NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Cincinnati Bengals (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   the BENGALS thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=12104)

jolts 01.02.2006 10:10 AM

the BENGALS thread

well i never found one so thought i would start one up for them. :D

well what do you think of palmers new contract?

when do you think the team the bengals are building will become contenders for the superbowl?

what are your thoughts on palmers injury?

BengalBoy 01.02.2006 11:36 AM

Re:the BENGALS thread

Palmers Injury made me feel sick for days. But after a few weeks of therapy im okay, Im sure he will come through in time for the start of next season ( or i hope ) i imagine Kitna is gonna get snapped up by another team and by the sounds of things we are looking to bring in Matt Schaub as our backup or potential starter of Palmer isn't ready.

As Far as Palmers Contract, I think its great, we have paid most of the money in the 1st few years of his contract ( as we have the spare cap at the momment ) and if he recovers from his injury im sure he will be a great QB for years to come.

As for the Team in general. Almost all our starters / stars are all signed up for years to come, so touch wood we are looking set to make some Superbowl runs in the following years. We just need a few upgrades on Defence, Saftey / Dline and we should be okay.

thats my 2cents worth for now 8)

jolts 01.02.2006 11:41 AM

my general thoughts are that the bengals team is more than going to be a threat for the superbowl in the not to distant future, and that their first big move forward was when they made a deal to extend palmers contract and look like they mean business.

Dorkie 01.02.2006 12:20 PM

[quote author=jolts link=board=1;threadid=17310;start=0#msg420604 date=1138794063]
my general thoughts are that the bengals team is more than going to be a threat for the superbowl in the not to distant future, and that their first big move forward was when they made a deal to extend palmers contract and look like they mean business.
[/quote]

I agree. Their offence is as good as any in the league, if they can address their defence, especially stopping the run, via the draft and fa they will be hard to beat. It's great to see them finally turning it around, there my 2nd team mainly as i used to take pity on them from when i started watching football in the C4 Blitz days.

01.02.2006 12:24 PM

What do you need from the draft then geezers? I took a DT for you in my mock ut someone didn't like the pick, I considered TE and Safety but none seemed worth the pick.

Dorkie 01.02.2006 12:33 PM

[quote author=LeedsJay link=board=1;threadid=17310;start=0#msg420666 date=1138796647]
What do you need from the draft then geezers? I took a DT for you in my mock ut someone didn't like the pick, I considered TE and Safety but none seemed worth the pick.
[/quote]

I'd say a DT too. Gabe Watson seems to be popular choice, although i don't really know much about him to be honest.

01.02.2006 12:52 PM

[quote author=Dawkie link=board=1;threadid=17310;start=0#msg420688 date=1138797239]
[quote author=LeedsJay link=board=1;threadid=17310;start=0#msg420666 date=1138796647]
[/quote]I took Brodrick Bunkley, it seemed logical to me

I'd say a DT too. Gabe Watson seems to be popular choice, although i don't really know much about him to be honest.
[/quote]

BengalBoy 01.02.2006 03:17 PM

Gabe Watson is the guy i would like, Im fed up of us being linked with sub 300lbs DT's. We have been there and done that, And its fair to say it has not worked. We need a Monster NT who can free up other guys on the line.

jolts 01.02.2006 10:42 PM

any bengals fans out there

Bongo46 02.02.2006 08:49 AM

Are the Bungs too good for the AFC North thread now? ;)