEC fan thinks your conference sucks and your team is slow and overrated. Big test in the Sugar against Arkansas. Ohio State is 0-9 against the SEC.