NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Chargers (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Contract status (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=63363)

Dave_R 06.03.2010 12:33 PM

Contract status
 
CONTRACT STATUS (red = IR)

Through 2016
WR - Keenan Allen
CB - Derek Cox
K - Nick Novak
P - Mike Scifres
QB - Brad Sorenson
LB - Manti T'eo
CB - Steve Williams
LB - Tourek Williams
LS - Mike Windt

Through 2015
WR - Malcom Floyd
TE - Antonio Gates
TE - Ladarius Green
LB - Melvin Ingram (option of additional 1 year)
LB - Jarret Johnson
WR - Robert Meachem
C - David Molk
TE - John Phillips
DE - Kendall Reyes
QB - Philip Rivers
S - Brandon Taylor
OG - Johnnie Troutman
TE - Dallas Walker
S - Eric Weddle

Through 2014
RB - Edwin Baker (ERFA)
WR - Vincent Brown
S - Sean Cattouse (ERFA)
OT - Jeromey Clary
WR - Dan De Palma
LB - Phillip Dillard (RFA)
OT - King Dunlap
OLB - Dwight Freeney
LB - Andrew Gachkar
CB - Greg Gatson (RFA)
CB - Marcus Gilchrist
C - Nick Hardwick
DT - Logan Harrell (ERFA)
OT - Mike Harris (RFA)
DE - Corey Liuget
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - LeRon McClain
LB - Jonas Mouton
WR - Eddie Royal
DE - Damik Scafe (ERFA)
LB - DJ Smith
WR - Mike Willie (ERFA)
RB - Danny Woodhead
CB - Shareece Wright

Through 2013
WR - Danario Alexander
C - Colin Baxter (RFA)
LB - Bront Bird
CB - Cornelius Brown
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Deon Butler
ILB - Donald Butler
OLB - Larry English
WR - Richard Goodman (RFA)
FB - Chris Gronkowski
LS - Kyle Nelson (ERFA)
OG - Rich Ohrnberger
OG - Chad Rhinehart
OG - Stephen Schilling (RFA)
OT - Max Starks
S - Darrell Stuckey
DT - Cam Thomas
QB - Charlie Whitehurst
RB - Fozzy Whittaker
DE - Jarius Winn

Unrestricted
WR - Seyi Ajirotutu
OLB - Antwan Barnes - signed with NYJ
RB - Jackie Battle
RB - Curtis Brinkley
CB - Chris Carr
CB – Antoine Cason - signed with ARI
OT - Brandon Dombrowski
NT - Aubrayo Franklin - signed with IND
OG - Tyronne Greene
LB - Gary Guyton
OG - Rex Hadnot
CB - Quentin Jammer - signed with DEN
S - Corey Lynch
DE - Vaughn Martin - signed with MIA
OLB - Shaun Phillips - signed with DEN
TE - Dante Rosario
WR - Michael Spurlock
OG - Louis Vasquez - signed with DEN
OT - Reggie Wells
LB - Demorrio Williams

Dave_R 06.03.2010 12:35 PM

Ripped this off the SD-UT web site and thought it would be worth to put any signings or cuts in here and I can keep the first post up to date. Hopefully this should mean that in future its easy to see exactly who is signed till when

vixbolts 18.03.2010 09:44 AM

So what movement have we had on this list so far?

Cromartie, Whitehurst gone

Ian Scott (1 year) & Donald Strickland (2 years) added... any more?

CALkulon 18.03.2010 12:41 PM

Marcus Mason - 2 years? Although don't be surprised if he gets dropped after training camp...

Dave_R 18.03.2010 01:12 PM

All updated :)

Dave_R 18.03.2010 07:02 PM

Just a thought looking at that - I hope we get a QB we like later on to develop as Volek is up next off-season.

CALkulon 18.03.2010 11:38 PM

No doubt it'll happen. Good thing is (much like Whitehurst) we can afford to wait and go with someone who has raw talent that needs refining and therefore will drop down.

mw17 25.03.2010 01:19 AM

You might hate this but rumours about the Chargers and Tebow in a lower round if he slips that far.
Personally, Jevan Snead from mississippi looks to have potential.

oglalakev 25.03.2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mw17 (Post 1118574)
You might hate this but rumours about the Chargers and Tebow in a lower round if he slips that far.
Personally, Jevan Snead from mississippi looks to have potential.

I would be happy if we took Tebow in a later round and we would be the sort of team that he needs to be drafted by. We have such a strong QB that there will be zero clamour for him to get on the field any time soon so he will have lots of time to get those mechanics right, to get his footwork right and in 3-4 years time if he looks good in preseason we can trade him for a good pick and he will have a real shot at succeeding, he won't drop far enough for us to consider it though.

CALkulon 25.03.2010 10:16 AM

oglalakev is exactly right, it wouldn't be a terrible pick if we've addressed our other needs by then, but he won't drop that far. I'm expecting him to be gone by end of round 2, someone will get edgy and pull the trigger.

Dave_R 21.04.2010 05:51 PM

Updated to reflect tenders that have been signed

vixbolts 22.04.2010 10:17 AM

That list for next year is just getting longer...

I don't mean to be a pain, but any chance of putting what position they all play into the list? I'm sure I know most of them, but it'd just be handy for a quick reference. :)

Dave_R 23.04.2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixbolts (Post 1128465)
That list for next year is just getting longer...

I don't mean to be a pain, but any chance of putting what position they all play into the list? I'm sure I know most of them, but it'd just be handy for a quick reference. :)

No worries, updated. Couldn't decide on the positions for Gregory or Bingham

chargermad#1 04.05.2010 04:00 PM

The people that expire at the end of 2010 is getting longer as we get closer. We need to sort that out now - either through new signings (HIGH QUALITY ONES) or contract extensions.

oglalakev 04.05.2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargermad#1 (Post 1136583)
The people that expire at the end of 2010 is getting longer as we get closer. We need to sort that out now - either through new signings (HIGH QUALITY ONES) or contract extensions.

No new signings are forthcoming, free agency isn't really our thing in any case but this years best guys are gone already. As for new contracts we will ideally get some guys sorted before the next offseason but there may be problems in an uncapped year as I think we can only offer a 30% salary increase, generally the guys we need to negotiate with are coming off rookie deals and will want decent contracts so it may be problematic right now.

R2G 04.05.2010 07:14 PM

Hopefully we can get O'Neil, VJ and Merriman all signed quickly as we don't need distractions going into the main part of Minicamps etc. I would also hope that Merriman can find the form before he was injured as we could use him honestly.

oglalakev 05.05.2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2G (Post 1136642)
Hopefully we can get O'Neil, VJ and Merriman all signed quickly as we don't need distractions going into the main part of Minicamps etc. I would also hope that Merriman can find the form before he was injured as we could use him honestly.

It's not likely we will sign all three, VJ is pretty likely to get a contract unless he messes up off the field yet again, McNeill and the Chargers appear to have different opinions on his value though it's likely an agreement will be reached eventually. We don't seem that interested in signing Merriman to an extension, I don't think we want to lose him for nothing next offseason but a new deal seems very unlikely. I personally think Gates should be our priority, then deciding whether we offer VJ a big deal (provided we can under the 30% rule I made reference to in a previous post.
This 30% rule is an issue as a player cannot be offered a contract that increases his base salary by more than 30% in it's first year, thats not a big issue if the player in question is coming off a decent deal but for guys on their rookie deals and particularly later round picks thats makes it very hard to get a new deal done. For example should Clary pick up his form at RT from this season and have a good year then he should be inline for a much improved deal and getting it done before a new CBA is in place would be difficult.
Thankfully a few of the guys out of contract this season are eligible for restricted tags next year, players like Weddle, Naanee, Siler and Tolbert can be tagged for another year.

UrbanLegend 05.05.2010 02:43 PM

So help me understand this

your saying that you can only offer a 30% increase in wages in the 1st year of a new contract. Is that in general or just when there isnt a CBA

So then what happens at the end of this season when they become free agents? offer them deals and hope they sign with us or face loosing them?

If a new CBA is inplace before the end of this season can we then offer new contracts with over a 30% increase?

UrbanLegend 05.05.2010 02:53 PM

a couple of articles explaining it

http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/5/3...e-and-a-vernon

and

http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2009/03...cent-rule.html


first one is a 49ers article but can relate to us

oglalakev 05.05.2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend (Post 1136811)
So help me understand this

your saying that you can only offer a 30% increase in wages in the 1st year of a new contract. Is that in general or just when there isnt a CBA

So then what happens at the end of this season when they become free agents? offer them deals and hope they sign with us or face loosing them?

If a new CBA is inplace before the end of this season can we then offer new contracts with over a 30% increase?

As the articles you found say it's to do with the end of the old CBA rather than this being an uncapped year. If a new CBA is agreed it presumably ends the issue, if it isn't then the NFL is in more than enough trouble that whether guys are or aren't free agents becomes sort of a non-issue.

R2G 05.05.2010 10:31 PM

Yea Gates is for sure the big target that we have to keep, but I still feel that we should give VJ a decent amount of money even if they had to put clauses into the contract. Unfortunately with Merriman I don't think he will be the player of 05-07 which is a shame as he could of been one hell of a player.

An I don't see the there being an uncapped season in 2011, I think that players will have had enough an get the Players association to get a deal done

oglalakev 06.05.2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2G (Post 1136896)
Yea Gates is for sure the big target that we have to keep, but I still feel that we should give VJ a decent amount of money even if they had to put clauses into the contract. Unfortunately with Merriman I don't think he will be the player of 05-07 which is a shame as he could of been one hell of a player.

An I don't see the there being an uncapped season in 2011, I think that players will have had enough an get the Players association to get a deal done

I'm more concerned about the owners in this issue, media reports make it seem like they are the ones making negotiations difficult so far.

R2G 07.05.2010 11:39 AM

Oh ok I was told it was the players association stalling but after reading up you are correct. I hope that we can then get something sorted soon as I lockout in 2011 would suck.

Dave_R 02.06.2010 10:11 PM

Crompton has signed - this is very early, good to get him signed to let him concentrate on learning

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/02/char...d-qb-crompton/

I've also updated to reflect that Johnson has signed his tender

CALkulon 04.06.2010 01:24 AM

You can add TE Randy McMichael to the list, 1 year deal.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...a-fea8e218c871

Isn't looking great for Epps.

oglalakev 04.06.2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CALkulon (Post 1142155)
You can add TE Randy McMichael to the list, 1 year deal.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...a-fea8e218c871

Isn't looking great for Epps.

McMichaels isn't very good though.

Dave_R 25.06.2010 09:46 AM

Stuckey and Epps have signed. I'll be shocked if Stuckey doesn't feature heavily in the rotation this year

CALkulon 25.06.2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramezes (Post 1145654)
I'll be shocked if Stuckey doesn't feature heavily in the rotation this year

It's a given at the moment, only SS we have are him and Gregory!

Dave_R 25.06.2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CALkulon (Post 1145669)
It's a given at the moment, only SS we have are him and Gregory!

I actually meant both safety spots seeing as they are so similar in our scheme (except when Ellison was playing near the line last year to utilise his skill set). I'd expect Weddle, Gregory, Stuckey and Oliver to jump between saftey positions (and possibly to the slot at times) as and when required. It'll be interesting to see what role Spillman plays this year

Andyf 25.06.2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramezes (Post 1145697)
I actually meant both safety spots seeing as they are so similar in our scheme (except when Ellison was playing near the line last year to utilise his skill set).

Breaking from topic a bit here, but (at the risk of sounding grossly ignorant), I was hoping you could explain this last statement a bit?

In SD's scheme how does the D-back situation change from a 'traditional' SS method? Who tends to pick up the Tight end? Do both the safeties tend to drop back in to a cover-2 deep coverage, with man coverage underneath?

While I'm at it, another thing I noticed last year in the few SD games I got to see, was that in the Williams-less D line, we tended to present a much more '4 man front' looking line up, albeit with the Defensive ends still poking at the 5 gaps. Most of the time, it looked like a 4-3. Is this a kind of '3-4, 4-3' hybrid to make up for a slightly less hench NT, or just playing around, showing pass rush with the OLBs like you normally would in a 3-4?

Certainly in the 'hail mary', dime back kind of situations, there always seemed to be a simple 4 man front and everyone else dropping back in coverage. Is this just leaving a linebacker there, and retaining the essential '3-4'-ness of the positioning?

Sorry for the ignorant questions, I always find it a lot harder to work out what is going on on the defensive side of the ball, it always looks chaotic.

Joe91 25.06.2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyf (Post 1145718)
Breaking from topic a bit here, but (at the risk of sounding grossly ignorant), I was hoping you could explain this last statement a bit?

In SD's scheme how does the D-back situation change from a 'traditional' SS method? Who tends to pick up the Tight end? Do both the safeties tend to drop back in to a cover-2 deep coverage, with man coverage underneath?

While I'm at it, another thing I noticed last year in the few SD games I got to see, was that in the Williams-less D line, we tended to present a much more '4 man front' looking line up, albeit with the Defensive ends still poking at the 5 gaps. Most of the time, it looked like a 4-3. Is this a kind of '3-4, 4-3' hybrid to make up for a slightly less hench NT, or just playing around, showing pass rush with the OLBs like you normally would in a 3-4?

Certainly in the 'hail mary', dime back kind of situations, there always seemed to be a simple 4 man front and everyone else dropping back in coverage. Is this just leaving a linebacker there, and retaining the essential '3-4'-ness of the positioning?

Sorry for the ignorant questions, I always find it a lot harder to work out what is going on on the defensive side of the ball, it always looks chaotic.

I think we usually play a 4 man front when we go to the nickel(4-2-5) and dime(4-1-6) sets.

oglalakev 26.06.2010 03:54 PM

Ron Rivera has a strong background with the 4-3 so with him as DC we were always likely to show more 4-man fronts but I think last year was mainly a personnel issue, if you don't have a true NT then you need to use the pure 3 man front less often.
As for the safety question in our scheme we often play our safeties as cover-2, which means both are back a bit rather than jamming one to the line. It's hard to say who has the TE coverage responsibility as that depends on the package and personnel but it will move between the slot CB, Safeties and a LB, Burnett often did it last season and Butler is expected to grow into that role

CALkulon 10.07.2010 07:50 PM

Buter, Thomas agree to four year deals:

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...f-4e74768c200e

vixbolts 29.07.2010 06:39 AM

We've now got Gates through to 2015

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/footba...4a63159a3.html

vixbolts 24.08.2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramezes (Post 1109584)
Through 2010
OLB - Antwan Applewhite
WR - Gary Banks
DE\DT - Ryon Bingham
ILB - Kevin Burnett
DE - Jacques Cesaire
OT - Jeromey Clary
ILB - Stephen Cooper
OG - Brandyn Dombrowski
WR - Malcom Floyd
ILB - James Holt
DE - Travis Johnson
TE - Randy McMichaels
C - Scott Mruczkowski
WR - Legedu Naanee
DT - Ogemdi Nwagbuo
S - Paul Oliver
RB - Darren Sproles
ILB - Brandon Siler
FB - Mike Tolbert
QB - Billy Volek
S - Eric Weddle

Just coming back to look at this list... I know it's hard to judge just on pre-season, but this list is looking more worrying. There are so many players that need to be extended. I'm definately thinking that VJ's (and possibly Merrimans) money needs to be spread around to some of these players instead, problem is I've no idea how many players you'd get for his/their money.

Weddle, Naanee, Floyd, Tolbert & Dombrowski are guys who'd top my list for extending... but it's probably easier to ask who shouldn't be extended than who should...

Dave_R 06.09.2010 08:12 PM

Up to date to reflect the moves made recently :)

Dave_R 05.10.2010 08:13 PM

This becoming a massive headache with all the roster moves. Should be up to date though :)

Dave_R 04.12.2010 02:21 PM

Updated again. Kudos to AJ - he has this team setup to take full advantage of a new CBA as we have about half the roster scheduled to be free agents (of various types) and those new contracts can be structured to take advantage of any changes

oglalakev 04.12.2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramezes (Post 1258518)
Updated again. Kudos to AJ - he has this team setup to take full advantage of a new CBA as we have about half the roster scheduled to be free agents (of various types) and those new contracts can be structured to take advantage of any changes

It all depends what comes out of the CBA and at what point it is agreed, no way do we resign all our UFAs though so we will be happy to have the extra picks in this years draft. It is a typically agreesive strategy from AJ though with so many guys out of contract in this year of change

Dave_R 18.01.2011 02:52 PM

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2011...-free-agencies

A good table of who is a free agent and what their status would be


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.