NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Cleveland Browns (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Josh McDaniels may be new OC (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=75907)

leebladedawg 02.01.2011 12:31 PM

Josh McDaniels may be new OC

The latest rumours coming out of Cleveland is that Eric may be kept and Josh comes in as OC to help Colt progress, whats everyones thoughts :D

OrangeHelmet 02.01.2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leebladedawg (Post 1284099)
The latest rumours coming out of Cleveland is that Eric may be kept and Josh comes in as OC to help Colt progress, whats everyones thoughts :D

I dont want him anywhere near Cleveland!!....................he made some crazy decisions at Denver.....trading Cutler for Orton , trading Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins , and (Amazingly) Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn :eek:......Josh Mcdaniels????.....No Thanx!

leebladedawg 02.01.2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet (Post 1284240)
I dont want him anywhere near Cleveland!!....................he made some crazy decisions at Denver.....trading Cutler for Orton , trading Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins , and (Amazingly) Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn :eek:......Josh Mcdaniels????.....No Thanx!

Thankfully he wont have any power to trade anyone etc, he will be simply asked to work with what he is given though he may still decide not to play Hillis

go_browns! 02.01.2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet (Post 1284240)

Judging by this, I agree !! :(

Bullet Bill 02.01.2011 04:58 PM

Might be a good idea, despite what he did to Denver as a team, their passing offence has been much improved this year and that's with Kyle Orton throwing the ball.

He has a good history as an OC although he has always been in pass heavy offences (New England and Denver) which is not really what Cleveland is set out to be at this point.

I don't think McDaniels has a problem with Hillis particularly, I think he got preoccupied with trying to make Knowshon Moreno into an elite RB and with Buckhalter behind Moreno being effective as a 3rd down back Hillis was left out in the cold without being given a shot.

OrangeHelmet 07.01.2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leebladedawg (Post 1284340)
Thankfully he wont have any power to trade anyone etc, he will be simply asked to work with what he is given though he may still decide not to play Hillis

I know he wont have the power to trade anyone.....its his inability to judge talent that worries me !!

Goodfry 14.01.2011 11:50 PM

Heard you guys are about to hire Dick Jauron as your DC. Plays that bend don't break defence and his best positive is he knows how to use DBs. Not a great footballing mind or a passionate one but i am sure he will come cheap :).

Probably would confirm you guys switching back to the 4-3. Jauron is strictly a Tampa 2 guy.

Bullet Bill 15.01.2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodfry (Post 1297110)
Heard you guys are about to hire Dick Jauron as your DC. Plays that bend don't break defence and is best positive is he knows how to use DBs. Not a great footballing mind or a passionate one but i am sure he will come cheap :).

Probably would confirm you guys switching back to the 4-3. Jauron is strictly a Tampa 2 guy.

I wont be happy, it would be great for the Eagles to keep him for another year as the DB coach to continue to help Lindley and any other CB's we may end up drafting, not to mention Coleman and Allen :(

Saying that, another 4-3 team would be good!

leebladedawg 15.01.2011 06:33 PM

I have been wanting us to switch to 4-3 now for years, i thought we should have gone 4-3 when Mike walked in but we kept 3-4. :D