NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL season (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Your team's Hall of Famer (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=43274)

insanebassist086 13.05.2009 06:47 PM

Your team's Hall of Famer

Every teams has there great players at the moment and seeing as the NFL is the quickest to crown players as canton bound after one good play and condem the great ones for one bad one. Seeing as none of us are sensationalist media rumour pedlars I thought it would be a nice source of debate for fans to list one or two of their team's current players who they think are eventually canton bound.

For me it has to be D Ware, if he keeps close to his form now he will probably overtake a lot of guys in the hall in terms of sacks and coul be viewed as the next DT.

And J Wit who may be one of the most complete TEs since Mike Ditka and if he continues to be Romos BFF I can see him being in the top 5 of recieving yards for TEs when he retires.

Harwich Hog 13.05.2009 06:51 PM

Not sure there is anyone on the Redskins current roster. Maybe with a ring or two...

SimonLAylett 13.05.2009 06:54 PM

I think it's pretty safe to say Peyton Manning is HOF bound, unless he decides to take up funding dogfighting.

insanebassist086 13.05.2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harwich Hog (Post 894995)
Not sure there is anyone on the Redskins current roster. Maybe with a ring or two...

I think portis has a fair enough shot
He has the kind of personallity that will have him on NFL network once he is done and a players HOF chances double when they become an analyst

Steve_H 13.05.2009 07:00 PM

Alex Smith, without a doubt:rolleyes:,.....*cue silence and tumbleweed drifting past*...Or maybe not then..............

Vincent 13.05.2009 07:04 PM

Mojo is the only one I can really see having a shot at it, and he'd need many more productive years to get close. Fred T has a shout, especially if he picks up a ring with the Pats.

Harwich Hog 13.05.2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insanebassist086 (Post 895002)
I think portis has a fair enough shot
He has the kind of personallity that will have him on NFL network once he is done and a players HOF chances double when they become an analyst

He's an example of a guy that would need a ring in my opinion.

BearsandBlues 13.05.2009 07:15 PM

Brian Urlacher, Jay Cutler if he gets us a couple of rings, i want Hester to get in as a returner but i think that's highly unlikely.

Cornishman32 13.05.2009 07:18 PM

Well the Dolphins have today resigned Jason Taylor, so I guess he has a fair crack... although certainly not a shoe-in.

Apart from him, I'm not sure we have anyone who i'd say based on what they've done so far has a legitimate shot. Perhaps Jake Long if he fulfills his top draft pick potential... but far too early to make those kind of predictions about him.

pj 13.05.2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harwich Hog (Post 895011)
He's an example of a guy that would need a ring in my opinion.

+ another couple 1500 yard seasons to even have a chance.

I think the only Redskin worth mentioning is Samuels but he won't make it.