NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Colts fans introduce yourselves! (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=51020)

unhygenix 12.10.2009 05:48 PM

Colts fans introduce yourselves!

Well here's an original idea...

Name: Cathal
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark, Freeney
Favourite ex-colts: Harrison, Edge, Cato June
Fan since: 2004
Why you decided to support the Colts: The monkey on Mannings back that has since been slain and the intense rivalry with the Pats.
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: The AFC Championship comeback.

tomwil93 17.10.2009 06:42 PM

thought i would copy the same idea :P

Name: Tom

Favourite current Colts: Manning, Wayne, Sanders, Bethea

Favourite ex-colts: Harrison

Fan since: November/december 2008

Why you decided to support the Colts: Watched NFL americas game on the 2006 superbowl run, was amazed how tony dungy still led the team to a superbowl title during emotional times (his son taking his own life), i also like the type of offense the colts play fast paced and good :) and of course peyton manning :)

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Dont have one yet, but im just gunna say the superbowl win ;)

whiffena 17.10.2009 08:25 PM

Colts Baby !!

Name: Aaron Whiffen

Favourite current Colts: Manning - Sanders - Freeney - Brackett

Favourite ex-colts: James , June , Harrison

Fan since 2004/05

Add Me On Msn whiffen@hotmail.co.uk - colts fans

why i follow the colts because PEYTON MANNING is god !!! also i hate patriot fans

Coltsfan93 18.10.2009 10:43 AM

Name: Mark

Favourite current Colts: DFree, Reggie, Manning, Clark

Favourite ex Colts: Edge

Fan since: 2003

Why you decided to support the Colts: Although I actually had the Madden game for the Sega megadrive in like 1994 I didn't properly start watching the NFL until much later. Having always been big on motor racing and especially the Indy 500 when I then got Madden in 2003 offseason Indianapolis stood out for me. In addition I already was familiar with the Indianapolis Star website (Indystar.com) for the auto racing bit and so I started browsing the Colts section and the Colts forum on there as well during the build up to the season and I've been a Colts fan ever since.

So in fact I had my team before I'd even watched my first full NFL game which is a bit unusual I guess.

Favourite moment: Super Bowl win. AFC championship game win probably a close second or even tied.

tksgtmason 20.10.2009 05:41 PM

Name: Ross
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark, Freeney, Wayne, mathis, brackett, collie, saturday, sanders, hayden, addai,
Favourite ex-colts: Harrison, Edge, Glenn, Hunter Smith,
Fan since: the 49 touchdown year
Why you decided to support the Colts: I dont know, i just picked them without knowing much.

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: The AFC Championship comeback. i almost turned this off at half time, and then was in tears when mjax intercepted brady.

tksgtmason 20.10.2009 05:44 PM

i remember celebrating the superbowl at halftime, i just knew that after the previous game 18 wouldnt go through that again.

also tony dungy as my favourite colts

KillerKixx 21.10.2009 09:49 AM

Name: Krissi
Favourite current Colts: Manning,Addai, Freeney, Wayne, Sanders, Clark, Vinatieri, Garcon
Favourite ex-colts: Harrison, Edge James, Cato June, Brandon Stokley, Darrel Reid
Fan since: 2001
Why you decided to support the Colts: When I Got into American Football I found a pog in my house with the colts logo on it, so decided to go with the blue horseshoe! visited florida in 2001 and bought all the peyton manning/colts stuff available.
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Kelvin Haydens INT in superbowl 42 to seal the deal!

Pettitj 21.10.2009 01:46 PM

Name: James
Fav current Colts: Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders, Clark.
Fav Ex Players: June, Harrison.
Fan since:2006
Why the Colts?: Couldnt sleep one night so put NFL on 5 on, Colts were playing some team so I picked them. 3 Months later they won the Superbowl.
Favourite moment: The first superbowl I watched was Bears vs. Colts so I cant get better than that.

noonster 24.10.2009 09:51 PM

Name:Matt
Ocupation:School
Fav current colts:Manning,Freeney,Mathis,
Fav ex players:Harrison,Tarik Glenn
Fan since:2006
Why the colts?:your guess is as good as mine,i honestly cant remember.
Favourite moment:Marlin Jackson intercepts Brady in the championship game sending us to the super bowl,it made it even better because my brother is a patriots fan.

willo1904 25.10.2009 07:22 PM

Name: Chris
Favourite current Colts: Freeney, Mathis, Wayne...and who doesn't like Manning?!!
Favourite ex-colts: Harrison and Edge
Fan since: 2003/2004
Why you decided to support the Colts: Very random...but I was on a trip to Copenhagen in Denmark for a football tournament, when at the Sports Bar in the train station there was an xbox with Madden on...bear in mind I had never watched an NFL game before and didn't know any of the teams. I selected random on the xbox and ended up with the Colts. Played a few games, and enjoyed it so bought Madden when I got home and used them on Franschise mode. The first NFL game I watched was when Vanderjacht missed that field goal against the Steelers :(

My first full season of watching the Colts and we won the Superbowl...happy days! I got a Colts jersey for my 21st birthday with #93 Freeney on the back.

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: The AFC Championship comeback. Marlin's Interception :D

drakau 26.10.2009 10:18 PM

Name: Chris
Favourite current Colts: Sanders, Manning, Freeney, Garcon (gotta love that name pointing)
Favourite ex-colts: Starvin Marvin, Edge, Reid, & Vanderjagt (just kidding)
Fan since: 2004-5ish
Why you decided to support the Colts: I started dating a Hoosier.
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Jackson's pick to win the AFC champ game.

Boris the Spider 29.10.2009 05:06 PM

Ahh, why not?

Name: Daz/Darren
Favourite current Colts: Wayne, Addai, Sanders, obviously Peyton
Favourite ex-colts: Harrison, Edge
Why you decided to support the Colts: One of mates' family is a Hoosier, and convinced me when I was deciding on a team
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Addai's TD in the AFC Championship, I had the feeling that was it and the defence could hold Brady.

TheRainKings06 04.11.2009 09:28 PM

Great to find some Colts fans! I love NFL and love the Colts, but there aren;t that many NFL fans round my way...

Name: Neil
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark, Sanders
Favourite ex-colts: Marvin, Edge, Stokley!
Fan since: 2003
Why you decided to support the Colts: Was a big NFL fan back in the 80's and 90's and Dan Elway was my favourite player, but lost interest after Elway retired. Then got back into it againt in the early 2000's. Always liked the Colts, and thought they played the best football - and have been a die hard fan ever since

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: No exactly original, but has but be the AFC Championship comeback. Best game ever.

Also love actual football (Leeds Utd), rugby (England), cricket (Kent), but I think on balance NFL is the best spectator sport.

Neil

britishcolt_1991 06.11.2009 11:33 AM

Name: Lewis Metcalfe
Favourite current Colts: Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clarke, Adam Vinatieri, Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney
Favourite ex-colts: Marvin Harrsion, Jonny Unitas and Edgerrin James
Fan since: 2002
Why you decided to support the Colts: Love their offense and style of play. A fab-tastic QB (Future Hall of Famer) and they have a good reputation.
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: It either has to be the AFC Championship Game against the Pats in '06 or when Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrsion broke the NFL record for most touchdowns by a quarterback-receiver tandem. And of course the Super Bowl XLI win against the Bears

Phatberry 09.11.2009 09:37 AM

Name: Colin
Job: CNC programmer
Favourite Colt: Regggggie Wayne (god has blessed him with super glue hands) and ofcourse PM.
Fan since: Ive just got into NFL, started trials for Merseyside Nighthawks, and have chosen the colts over 49ers and giants. Reason....I watched Peyton and Reggie work together, and just was in awe. Plus I adopted a humpback whale as a kid called COLT haha. Plus 06 was awesome!
Looking forward to hopefully many happy years with the Colts

DavidIndy 14.11.2009 09:03 PM

Is it okay for Americans to post in this thread?

Name: David
Job: Accountant
Favourite Colt: Peyton Manning
Fan since: 1984

It's really cool to find some Colt's fans in the U.K.! :cool:

I must admit in addition to being a Colt's fan, I'm also a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals. (Just as long as they are not playing the Colts, that is!) We didn't have an NFL team here in Indy before 1984, and Cincinnati was the closest NFL city to us. Also, both of my parents are from Cincinnati.

jamiemc88 23.11.2009 06:16 AM

Name: Jamie Mc

Favourite current Colts: Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday

Favourite ex-colts: Tarik Glenn, Marshall Faulk

Fan since: 1998

Why you decided to support the Colts: basically because of Marshall Faulk and just picked them, been great ever since

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: either winning the superbowl or going from a 3-13 season to a 13-3 season after drafting a certain Peyton Manning

IndianapolisBears 23.11.2009 09:16 AM

n00b here...

Name: Jon
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Saturday, Freeney
Why you decided to support the Colts: First full game i watched was Colts v Packers and it was a shootout under the dome lights with the Colts just nicking it. a friend was a Packers fan, so seemed only right to side against him.
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Manning lifting the Superbowl. It would be criminal if he never got a ring.

(you may be confused by my name - I am a colts fan, but also keep an eye out for the bears as i used to have some of their apparel as a kid).

Hollywood_87 24.11.2009 10:40 PM

hey all

Name: Jim
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Wayne, Clark, Bethea, Sanders, Freeney
Favourite ex-colts: Magical marvin, Edge
Fan Since: 2003
Why you decided to support the Colts: Got close American friends who are Colts fans, and they play in the same colour and associated with same animal as my soccer team (Gillingham)

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Hopefully next year when I get to watch a game at Lucas Oil when studying at IU.

hugh_rukz 01.12.2009 09:11 PM

Name: Hugh
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark, Addai and Sanders
Favourite ex-colts: Harrison and Edge
Why you decided to support the Colts: Well this is a rubbish reason i guess but i brought Madden and just loved the style of play the colts had. Could of easily been anyone else but also the players Harrison, Manning, James.
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Well its got to be winning the superbowl only watched about 100 times

EvilMonkey72 05.12.2009 04:25 PM

Name: Lee
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark,Collie,Addai
Favourite ex-colts: Not known many
Fan since: 2007
Why you decided to support the Colts: Usually stayed up to watch the superbowl as i wasnt an avid NFL fan and would just have a small bet with one of my former workmates which i only won when the colts won the superbowl and was the first time i got in to the sport as an avid fan
Favourite moment as a Colts fan:
winning the superbowl and last weeks afc championship win

the bush 15.12.2009 09:26 PM

go colts!

Name: Barry

Favourite current Colts: Manning, Wayne, Sanders, Brackett

Favourite ex-colts: Harrison, the edge

Why you decided to support the Colts: I watched the nfl as a kid but didn't have a team so I drifted more towards basketball. At the time reggie miller was at the top of his game with the pacers and then I heard about a young QB at the colts who really got me enjoying football and a lifelong fan was born!

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Cant ever beat winning the show or any time we beat the pats

indyhorse 30.12.2009 09:36 PM

Name: Brian

Favorite current Colts: Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, & Dwight Freeney

Favorite ex-Colt: Marvin Harrison

Fan since: 1984

Why you decided to support the Colts: When the Colts moved from Baltimore to my hometown in '84, I naturally had to support them. At that time, I was a Steelers fan (still am), but the hometown identity has grown on me and I support the Colts through good seasons & bad seasons. I also lived in San Diego for 6 years in the late '80s & early '90s. I enjoy the Chargers, too, but the Colts are my #1 team.

Favorite moment as a Colts fan: The "Manning Era"!

It's great to see all of the NFL fans over in the UK, especially Colts fans! Hopefully one day, the NFL will have expansion teams in the UK and have them fitted into the schedules.

SpireiteColt79 10.01.2010 09:54 PM

Name:JK
Ocupation:Business Manager
Fav current colts: Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark
Fav ex players:Mike Vanderjagt
Fan since:2001
Why the colts?:lived in Indy and a colleague from work used to take me to the RCA, hooked ever since
Favourite moment:My first game vs Jets, and getting a private tour of the Lucas Oil (even made it into the dressing rooms!!)

robnotbob1 15.01.2010 07:09 PM

Name: Rob

Favourite current Colts: Peyton Manning, Bill Polian

Favourite ex-colts: Jim Harbaugh, Tony Dungy, Edgerrin James, Jason Belser

Fan since: 1987

Why you decided to support the Colts: First NFL show I saw was on Hallowe'en 1987 and Channel Four showed a highlight reel of Eric Dickerson, who was the best RB in the game at the time and had just been traded to the Colts. I thought: he's great, I'll follow the Colts!

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Coming back to beat the Patriost in the AFC Championship in 2006.

OrangeKarma 19.01.2010 02:04 PM

Name: Bobby Inman

Favourite current Colts: Peyton Manning, Bob Sanders, Austin Collie, Reggie Wayne

Favourite ex-colts: Marvin Harrison, Cato June, Marshall Faulk

Fan since: 1998

Why I follow the Colts: I am originally from Tennessee and (like we all did) delighted in watching Peyton through his 4 years at UT. In 98 when he was drafted was also the year the Tennessee Titans were created. For the first 4 years it was acceptable to be both a Colts and Titans fan, but when the NFL realigned and they were put in the same division an instant in-state rivalry was born. The realignment was a master stroke by the league, as it ensured Manning would come back to play in Tennessee at least once a year. (This is the fastest sell-out game for the Titans EVERY year!!)

Favorite Colts Moment: Either the AFC Championship comeback, or the multi TD comeback on Monday night football when they came back with only a couple of minutes left!!

GO COLTS!!!

Ross91 20.01.2010 05:17 PM

Fave Current Colts: Manning, Wayne, Freeney, Saturday and Brackett
Fave ex-Colts: Harrison, Stokely, Dungy
Why Colts? Saw Manning play and thought he was awesome then realised the team wasn't so bad either :D
Fave moment: Has to be the 06 Champ game, the comeback against the Bucs in 03 was something though!

KillerKixx 22.01.2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross91 (Post 1079108)
Fave Current Colts: Manning, Wayne, Freeney, Saturday and Brackett
Fave ex-Colts: Harrison, Stokely, Dungy
Why Colts? Saw Manning play and thought he was awesome then realised the team wasn't so bad either :D
Fave moment: Has to be the 06 Champ game, the comeback against the Bucs in 03 was something though!

its a southern based colt! hallelujah

SimonLAylett 22.01.2010 05:32 AM

Name: Simon
Fave Current Colts: Manning (duh!) Saturday, Mathis & Freeney, Hayden (just for the SB Int)
Fave ex: Colts: Ben Utecht, Edge, Stokley, Dungy
Fave Colts Moment: Kelvin Hayden Interception in SBXLI
Why Colts?: I liked their style of play, the idea of no-huddle, Manning's ability.

coltscrazyfan 26.01.2010 06:20 PM

hi all,

name richard [colts fan]

age 40 (older git on here)

town hull

occupation railway

favourite ex colt jim harbaugh (you younger lads may not remember him)

favourite current colt dallas clark and of course number 18 !!!

been colts fan since 1986 chose them because they were,nt very good at the time and i wanted to back an underdog !!!

unitedtillidie 01.02.2010 07:57 PM

Name: John
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark, Freeney
Favourite ex-colts: Harrison, James
Why you decided to support the Colts: Me and my mates sat down and picked a team each, they are cowboys and bills fans. I chose the colts because of peytons amazing ability to read a defence and audible at the line. Coaching staff being together so long and total confidence in him making the right decisions set them apart from all other teams
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: The superbowl win in the rain @ miami, hopefully no rain this time around!!!

ScottishColt 26.07.2010 07:36 PM

Been a while since this thread has been posted in but hey-ho ;)

Name - Craig
Age - 16
Occupation - Student
Favourite Current Colts - Manning, Freeney, Addai, Wayne
Favourite ex-Colts - Harrison (Not old enough/been into the game long enough to appreciate the older generations!)
Fan Since - 2007
Why You Decided To Support The Colts - I couldn't get to sleep so went to the livingroom and my dad was watching the football. The colts were playing and I was amazed at how accurate Manning was and also how tactical the game was in general. I was hooked from then on.
Favourite Moment as a Colts Fan - Run to Super Bowl XLIV (not necessarily the game itself mind you...)

Mike Poleski 12.08.2010 02:59 AM

Name: Michael
Favourite current Colts: Manning/ Addai
Favourite ex-colts: Marvin Harrison
Fan since: 2006ish
Why you decided to support the Colts: First game I ever played on Madden was with the Colts, so it seems most logical.
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Winning the Super Bowl especially after the Bears start.

powys colt 01.09.2010 04:47 PM

Name: Darren

Favourite current Colts: Freeney and Saunders

Favourite ex-colts: Edge

Why you decided to support the Colts: Only part of America i have any connection with is Indiana.

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Watching the Colts at home against the Broncos, was everything i thought it would be and more

dimstar06 10.09.2010 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=unhygenix;990959]Well here's an original idea...

Name: Isaac
Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark, Freeney, T Gonzalez, Addai
Fan since: 2006
Why you decided to support the Colts: It was a toss up between the Bears and Colts when they faced off in the superbowl with the winning coach becoming the first black coach to win a super bowl in 2006!
Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Superbowl win in 06.. P MANNING RULES!

chuckdes 11.09.2010 12:19 PM

Birmingham Colts Fan

Any suggestions as to good places to watch the games in or near Birmingham?

Recently moved here, so this is my first season not in the US. How will I cope?

Fan since: 1984 (from the day the Mayflower moving trucks arrived in Indy). I was in grade school in Indy at that time.

Favourite current Colts: Manning, Dallas Clarke, Bob Sanders (when not hurt), Reggie Wayne and A. Gonzales.

Favourite ex-colts: Brandon Stokley and Mke Vanderjact (everyone loves a drunken kicker).

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Oct 31, 1986 Monday Night Football game against Denver I went to. Colts wiped up with the Broncos easily piling up points while all the fans dressed in MNF announcer mask handed out for Halloween. Oh, can't forget, last year's the NE Patriot game that Belichick made a stupid call as he had no faith in his defense and the Colts came back and won (a.k.a. the day the Patriots so called dynasty died). :D

Worse moment: Thinking how much I paid for a Super Bowl ticket last year to watch the Colts lose in the 4th quarter. But then, I guess I'm over it, as I’ll go again this year in Dallas when the Colts get there again.

Go Colts!

northernmonkey59 16.09.2010 02:27 PM

Yorkshire based Colts fan!

Name: John

Favourite current Colts: Manning, Clark, Garcon, Collie, Vinderteri, Saturday, Wayne

Favourite ex-colts: Edge, Dickerson (Colts '80s), June, Harrison, Unitas (one of the real first 'franchise' QB's in the NFL. Played for the Balitmore Colts from 1956-1972, took the team to two superbowls in '68 and '70. Was part of the 'Greatest Game ever played' in 1958 when the Colts beat the Giants in the first game to go into overtime)

Why you decided to support the Colts: Peyton freakin' Manning!

Favourite moment as a Colts fan: Superbowl XLI vs. Chicago in 2006. The AFC Championship Game that led to that superbowl comes a very close second.

Worst Moment as a Colts Fan: Superbowl XLIV vs. New Orleans. Worst birthday present ever!! lol

Phatberry 27.09.2010 12:16 PM

Name:Col
Ocupation:CNC Programmer/Future backpacker
Fav current colts:Manning,Collie,Saturday
Fav ex players:Harrison
Fan since:2008
Why the colts?:Col-Colts lol...plus they have the same colours as my beloved Everton and Cancuks.....its going to sound sad but as a little kid, i adopted a whale called 'colt'haha. Though i have a pull towards the 49ers too.
Favourite moment:bill belichick not tursting his defence against Manning resulting in WAYNNNEEEEE TOUCHDOWN!!!!