NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL TV coverage (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A Football Life (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=102896)

Kase 14.08.2014 06:52 PM

A Football Life

Anyone know if this is getting a 4th series?

If not is there a weekly show like this that NFL films are doing this season? They've had something along these lines for many seasons now

FallenFlyer 15.08.2014 03:31 AM

The NFL network has a promo for 'A Football Life' Season 4 on every few minutes. I haven't seen any announced episodes but it would appear that Bill Walsh, Ricky Williams and Terrell Davis will have episodes.

boknows34 15.08.2014 12:10 PM

Season 4 was announced for September 12th, 2014. From the promotional trailers running on NFL Network episodes can be expected featuring Terrell Davis, Lyle Alzado, Joe Greene, Eric Dickerson, Bill Walsh, Ricky Williams, Sean Taylor, Roger Staubach, and Doug Flutie.

Sayers 15.08.2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boknows34 (Post 2082769)
Season 4 was announced for September 12th, 2014. From the promotional trailers running on NFL Network episodes can be expected featuring Terrell Davis, Lyle Alzado, Joe Greene, Eric Dickerson, Bill Walsh, Ricky Williams, Sean Taylor, Roger Staubach, and Doug Flutie.

There are going to be some brilliant episodes looking through them -

Terrell really should be in the HOF soon - just my opinion and Lyle Alzado should be really interesting.

I would imagine the Sean Taylor one will be heartbreaking! After watching some footage of Sean Taylor the other day I started thinking of the game where the Skins started only 10 men on defense after he passed away (I think it was just for the first play!). I think that was a great thing to do -

Looking forward to these - and a little off topic - we should be seeing the America's Game Seahawks in a few weeks - isn't normally on NFL Network the day before the first game?

Jack Presley 15.08.2014 05:50 PM

Can't wait for the Sean Taylor one.

alexpeden2000 15.08.2014 06:24 PM

Looking forward to A Football Life, the Ricky Williams one should be interesting (the 30 For 30 film about him certainly was.)

I see NFL Network will also be showing a repeat of Showtime's 'Inside The NFL' this season. It's moving to Tuesday nights and then being shown on NFLN on Wednesdays at 9pm ET - hopefully be a good watch after work on Thursdays, never seen in but heard it's excellent.

Kase 18.08.2014 08:01 PM

Thanks, some good episodes to look forward to again

Paulo B 1978 14.09.2014 05:10 PM

Just saw an advert for Brandon Marshall ' A Football Life'. Please?..

yeahbuddy 15.09.2014 06:46 PM

Brandon Marshall is showing Friday night on nfl channel looking forward to it he is one of my favourite players.

Sayers 18.09.2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahbuddy (Post 2097364)
Brandon Marshall is showing Friday night on nfl channel looking forward to it he is one of my favourite players.

I am really looking forward to this and they are right to choose Marshall -

Don't get me wrong I am a little biased and I am sure he will end this year as the Super Bowl MVP as Chicago brings it home - but anyway.........

This is an example of someone whose life was pretty much in disarray, he truly took on board events of his life which lead to him discovering he has Borderline Personality Disorder, which in turn he has managed to (so far) stay on top of and managed to turn his life around while doing a lot of good for others in the process.

He has really helped raise awareness of mental health issues, made numerous, numerous contributions to the community where he now plays, both monetarily and with his time and while also being one of the top most dangerous receivers in the NFL!

Everyone runs into trouble in their life - some more than others for a variety of reasons - but people deserve a chance to put things right if they can and this chap is a shining example of how you can do that if you need to - can't wait to see it! Great show!