NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic - Entertainment/News (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Politics (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=49460)

mande!LA 26.03.2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleLion (Post 1119209)
Do not insinuate, words mean things, read my comments, don't be quick making yours, just to seem correct or knowledgable in the discussion.

Of course words mean things. Asking 'how many people in britain think about 9/11 everyday?' as a rhetorical question insinuates that not many British people care about 9/11. You pressumed this to be the case and when I pointed out that people do care, you went off on a tangent.

Why would the speed of my reply have any effect on whether I seem knowledgable? I read each comment as it comes, regardless of how quick it is posted and react to it accordingly. I don't claim to be a source of knowledge at all and once again it is you presuming that because I reply quickly, I want to seem like a 'know-it-all'

bellinter1 26.03.2010 08:07 PM

Don't know if this has been posted before but some great interviews at one of the DC Tea Party

PurpleLion 26.03.2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mande!LA (Post 1119214)
Of course words mean things. Asking 'how many people in britain think about 9/11 everyday?' as a rhetorical question insinuates that not many British people care about 9/11. You pressumed this to be the case and when I pointed out that people do care, you went off on a tangent. Why would the speed of my reply have any effect on whether I seem knowledgable? I read each comment as it comes, regardless of how quick it is posted and react to it accordingly. I don't claim to be a source of knowledge at all and once again it is you presuming that because I reply quickly, I want to seem like a 'know-it-all'

Fair enough to your comments, give me your opinion why some of the British might care about that event if there wouldn't have been any deaths of their people.

leebladedawg 26.03.2010 08:44 PM

Purple you can backtrack all you want but you implied on many occasions that we didnt care as much about 9/11, i will remind you of the many Brits who have died to protect the liberty of your country you care so much about

PurpleLion 26.03.2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leebladedawg (Post 1119247)
Purple you can backtrack all you want but you implied on many occasions that we didnt care as much about 9/11, i will remind you of the many Brits who have died to protect the liberty of your country you care so much about

It's very much similar to Mountbattens boat.

mande!LA 27.03.2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleLion (Post 1119226)
Fair enough to your comments, give me your opinion why some of the British might care about that event if there wouldn't have been any deaths of their people.

General atrocities gain sympathy. Robert Mugabe's regime gained an awful lot of sympathy from people in Britain as we understood the hardships they faced in their everyday lives. If 9/11 consisted solely of American deaths, we would still feel they were terribly unjust. Innocent civilians being murdered should and always will gain sympathy from others. That is the reason why I will always remember 9/11.

PurpleLion 27.03.2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mande!LA (Post 1119317)
General atrocities gain sympathy. Robert Mugabe's regime gained an awful lot of sympathy from people in Britain as we understood the hardships they faced in their everyday lives. If 9/11 consisted solely of American deaths, we would still feel they were terribly unjust. Innocent civilians being murdered should and always will gain sympathy from others. That is the reason why I will always remember 9/11.

You bio says that you are seventeen, that's quite young to empathise about people half a world away for something of which many American people only think about in september.

Vincent 27.03.2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleLion (Post 1119323)
You bio says that you are seventeen, that's quite young to emphasize with people half a world away for something of which many American people only think about in september.

I'm 28 does that make you feel better about the way we feel? Jeez

PurpleLion 27.03.2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrvincent1 (Post 1119324)
I'm 28 does that make you feel better about the way we feel? Jeez

It was not something negative, the best comparison is with Mountbattens boat.

towen5 27.03.2010 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrvincent1 (Post 1119324)
I'm 28 does that make you feel better about the way we feel? Jeez

Im 21, lets see if we can get every age group to satisfy PL that British people do remember the biggest news story of the last decade and have 1 and 2 minutes silence every year...:rolleyes:


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 05:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.