NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   2019 London Games (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Unable to get tickets - best NFL pubs? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=112537)

Alex_C21 20.09.2017 08:17 PM

Unable to get tickets - best NFL pubs?

Hi everyone,

Me and a mate have booked train tickets to London on the 1st October, however we failed to get tickets in the initial sale and resale for the Miami Dolphins v Saints game. As a Dolphins fan I'd hate to miss out on any part of the Dolphins being in London, so we've decided to make a day of it and travel anyway. At the moment we haven't purchased any tickets from resale websites as the prices are ridiculous, with all of the added hidden fees etc.

My question is, what are the best bars/pubs in London or around Wembley, which are guaranteed to have the game on and may have a good atmosphere?
I understand most will be in the stadium watching the game but not all of us were lucky enough to get tickets! Or any other suggestions for how to make the best out of the situation?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

P.s. Hope all the phins fans attending enjoy the game and cheer them on - Phins up!

BigTone 20.09.2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_C21 (Post 2350276)
Hi everyone,

Me and a mate have booked train tickets to London on the 1st October, however we failed to get tickets in the initial sale and resale for the Miami Dolphins v Saints game. As a Dolphins fan I'd hate to miss out on any part of the Dolphins being in London, so we've decided to make a day of it and travel anyway. At the moment we haven't purchased any tickets from resale websites as the prices are ridiculous, with all of the added hidden fees etc.

My question is, what are the best bars/pubs in London or around Wembley, which are guaranteed to have the game on and may have a good atmosphere?
I understand most will be in the stadium watching the game but not all of us were lucky enough to get tickets! Or any other suggestions for how to make the best out of the situation?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

P.s. Hope all the phins fans attending enjoy the game and cheer them on - Phins up!

Firstly, there are plenty of tickets for this game being offered @ face value by fans with spares on the various UK NFL Facebook groups and other social media. You shouldn't have any trouble getting some provided you're not too chosy and you check the groups regularly.

Secondly, you will be able to get tickets on the day - touts are active around the stadium, particularly Wembley Park - and prices fall as kickoff looms.....

Thirdly, all the pubs around the stadium (as well as the official "tailgate" fan rally, which you DON'T need a ticket for) will be busy with NFL fans before the game. There's a big Fins Fans event @ Watkins Folly on Empire Way from early on gameday which may interest you...... !! - who knows, there might be someone with spare tickets as well...... !!

I've no idea which places around Wembley would show the game in the pub (don't forget it clashes with EPL on Sky) but I'm sure at least one place will,even if it's only on a secondary screen....... Failing that, you could check if the "official" Fins fan venue (Hard Rock Cafe, details on nfluk.com) will cater for people who want to watch it.
But hey, just get yourselves some tickets instead, it'll be much better.....

Spenspuma 21.09.2017 07:29 AM

There are hundreds of tickets still for sale....current cheapest is £70 each and lots for sale on Gumtree at almost face value.

Can't think of anything worse than watching the game in a pub across the road from where the event is going on just a stones throw from getting in and experiencing the game. Plus the area around Wembley isn't exactly great so once the bustle of game day fans does down as the game starts it will be a empty pub in a dodgy area.

Bite the bullet and get some tickets regardless of price....we probably won't see dolphins again in the UK for some time so don't miss out for the sake of paying £20 over face value. You'll only regret it.

GP990 21.09.2017 07:43 AM

There are usually genuine fans there on the day with spare tickets as well, just keep an eye out on the way from the tube - usually its easy enough to distinguish them from the touts, and I know who I'd rather give the money to..

BigTone 21.09.2017 08:35 AM

Another thing to check out is the "ethical" ticket resale sites (such as Twickets and Scarlet Mist) - they have a "no profit" policy, and can be a good source for tickets to the games.

Spenspuma 21.09.2017 11:55 AM

Never understood the "ethical" thing with tickets.

People have equal chance to get tickets when released....if you want them at 'cost you have to do what everyone else has to do...ie stand in a queue at the ticket office or in a telephone queue or keep refreshing the internet page till you get through. If people don't want to do this then they have to buy on the secondary market.

It baffles me how people then complain about paying more than cost when buying tickets, but don't moan about paying more than cost with every other purchase they make from supermarket food to Tv's.. to clothing etc etc....people do realise that the shop that sold them their £1000 tv bought it in for £600?

Alex_C21 21.09.2017 06:30 PM

Has anyone ever bought tickets from a tout? We are considering it but just a bit worried prices and whether the tickets we buy are guaranteed to be real - would anyone be able to give any advice on this?

Prices on resale websites do seem to be coming down, but then there are also plenty of horror stories of people getting scammed from such websites - has anyone had any experience buying tickets from resale websites?

Cheers for the info Tone, the Fins Fans event @ Watkins Folly sounds good!
I think we will try to get tickets because i'd hate to miss it, just need to consider the best options. Cheers for the advice.

Spenspuma 21.09.2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_C21 (Post 2350368)
Has anyone ever bought tickets from a tout? We are considering it but just a bit worried prices and whether the tickets we buy are guaranteed to be real - would anyone be able to give any advice on this?

Prices on resale websites do seem to be coming down, but then there are also plenty of horror stories of people getting scammed from such websites - has anyone had any experience buying tickets from resale websites?

I think we will try to get tickets because i'd hate to miss it, just need to consider the best options. Cheers for the advice.

Ticketmasters official secondary market site GETMEIN guarantees your tickets...and if they don't turn up they will source similar or better.

With a tout if you don't get in because of a dud ticket you've lost your money and won't get to see the game.

NathanPrior 21.09.2017 06:45 PM

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discus...rleans-oct-1st

See if you can register and post

BigTone 21.09.2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex_C21 (Post 2350368)

Personally, I would go the Facebook route and pick up spares from someone on there. Obviously use common sense - check out who you're dealing with as much as you can. Alternatively, use Twickets or Scarlet Mist, or Gumtree, or one of the other possibilities mentioned. After that, scout a popular pub on gameday morning. Third and last option would be to play the touts outside - but then I'm used to doing that from my days in the USA, others may not feel comfortable.

There is NEVER any need to use the corporate reseller sites for IS games (unless you happen to get VERY lucky and spot a perfect deal, or you can get hold of a very late firesale) but many people do so anyway for "peace of mind" despite the fact they know they're being ripped off.

"Finvasion" @ Watkins Folly opens @ 09:00 for early starters......