NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL TV coverage (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ESPN via TopUp TV (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=67151)

atsharp 18.08.2010 10:36 PM

ESPN via TopUp TV

Hi everbody. Have been disappointed with lack of NFL on Freeview this year. The easy option, and the only one I can get past the wife, is Monday Night Football on ESPN ( via TopUP TV ). The thing is that the matches start at 1am and ESPN goes of air at 4am. Seem in danger of losing the end of some matches, or do they stay with the game until the end even if it overruns ? Also do they repeat the match sometime later in the week. If somebody who uses this service can give some advise it would be great. Both on these points and anything else I may have overlooked. Thanks

N.J.S 19.08.2010 08:58 AM

No, they do not extend the coverage over 4AM, so the ends of games will probably get cut off.

Secondly, ESPN announced they would repeat the games to let people see them, however, very stupidly, they are repeating them at 9AM on the morning, and ESPN on Freeview doesn't start until 2PM!

So unless ESPN change the repeat of MNF to after 2PM, you won't be able to see the full games on Freeview! :mad:

No1ChargersFan 19.08.2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.J.S (Post 1163326)
No, they do not extend the coverage over 4AM, so the ends of games will probably get cut off.

Secondly, ESPN announced they would repeat the games to let people see them, however, very stupidly, they are repeating them at 9AM on the morning, and ESPN on Freeview doesn't start until 2PM!

So unless ESPN change the repeat of MNF to after 2PM, you won't be able to see the full games on Freeview! :mad:

LOL, I mentioned this yesterday afternoon after I logged on here for the first time in ages. I got ESPN last week to watch the MNF and managed to watched the preseason game between the Jets and the Giants right up to the last 2 minute warning when the channel shut down! Maaaaaan! At least they are gonna be doing a review show before the MNF game, so thats something I guess and they are also showing a few NCAA college games too, like they did last year!

Not ideal, but its better than what Channel 5 isn't doing!

jackster608 19.08.2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ChargersFan (Post 1163388)
LOL, I mentioned this yesterday afternoon after I logged on here for the first time in ages. I got ESPN last week to watch the MNF and managed to watched the preseason game between the Jets and the Giants right up to the last 2 minute warning when the channel shut down! Maaaaaan! At least they are gonna be doing a review show before the MNF game, so thats something I guess and they are also showing a few NCAA college games too, like they did last year!

Not ideal, but its better than what Channel 5 isn't doing!

This has put me off getting ESPN! Don't see the point in paying £10 a month for 4 games, then missing the end of them!

No1ChargersFan 21.08.2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackster608 (Post 1163416)
This has put me off getting ESPN! Don't see the point in paying £10 a month for 4 games, then missing the end of them!

Exactly and if I hadn't subscribed to ESPN for 6 months in order to get the free CAM module I wouldn't bother either, but I've just read on here somewhere that they are going to be showing a review show on Sundays too, so that kinda softens the blow a bit!

Don't understand why they aren't 24 hours on Freeview, especially when we are paying the same price as the 24 hour service and Sky Sports News is closing down, so why doesn't ESPN take over the channel!