NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Seattle Seahawks (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Seattle Seahawks Thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=5504)

KingdomeUK 20.04.2005 07:38 PM

Seattle Seahawks Thread

As even the Saints have their own thread I figured its about time we had one as well.

I've posted elsewhere that Saints WR Jerome Pathon has allegedly signed for us.

Anyone writing Chad Browns Seahawk epitaph may be a little premature. Ruskell has said: " A deal is not dead in the water"

Rumours of Koren Robinsons imminent release are also rife but then thats been going on for a while now.

duggay 20.04.2005 08:08 PM

Re:Seattle Seahawks Thread

Jerome Pathon would be a good signing - he's really really fast.

MadPacker 20.04.2005 08:14 PM

[quote author=KingdomeUK link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg208422 date=1114025923]
As even the Saints have their own thread I figured its about time we had one as well.

I've posted elsewhere that Saints WR Jerome Pathon has allegedly signed for us.

Anyone writing Chad Browns Seahawk epitaph may be a little premature. Ruskell has said: " A deal is not dead in the water"

Rumours of Koren Robinsons imminent release are also rife but then thats been going on for a while now.
[/quote]

Where's the saints thread? i haven't seen it around,

Culpepper2Moss 20.04.2005 08:19 PM

[quote author=KingdomeUK link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg208422 date=1114025923]
As even the Saints have their own thread
[/quote]

Did you try reading it ;D

duggay 20.04.2005 08:22 PM

[quote author=Anna Rexior(C2M) link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg208457 date=1114028397]
As even the Saints have their own thread
[/quote]

Did you try reading it ;D
[/quote]

It was a joke 8)

KingdomeUK 21.04.2005 06:29 AM

Now the hot rumour is we've offered a contract to CB Andre Dyson.

Can anyone help on this one?

Woolley_Man 21.04.2005 10:30 AM

i've heard he is to decide between the jets,titans and seahawks by Saturday.

ukhawk 21.04.2005 10:59 AM

[quote author=Stark Nova Scotia(duggay) link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg208452 date=1114027734]

[/quote]

Agreed - he can also catch which will be a bonus ;)

KingdomeUK 21.04.2005 11:44 AM

[quote author=ukhawk link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg208713 date=1114081169]
[quote author=Stark Nova Scotia(duggay) link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg208452 date=1114027734]

[/quote]

[/quote]

unlike another WR we could mention ::)

KingdomeUK 21.04.2005 05:01 PM

[quote author=ukhawk link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg208713 date=1114081169]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Signing now Official on seahawks.com

KingdomeUK 22.04.2005 06:15 AM

Seahawks | Brown Released - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:47:56 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have released LB Chad Brown.

sniff!

Stockers 22.04.2005 07:43 AM

You've also signed Andre Dyson, I assume you already knew, but there's the news anyway.

KingdomeUK 22.04.2005 08:59 AM

[quote author=Stockers - Robb Sierra Leone link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg209380 date=1114155823]
You've also signed Andre Dyson, I assume you already knew, but there's the news anyway.
[/quote]

It was unofficial yesterday but now confirmed. Good depth to the Secondary, handy when you play the Rams twice a season.

Stockers 22.04.2005 09:04 AM

And the Crads, don't sleep on them this year. Though having said that I still don't really trust that OL to protect the statue that is Kurt Warner.

Lock & Load 22.04.2005 11:07 AM

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Seattle Seahawks have reached a five-year, $17.5 million contract agreement with free agent CB Andre Dyson (Titans) that includes a signing bonus of $3 million and a total of about $6 million in guarantees. ;)

IndyUK 22.04.2005 07:32 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

He has improved since he was in Indy as he really sucked big time a few years ago.

Go UL Vikings 23.04.2005 12:29 AM

[quote author=Dirty Harry link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg209432 date=1114168037]
ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Seattle Seahawks have reached a five-year, $17.5 million contract agreement with free agent CB Andre Dyson (Titans) that includes a signing bonus of $3 million and a total of about $6 million in guarantees. ;)
[/quote]

We're still gonna whup you this season! ;D Trufant can't handle Isaac Bruce! It should be interesting though. I wonder if Jamie Sharper and co. will be able to handle Steven Jackson, and if Claiborne and Coakley make any difference in helping to stop Shaun Alexander running all over us again. I can't wait until we meet next season. They should be good games.

KingdomeUK 23.04.2005 06:31 AM

[quote author=Rams Fan link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=15#msg209808 date=1114216172]
[quote author=Dirty Harry link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=0#msg209432 date=1114168037]
[/quote]

We're still gonna whup you this season! ;D Trufant can't handle Isaac Bruce! It should be interesting though. I wonder if Jamie Sharper and co. will be able to handle Steven Jackson, and if Claiborne and Coakley make any difference in helping to stop Shaun Alexander running all over us again. I can't wait until we meet next season. They should be good games.
[/quote]

If we can get a decent pass rush it'll make all the difference.

KingdomeUK 03.05.2005 11:56 AM

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...52_hawk03.html

Notebook: Sharper penciled in at outside 'backer

By José Miguel Romero Seattle Times staff reporter

Jamie Sharper probably will start at outside linebacker for the Seahawks.

KIRKLAND — Barring anything "dramatic" happening among the Seahawks' large group of linebackers, Jamie Sharper is going to start at outside linebacker when the season begins.

So said coach Mike Holmgren. Sharper, the most high-profile free agent the Seahawks signed this offseason, came over from the Houston Texans with the ability to play both inside and outside. His starting spot is one of few that are secure on the Seahawks' defense.

Beyond Sharper, the other outside linebacker and middle linebacker spots are up for grabs, with 10 other players expected to compete for spots in fierce training-camp competition.

Fourth-year player D.D. Lewis, originally an undrafted free agent, and second-year player Niko Koutouvides are holding down the two open starting positions for now. Lewis is an outside linebacker.

But the Seahawks signed Kevin Bentley from Cleveland in free agency to compete for a starting job. They drafted Lofa Tatupu in the second round with the idea that he will battle Koutouvides at middle linebacker. Isaiah Kacyvenski and Tracy White have plenty of experience, and Solomon Bates started three games in 2004. LeRoy Hill is a third-round pick this year who, based on draft position, stands a better chance of making the team than seventh-round pick Cornelius Wortham.

"That will be one of the stories of training camp, I think. Just how that comes down," Holmgren said of the linebacker situation. "You have guys we had last year who played a lot — Koutouvides, Kacyvenski and those guys, who can play. We drafted a couple guys, we signed Jamie, we signed Bentley. It's an interesting group. So what we are going to do is just throw the ball out there and let them compete and see who emerges, really."

When the rookies were practicing with the team last weekend, the second unit consisted of Tatupu in the middle and Kacyvenski and Hill on the outside. White and Bentley were with the third group, with Wortham in the middle.

But those combinations could change by the next minicamp in June, when the rookies return. In the end, the team will probably keep no more than seven linebackers when the roster is set in early September.

Fisher to practice?

Defensive end Bryce Fisher, a Renton native who enters his fifth NFL season, could start doing some work on the field today.

Fisher, a former St. Louis Ram signed by the Seahawks in March, played on a sprained ankle last season and opted for surgery before joining the Seahawks. He said he will definitely be back at full strength for the team's June minicamp.

Fisher is being counted on to fill the pass-rushing void left by the departure of Chike Okeafor, who signed with the Arizona Cardinals.

Notes

• Of the 12 Seahawks who did not practice yesterday, the first day of the voluntary veterans camp, WR Darrell Jackson and TE Itula Mili were the only ones absent for reasons not pertaining to injury, a honeymoon or a contract situation.

• Defensive tackle Rocky Bernard is practicing, though he is the Seahawks' only restricted free agent who has not signed his one-year tender. Bernard signed a medical-clearance waiver to participate.

• SS Terreal Bierria made his minicamp debut yesterday. He was away from the team to attend a funeral last weekend.

• The Seahawks signed S Junior Rosegreen, an undrafted free agent from Auburn, after his extended tryout over the weekend.

• After practice today, the Seahawks will attend a private advance screening of "The Longest Yard," a soon-to-be-released remake of the 1974 movie.

José Miguel Romero: 206-464-2409 or jromero@seattletimes.com

Copyright © 2005 The Seattle Times Company

KingdomeUK 05.05.2005 06:16 PM

Matt Hasselbeck has openly criticised both Darrell Jackson & Itula Mili for not attending the voluntary part of Mini Camp.

KRob made it to both mandatory & voluntary parts of the camp.

KingdomeUK 19.05.2005 07:27 AM

It is alleged that Koren Robinson has violated team rules (again!) & looks set to be cut in June.

If this is correct then its no real surprise to me. ::)

KingdomeUK 06.06.2005 05:11 PM

ESPN link

The Seahawks reached a one-year, $565,000 agreement with former Bucs safety John Howell. Included in the deal is a $25,000 signing bonus.

Howell had actually agreed to come to the Seahawks more than a week ago, but he couldn't do anything because the Seahawks were up against the salary cap and couldn't give him a formal contract. Once the Seahawks cut cornerback Bobby Taylor and wide receiver Koren Robinson last Thursday, the Seahawks had the room to make Howell a formal offer, which he accepted over the weekend.

Howell is a good fit for the Seahawks, who were in need of a free safety with good range and decent coverage skills. He was a fourth-round pick of the Bucs in 2001. He started one game each of his first two seasons. Last year, he had six starts for the Bucs.

Current Seahawks general manager Tim Ruskell knows Howell from his days in Tampa Bay.

-- ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton

KingdomeUK 27.06.2005 08:19 PM

If Peter Boulware is going to sign for anyone hes going to have to drop his Salary demands from the estimated $3 to 4 Million to approx $1.5 if the Hawks are going to sign him. Hes not able to run full speed until mid July so expect this to run for a while yet.

KingdomeUK 31.07.2005 03:22 PM

Our Franchise player is in Camp for the first time in 4 years! :o

Just Chris Spencer & Lofa Tatupu remain as unsigned but judging by Jeff Reinebolds appearance at Camp they just have to tie up some loose ends.

Cedric Woodard, Ken Hamlin & Alex Bannister are all currently injured but all are set to be available for September 11.

KingdomeUK 01.08.2005 08:27 PM

Just Spencer unsigned now, our Contracts guy can put up his feet & observe goings on at Camp 8)

KingdomeUK 15.08.2005 11:36 AM

34 -15 victory over New Orleans was satisfactory. Chuck Darby & Marcus Tubbs started at DT & raised havoc. V good Defenesive display but I'm not getting too carried away. Good start lets see how we do against Dallas.

imported_BigFishyBob 15.08.2005 12:48 PM

"The fresh defensive tackle duo of Marcus Tubbs and Chuck Darby dominated the middle, defensive ends Grant Wistrom and Bryce Fisher got great push from the outside, and the Saints offense never got a first down when that group was in the game"

That's more like it! :P

DEANOTHESEAHAWK 15.08.2005 01:57 PM

[quote author=KingdomeUK link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=15#msg263871 date=1122928044]
Just Spencer unsigned now, our Contracts guy can put up his feet & observe goings on at Camp 8)
[/quote]

Yeah agreed!!! The squad looks good this year, especially the D. Very optimistic about this season!!!

As long as we beat the Falcons at home thats the most important game for me in the regular season!!! ;) ;)

Dream17 15.08.2005 03:56 PM

Hope our recievers put up big numbers now that i've got them in the fantasy football..Matt are we likely to meet up with the Lambs fans when we go up town to watch any of the games? ;D ;D ;D

imported_BigFishyBob 15.08.2005 09:21 PM

Are Lamb fans allowed out after dark?

noggs 15.08.2005 10:07 PM

Of course Dan someones gotta collect peoples rubbish at 4 am ;D

KingdomeUK 15.08.2005 10:11 PM

[quote author=Dream17 link=board=1;threadid=10041;start=15#msg271077 date=1124121382]
Hope our recievers put up big numbers now that i've got them in the fantasy football..Matt are we likely to meet up with the Lambs fans when we go up town to watch any of the games? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

There was one in Bodeans the last time we were there. Suffice to say he was keeping a low profile.

As for after dark. Their medication can last up to two weeks now so if they go missing for a little while then its not a big problem ;)

Blueboy 16.08.2005 02:50 PM

Just thought i would bump this back to the top!!

Not posted on here for a while, so come on Seahawk fans, where are you!

ukhawk 17.08.2005 11:42 AM

So are you guys feeling confident about the forthcoming season. I can definitely feel my excitmement building.

Two questions:

Do we need to bring in an experienced QB to back up Matt?
Who will be our starting receivers - the competition seems pretty fierce

Blueboy 17.08.2005 04:29 PM

Not sure about the WR's at the moment. But as for the back up QB we should leave it to S Wallace, he looks good to go imo.

imported_BigFishyBob 17.08.2005 10:38 PM

I'm with Bluey on the QB situation - from training camp and the first pre-season game Wallace looks to be making all the right moves. He's damn quick on his feet as well which always makes it interesting and gives linebackers a headache! :P

ukhawk 18.08.2005 08:25 AM

Yeah I tend to agree - Wallace seems to be doing every thing right so far and has probably earned his chance.

DEANOTHESEAHAWK 18.08.2005 08:56 AM

Agree with all the above Wallace is looking the part!!! there is still that nagging question though whether the WR's can leave there butter in the fridge and catch a few footballs this season!!

KingdomeUK 18.08.2005 11:21 AM

Apparently Alexander staying beyond 2005 is not a foregone conclusion:

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/05/...exander001.cfm

ukhawk 18.08.2005 02:26 PM

Read this article on the Hawksnest site - very inetersting. Sean Is definitely not feeling loved at the moment