NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Jacksonville Jaguars (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The official Jacksonville Jaguars thread (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=6458)

JDV 17.07.2005 06:50 PM

The official Jacksonville Jaguars thread

Now there is a large group of Jags fans on the forum :-\ I personally feel the timing is right for an official Jags thread.

So with Henry going to the Titans (boooo!) are the Jags going to be relying on Fred Taylor too much?

Any thoughts on the situation at RCB?

Was Matt Jones a good or bad pick in the draft?

Let the debating begin.....

The Alster 17.07.2005 06:55 PM

Re:The official Jacksonville Jaguars thread

it would take more then henry to get the jags to the playoffs if taylor goes down and even if they did make it with they wouldn't have much success.

when did the injury to FT occur

JDV 17.07.2005 06:58 PM

If I'm not mistaken it was nearing the end of last season, he missed the two last games and has had surgery on it. It being his knee.

Matt the Jag 17.07.2005 06:59 PM

Woohoo we got a thread!! ;D

I dont think the issue is relying on him too much, more can we rely on him healthwise, and from what i can gather at the moment its 50/50 for the start of the season! but he should be good for another couple of years, hopefully enough time to groom a succesor.

RCB is our biggest D weakness at the moment. Apparantley Starks has looked good during spring practice, but at the end of the day its spring practice, not a game, not even contact practice!

Matt Jones, big project, big risk, possible massive reward!! i would hope for a consistent display for his rookie season, whilst he learns the new poistion, hopefully abit better than Reggie's

Your thoughts?

YorkshireRaven 17.07.2005 07:09 PM

you wont need him to act as a franchise back but you will need productivity from him, because you havent got a receiving corps of say the Colts or the Pats

JDV 17.07.2005 07:16 PM

IMO Fred Taylor is the most under-rated (starter) RB in the NFL and when he's healthy he is more dangerous than Leftwich or anyone else on the offence....except near the goalline :P As for grooming someone it'll have to be someone similar to how Rashean Mathis was brought through, not a big name pick but someone with lots of potential.

When you have to play the Colts twice in one year and your having trouble finding a starter corner because no-one on the roster is good enough to stand out and claim a spot I'd get a bit worried but like you say camp hasn't started yet.

Matt Jones has, as Del Rio said, scary potential. However he's never played WR properly so it will take time for him to adapt. IMO next year we will see some of his 'scary potential'. Oh and damn he's fast.

What about the ever elusive playoffs? Is this season too early or can we make a push in such a strong conference?

edit - cos I'm thick :P

The Alster 17.07.2005 07:22 PM

[quote author=Yorkshire Raven link=board=1;threadid=11628;start=0#msg256804 date=1121627383]
you wont need him to act as a franchise back but you will need productivity from him, because you havent got a receiving corps of say the Colts or the Pats
[/quote]

why mention the pats of all people?we have a good bunch of lads but not like the rams or anybody

YorkshireRaven 17.07.2005 07:24 PM

[quote author=Alster link=board=1;threadid=11628;start=0#msg256834 date=1121628173]
[quote author=Yorkshire Raven link=board=1;threadid=11628;start=0#msg256804 date=1121627383]
[/quote]

why mention the pats of all people?we have a good bunch of lads but not like the rams or anybody
[/quote]because you have a ggood WR corps. Does that ashame you?

edit: 1 more post to go!

Panthers17 17.07.2005 07:28 PM

I agree with Fred Taylor being one of the more under-rated running back in the NFL and can be very useful to a team, but he is maybe under rated because of his injury problems which prevent him playing more and being able to prove that he is a quality running back.

As for the playoffs, I'm not sure, I think that they'll easily achieve a 9-7 record which in the NFC would win your division ::) But in the AFC won't get you anywhere but if somehow the Jaguars were able to pick up that 10th win it would probably win them a Wild Card spot along with the Bengals maybe.

If Leftwich was able to improve at a steady rate with the inclusion of Reggie Williams I think potentially a good offence is in the making. So in my opinion as much as I like them to be in the playoffs instead of some other teams I doubt maybe the 2006 season could be the year of the Jaguar.

It is the NFL after all... and anything can happen.

Matt the Jag 17.07.2005 07:29 PM

I think we can this year, but the telling factor we be our early form as we have a tough opening schedule
vs.Seattle Seahawks
at Indianapolis Colts
at New York Jets
vs. Denver Broncos
vs. Cincinnati Bengals
at Pittsburgh Steelers

quite a few of them went to playoffs last year, plus the bengals are ever improving, so our record after these games should be a very good indicator of how we will do