NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL season (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Yearly Awards (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=41156)

Kazza 06.02.2009 08:37 PM

NFL Yearly Awards

So, Manning gets MVP for leading his team to and 8-game win streak, but in a year where he put up some of his worst career numbers. Discuss!

Matt Ryan (16 TD, 11 INT, 88.7 rating) Offensive Rookie of the Year. Leaned heavily on Turner and the run game and struggled when they did.
Matt Forte (316 Att, 1238 RuYards, 8 TD, only 1 fumble + 4 RecTD) carried the Bears offense prety much singl handedly, made Kyle Orton look like a Pro Bowler, lead the team in both rushing and recieving yards. Who deserved it more? Or was it Flacco, who won the Rookie of The Year overall prize?

My opinion? Forte should have been Rookie of the Year in both categories, and Manning did a great job carrying the Colts to the playoffs.

flea 08.02.2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazza (Post 856482)
So, Manning gets MVP for leading his team to and 8-game win streak, but in a year where he put up some of his worst career numbers. Discuss!

Matt Ryan (16 TD, 11 INT, 88.7 rating) Offensive Rookie of the Year. Leaned heavily on Turner and the run game and struggled when they did.
Matt Forte (316 Att, 1238 RuYards, 8 TD, only 1 fumble + 4 RecTD) carried the Bears offense prety much singl handedly, made Kyle Orton look like a Pro Bowler, lead the team in both rushing and recieving yards. Who deserved it more? Or was it Flacco, who won the Rookie of The Year overall prize?

My opinion? Forte should have been Rookie of the Year in both categories, and Manning did a great job carrying the Colts to the playoffs.

Must have missed the part where Orton was pro bowl calibre

Magnitude 08.02.2009 03:21 PM

Manning had a good year for a QB, but a bad year for him. He didn't deserve MVP, and I was shocked he got it. Warner, Turner, Williams, AP all deserved it more. Brees would have got it, had NO made the playoffs, I feel.

I didn't feel Flacco deserved the overall award. There were so many in the running though, so I guess it's not that bad. Ryan deserved the one he got. I like that you didn't complain about DROTY.

vann_mcelroy 08.02.2009 04:45 PM

Deangelo Williams would have been my MVP not Manning.

Flacco would have got my OROTY vote.

JeromeNeil 08.02.2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flea (Post 857284)
Must have missed the part where Orton was pro bowl calibre

From the Philly game up until his injury, Kyle was playing just as good as any QB in the league.

flea 08.02.2009 05:33 PM

At that stage yes Orton played well but Pro Bowl quality no

JeromeNeil 08.02.2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flea (Post 857367)
At that stage yes Orton played well but Pro Bowl quality no

Yeah, at that stage he really was, if rushing back from injury hadn't ruined his form than I think you could have made just a good a case for Kyle as you could have Eli.

Swervedriver 08.02.2009 06:09 PM

he played well for about 3 games

JeromeNeil 08.02.2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swervedriver (Post 857401)
he played well for about 3 games

Can you blame him? He's throwing to a kick returner and an Arena League DB.

John Breitenbach 08.02.2009 06:28 PM

It's ridiculous to say Ryan was only good because of Turner against us MT was shut down and yet Ryan played great and nearly won them the game.

In a few year he'll be the best at the position, and i'm inclined to say best ever!