NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Cleveland Browns (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Few Questions (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=73059)

Blackburn6 19.10.2010 07:58 PM

Few Questions

Got a few questions from one of the few fans on here from the states. How often do you guys get a chance to see the brownies live on tv? Can you purchase something similar to an NFL package that would allow you to see multiple games live on TV every week? I've been to a few browns backers clubs when I've had to go out of town, do you guys have many similar groups over there? And do you guys take trips to the states to see the browns play? I've always wondered about this stuff in my hopes that the sport is spreading because of my love for the game.

OrangeHelmet 20.10.2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackburn6 (Post 1219002)
Got a few questions from one of the few fans on here from the states. How often do you guys get a chance to see the brownies live on tv? Can you purchase something similar to an NFL package that would allow you to see multiple games live on TV every week? I've been to a few browns backers clubs when I've had to go out of town, do you guys have many similar groups over there? And do you guys take trips to the states to see the browns play? I've always wondered about this stuff in my hopes that the sport is spreading because of my love for the game.

Firstly, welcome to the Browns UK forum.
1/Sky TV as excellent NFL coverage, and try to show all 32 teams at least once live, so far the Browns Have not been shown yet
2/Im not sure about NFL packages, but other members on here could answer that for you
3/I think there's at least one Browns Backers club in the UK
4/ Quite a few guys on here visit Cleveland regularly, I made may first visit to a Browns game this Year ( Kansas City Sept) hope to be able to afford to go again soon
The NFL as thousands of loyal / knowledgeable fans in the UK, I can only speak for myself and fellow Brownies on here , but we LOVE the Browns ,we've been through the Highs ( The AFC Championship games ) and the lows ( the Drive /the fumble.....Art modell !!!:mad:
Proper fans ..............Not glory-hunters!!!!!

Blackburn6 20.10.2010 06:46 PM

Appreciate all the answers and anyone sporting a Browns uni right now couldnt be a glory-hunter :p, I was born in 90' I didnt even get a chance to see the glory days first hand unfortunately.

On the note of that KC game, if a few questionable calls had gone our way I think you would've seen a win :confused:, so is life as a Browns fan though

If you guys make that crazy trip out here, give a shout, you got a beer on me :p

OrangeHelmet 20.10.2010 08:04 PM

Browns should have beaten KC that day , But i still enjoyed my trip to Cleveland
would love to go again sometime ( Maybe Browns will be play-off contenders by then;) )

bundesrat 21.10.2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Here some answer of a Swiss (not Sweden ;)) Browns Fan (sorry 4 my english!)

Live on TV ... Every Week 3 games Live and 4 games as Live (ESPN America)
I watch the Browns games on Livestreams or on ESPN America (perhabs 1 game on tv the rest LS ...)

We plan a Brownsbacker in Switzerland (www.dagwpound.ch). It's not easy to find Brownsfans in Switzerland ^^ At the moment we are 3 guys ...
We work on it!

In 2012 oder 2013 is a trip to cleveland planned! Until 2012 i cant plan a trip. School and work and no money ^^ After my school i travel to cleveland! :)

go_browns! 21.10.2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Hi mate and welcome ! I think Paul (Orangehelmet) answered most of your questions, but here's my input.

1 and 2 are pretty similar - As far as satellite goes - Sky show an early Sunday game and a late Sunday game and ESPN show games too. Sky also show a couple Total Access shows a week and one episode of America's Game a week. Then there's Channel 4 (terrestrial tv), they show a game too. As you can expect the Browns aren't a favourite with schedulers so the chances of seeing them without owning game pass are pretty slim :( Personally I subscribe to the audio pass which is a great experience, not actually being able to see what's going on hightens the tension !! :)

As Paul said there is at least one registered Browns Backers club here in the UK, there a probably a few other unregistered ones too. I am an admin on the Facebook UK Browns Backers group (check it out if you're on Facebook).

As far as trips are concerned, the cost involved is obviously a major factor, but it's most UK based NFL fans goal to get to as many games as possible. Personally I'd love to go to a game, it'd be like a dream come true, and not just to go to Cleveland but the US in general. By the way, I'll hold you to that beer !! :p

I hope this helps ? :)

leebladedawg 21.10.2010 06:14 PM

Hey Blackburn6. I get to watch all the Browns games as i subscribe to our version of Direct which i think is your version, its called Gamepass and it costs around $200 a year but its worth it despite our record. Im a member of the Bay Area Browns Backers Worldwide No 297755 and we have quite a few Brits who try and meet up in London and watch games in a Sports bar. I also have cable and try and watch as much Buckeyes football if they are shown lol. I have been over to your country every year for the last 10 years, have been very lucky. I have been to Cleveland 4 times and NY and Pittsburgh to see the Browns, I have also managed to get to The Horseshoe once which was amazing.

As others have posted the Sports been big over here for over 25 years and is getting bigger, almost so that you have serious talk about London maybe having a franchise one day which i would be against but there are many who would be for it :D

leebladedawg 21.10.2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_browns! (Post 1220004)
Hi mate and welcome ! I think Paul (Orangehelmet) answered most of your questions, but here's my input.

1 and 2 are pretty similar - As far as satellite goes - Sky show an early Sunday game and a late Sunday game and ESPN show games too. Sky also show a couple Total Access shows a week and one episode of America's Game a week. Then there's Channel 4 (terrestrial tv), they show a game too. As you can expect the Browns aren't a favourite with schedulers so the chances of seeing them without owning game pass are pretty slim :( Personally I subscribe to the audio pass which is a great experience, not actually being able to see what's going on hightens the tension !! :)

As Paul said there is at least one registered Browns Backers club here in the UK, there a probably a few other unregistered ones too. I am an admin on the Facebook UK Browns Backers group (check it out if you're on Facebook).

As far as trips are concerned, the cost involved is obviously a major factor, but it's most UK based NFL fans goal to get to as many games as possible. Personally I'd love to go to a game, it'd be like a dream come true, and not just to go to Cleveland but the US in general. By the way, I'll hold you to that beer !! :p

I hope this helps ? :)

Hey mate i think i will be joining the Facebook group, never knew there was one

bundesrat 21.10.2010 07:41 PM

joined too ;)

go_browns! 21.10.2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leebladedawg (Post 1220306)
Hey mate i think i will be joining the Facebook group, never knew there was one

Here's the link in case anyone else wants to join (posted in The Dawg Pound too) https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=6914722835