NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   2019 London Games (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The selling/buying of tickets is not permitted on the forum (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=98346)

Dolphin_Akie 05.09.2013 09:48 AM

The selling/buying of tickets is not permitted on the forum

Just a reminder guys as quite a few people have tried to sell tickets and I'm sure there will be more cases as we get closer to the games.

boknows34 12.09.2013 09:09 PM

The NFL have a ticket exchange system already in place

http://www.nfl.com/tickets

Buy and sell tickets the only NFL-approved way.

You can now buy tickets directly from other fans -- and sell your tickets when you can't go -- using the official NFL Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster. Buyers can print their tickets right away and rest assured knowing their tickets are 100% legitimate, and sellers never have to deal with ticket delivery or collecting payment. If you don't see the tickets you want, check back often as new tickets could be posted at any time.

eg)

Jacksonville

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...aguars-tickets

When you click on sell tickets on any game, it gives you a choice between:

• Season Ticket Holder - or
• Single Game Ticket Holder - Post tickets by entering your barcode.

Once everybody's tickets arrive via the post you should use the above official links should you have a few members of your group dropping out or .. suddenly discover you can't attend because the pet gerbil died or you forgot it clashed with your wedding day. ;)

pyl 16.09.2013 07:16 PM

I have a single ticket for the Steelers-Vikings game that I would like to sell. I am a Swedish citizen so stubhub won't work. Are there any other options?

Sorry for posting this here, but I haven't been able to find any information about this anywhere...

Bath_BTGOG 17.09.2013 10:51 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is at face value or less.

Ticketmaster make me laugh I paid for special delivery yet they send the tickets normal post, I find this more offensive than someone trying to sell a ticket to another fan at face value, but hey such is life.

pyl 17.09.2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bath_BTGOG (Post 1879939)
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is at face value or less.

Ticketmaster make me laugh I paid for special delivery yet they send the tickets normal post, I find this more offensive than someone trying to sell a ticket to another fan at face value, but hey such is life.

Of course, but I'm wondering if there are any decent sites I can sell my ticket on since stubhub only allows US, Canadian and UK citizens?

Bubbalicious 19.09.2013 01:29 PM

The Links posted aren't helping much... If you check the ticket exchange website you'll see there is no TicketExchange Link for the International Series Game. Does anyone have an idea where else to go for ticket exchange/sell?

Andyholt 22.09.2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie (Post 1864591)
Just a reminder guys as quite a few people have tried to sell tickets and I'm sure there will be more cases as we get closer to the games.

Would I be allowed to advertise my train tickets (First Class Manchester to London) and Travelodge room? I don't want to make a profit on anything but would like to recoup some of my outlay as I can no longer make it.

Can't tell you how upsetting missing the IS game is!

Dolphin_Akie 22.09.2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyholt (Post 1883759)
Would I be allowed to advertise my train tickets (First Class Manchester to London) and Travelodge room? I don't want to make a profit on anything but would like to recoup some of my outlay as I can no longer make it.

Can't tell you how upsetting missing the IS game is!

Sorry, we aren't in a position to allow the buying/selling of anything whether it be tickets, merchandise, hotel rooms etc. We have no way of dealing with grievances if one party is unhappy.

70 chip 23.09.2013 03:22 PM

If you want to sell your tickets due to a change in circumstances then I would suggest using Ticketmaster's own resale website, Get Me In

http://www.getmein.com/

BigTone 23.09.2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70 chip (Post 1886432)
If you want to sell your tickets due to a change in circumstances then I would suggest using Ticketmaster's own resale website, Get Me In

http://www.getmein.com/

The 3 main players in the UK ticket resale market are Getmein (Ticketmaster), StubHub UK (eBay subsiduary) and ViaGoGo (independent).

The "Big 3" are fairly similar in the service they offer/provide.

There are many other smaller companies/websites that also operate in the UK ticket resales market.

capitalone77 26.09.2013 07:00 PM

Ticket Nightmare with Viagogo

Had a total nightmare with Viagogo. Prior to today I would have rated them a 1 out of 5, they've crept up to a 2 out of 5 only because after 3 phone calls and an email I've finally received a refund.

Speaking only about Viagogo, I've had no experience of the other 2 mentioned but imagine they work in much the same way.

I believe Viagogo actually make the tickets MORE Expensive for fans. Some of the prices were eye watering, including the tickets I bought that could not be provided.

For the previous 2 games I've bought my tickets from Ebay or Gumtree. However, ebay put all their ticket traffic on to Stub hub so that's closed that route up so really it's only gumtree left.

Gumtree works because the seller advertises, buyer picks up phone, they negotiate and a deal is struck. Seller gets cash Buyer gets tickets. Simple

Viagogo charge an awful lot of money to get in between the Buyer and Seller and over complicate a simple transaction. Despite the ridiculous middle man fee they're charging they still manage to nause it all up.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I really think it's in the Fan's interests that a ticket buying/selling part is added to this forum.

hollis_f 27.09.2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalone77 (Post 1889743)
I really think it's in the Fan's interests that a ticket buying/selling part is added to this forum.

So, I sell you a forged ticket and do a runner with your money. Unable to get a refund from me you decide to sue NFLUK for the ticket price and £10,000,000 compensation for the heartbreak of missing the game. NFLUK go broke, everybody loses.

BigTone 27.09.2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalone77 (Post 1889743)

Another place for touts/agencies (or people working for them) to pick up cheap tickets to sell on.

Seriously, policing such a thing would be a non-trivial task (how do you decide who's a "genuine fan" and who might be buying for resale? Who deals with sales that go wrong ? etc. etc.)

capitalone77 28.09.2013 05:30 PM

Oh the drama. Gumtree have yet to be put out of business and ebay were moderately successful at allowing people to flog on tickets. But you're right NFLUK could get bankrupted because someone bought a fake ; )

capitalone77 28.09.2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTone (Post 1890480)
Another place for touts/agencies (or people working for them) to pick up cheap tickets to sell on.

Seriously, policing such a thing would be a non-trivial task (how do you decide who's a "genuine fan" and who might be buying for resale? Who deals with sales that go wrong ? etc. etc.)

Who has to worry about 'policing' and who deals with sales that go wrong when you buy through a website like gumtree. It's normally a case of buyer beware.

Vincent 28.09.2013 06:57 PM

It's not going to happen - its a discussion forum and not a marketplace specifically designed for selling tickets.

Also, a word to those making comments along the lines of "I had two tickets to sell, but I won't advertise them after seeing this" - I know your game ;)

Dolphin_Akie 28.09.2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalone77 (Post 1891371)
Who has to worry about 'policing' and who deals with sales that go wrong when you buy through a website like gumtree. It's normally a case of buyer beware.

But at the same time with places like eBay, Gumtree, Stubhub, Seatwave, Getmein, viagogo etc. Why do we need this forum to sell tickets as well?

At the end of the day companies like eBay and even gumtree have much more robust legal terms and conditions in place than we could ever get on here. I mean we don't even get a pound sign bug fixed so I can't see NFLUK ploughing thousands of pounds into legal advice to allow selling on here.

capitalone77 28.09.2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie (Post 1891443)
But at the same time with places like eBay, Gumtree, Stubhub, Seatwave, Getmein, viagogo etc. Why do we need this forum to sell tickets as well?

At the end of the day companies like eBay and even gumtree have much more robust legal terms and conditions in place than we could ever get on here. I mean we don't even get a pound sign bug fixed so I can't see NFLUK ploughing thousands of pounds into legal advice to allow selling on here.

Good Point. I was merely highlighting the rip off fees that Viagogo charge for providing a pretty shoddy service ! I would personally prefer to speak to someone from a forum like this one, meet up and pay cash. Far simpler for all concerned.

Hannibal 28.09.2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent (Post 1891406)
It's not going to happen - its a discussion forum and not a marketplace specifically designed for selling tickets.

Also, a word to those making comments along the lines of "I had two tickets to sell, but I won't advertise them after seeing this" - I know your game ;)

Good to see an officer of the law keeping pace with the guys wearing black hats.

Dolphin_Akie 28.09.2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalone77 (Post 1891479)
Good Point. I was merely highlighting the rip off fees that Viagogo charge for providing a pretty shoddy service ! I would personally prefer to speak to someone from a forum like this one, meet up and pay cash. Far simpler for all concerned.

But gumtree and eBay are very cheap. Craiglist is very popular in the states and theres no guarantee you wouldn't just get touts or even worse on here if tickets were being bought and sold.

Vincent 28.09.2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 1891486)
Good to see an officer of the law keeping pace with the guys wearing black hats.

Black hats? :confused:

WackoJackoUK 30.09.2013 10:37 AM

What would be good would Ticketmaster allowing fans to resell at Face Value only (maybe plus fees).

That way it would be out of the NFL's hands. All tickets (which have to be purchased initially through TM) can be traced etc if necessary.

BigTone 30.09.2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WackoJackoUK (Post 1893394)
What would be good would Ticketmaster allowing fans to resell at Face Value only (maybe plus fees).

That way it would be out of the NFL's hands. All tickets (which have to be purchased initially through TM) can be traced etc if necessary.

That's exactly what Ticketmaster have done for many years (via their "Getmein" site).
You can resell at face value on there if you want to, just like you can on the similar sites of their competitors.

Hopefully it would be bought by a fellow fan, but (like any other "non personal" ticket sale), it might also be hard to avoid your ticket being bought by an agency/tout (or someone working for them).

Dolphin_Akie 30.09.2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTone (Post 1893421)
That's exactly what Ticketmaster have done for many years (via their "Getmein" site).
You can resell at face value on there if you want to, just like you can on the similar sites of their competitors.

Hopefully it would be bought by a fellow fan, but (like any other "non personal" ticket sale), it might also be hard to avoid your ticket being bought by an agency/tout (or someone working for them).

You can sell on most of these sites at face value if you want to, just when it comes to it most people prefer to profit.

BigTone 30.09.2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie (Post 1893433)
You can sell on most of these sites at face value if you want to, just when it comes to it most people prefer to profit.

Yep - Seller is happy (assuming they get their price), Site is happy (more commission), Touts are happy (Price premiums maintained).

Dolphin_Akie 17.10.2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptune (Post 1911522)

No but it breaks the rules with regards to advertising and could be seen as a sneaky way of selling through the forum.

Neptune 17.10.2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie (Post 1911563)
No but it breaks the rules with regards to advertising and could be seen as a sneaky way of selling through the forum.

No problem. Thank you

ColinRae 03.12.2013 02:30 PM

But really annoying when these sellers haven't even received the tickets!!
Yes, I understand its is a 'safe' site - especially for touts.
Surely some sort of limit could be imposed?

UK.Jet 03.12.2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTone (Post 1893421)

See, I hate these sites because they also charge so much in fees. They take a cut of what the seller makes, so to get face value back you have to sell for more anyway, but then they add huge fees to the buyer as well so it's much worse. The really annoying thing though, is that even with all this, they pay you after the event (so these touts won't even get paid for a year) and it puts me off selling.

I found better seats than the ones I purchased available, but they do make it impossible to sell them on honestly to another honest fan.

bluelionman 04.12.2013 01:36 AM

The selling/buying of tickets is not permitted on the forum

Because of fees, hassles and the like - plus the small fact I swallowed the hype leading up to the inaugural IS game (Fins v Giants) that the NFL commish (Mr Kirkwood) and the Sky guys were spouting about not only was it all sold out way before hand but that demand meant they could of sold out Wembley 3 times over I never tried to sell spares via third party websites.

It led me to not be to unduly concerned when a few of my work colleagues baulked at the costs and renegaded about going after I had bought and fronted on my credit card for several tickets. I just decided I'd have no trouble selling them at face plus booking/postage fees (just what I had shelled out) on the day as after all that very first game they was showing the game on big screens in Wembley Arena to for those not lucky enough to have gotten tickets for the big game live.

Alas it was all propaganda - I stood out in the pouring rain for hours (instead of tail gating with my mates that had paid for their tickets as per their word). In the end I went past the kick off before admitting defeat and taking the hit - but what still grates me to this day was not even a reply from the NFLUK offices to my post game letters to them to ask why they were giving away FREE tickets on the day... YES people you read that right. So TV audiences would not see empty seats in Wembley stadium and thus sus the hype was just that hype, the Wembley Arena big screens that first year I suspect was the NFLUK's clever back up to be able to have lots of fans on tap they could use to fill the stadium and any empty seats with. They did just that to as I saw with my own eyes as many people who came to collect tickets to Wembley Arena that I thought might like to buy my spares were met by a lady from NFLUK with a clip board and after a few questions were up graded - given tickets to the real game gratis. So I had no chance of selling mine at face value or even less compared to that - fair enough if I was a tout - tough... but I am just a genuine fan that wanted to get others into the game that had work acquaintances flake on me and had no idea come the day I'd be competing with the NFLUK themselves giving out freebies.... I just expected touts to be unhappy at me selling things for cost but what I think is worse is not even being acknowledged by NFLUK after the event when I took the time to write in to them about this post game. They didn't even have the decency to acknowledge my letter. After no reply the first time I re-sent the letter with a covering letter to Alastair Kirkwood himself - recorded delivery this time - but still not so much as a standard response. I didn't expect them to give me my money back or anything like that but I did expect (and it would of been nice) to have gotten a reply and know why they did this especially as I was left hundreds of pounds out of pocket - basicly ending up paying for 3 seats - while other fans got in free. I would of felt it a matter of courtesy (and good business practice) to reply to my letter but no, nothing. :mad:

Any way it means since then I have been wary of believing the hype and until next season when my team is coming had lost interest to bother going especially at the sky high ticket costs.

Games I have fancied I have rocked up on the day and bought one under face value as there's always spares or touts left with extras on the day - once the game has kicked off the value of the ticket is deprecating by the minute and touts want to go home so have never failed to bag one for a score (20 GBP) just after kick off - done this twice now.

Naturally as it's my team coming next year will most likely pre-buy tickets at full cost as I wish to not have this drama as I want to tailgate and soak up the pre game fair plus sit with my mates but will make sure this time all peeps I front for are trusted mates or that I get a deposit up front before buying.

Go Lions!

Vincent 04.12.2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluelionman (Post 1954424)
Because of fees, hassles and the like - plus the small fact I swallowed the hype leading up to the inaugural IS game (Fins v Giants) that the NFL commish (Mr Kirkwood) and the Sky guys were spouting about not only was it all sold out way before hand but that demand meant they could of sold out Wembley 3 times over I never tried to sell spares via third party websites.

It led me to not be to unduly concerned when a few of my work colleagues baulked at the costs and renegaded about going after I had bought and fronted on my credit card for several tickets. I just decided I'd have no trouble selling them at face plus booking/postage fees (just what I had shelled out) on the day as after all that very first game they was showing the game on big screens in Wembley Arena to for those not lucky enough to have gotten tickets for the big game live.

Alas it was all propaganda - I stood out in the pouring rain for hours (instead of tail gating with my mates that had paid for their tickets as per their word). In the end I went past the kick off before admitting defeat and taking the hit - but what still grates me to this day was not even a reply from the NFLUK offices to my post game letters to them to ask why they were giving away FREE tickets on the day... YES people you read that right. So TV audiences would not see empty seats in Wembley stadium and thus sus the hype was just that hype, the Wembley Arena big screens that first year I suspect was the NFLUK's clever back up to be able to have lots of fans on tap they could use to fill the stadium and any empty seats with. They did just that to as I saw with my own eyes as many people who came to collect tickets to Wembley Arena that I thought might like to buy my spares were met by a lady from NFLUK with a clip board and after a few questions were up graded - given tickets to the real game gratis. So I had no chance of selling mine at face value or even less compared to that - fair enough if I was a tout - tough... but I am just a genuine fan that wanted to get others into the game that had work acquaintances flake on me and had no idea come the day I'd be competing with the NFLUK themselves giving out freebies.... I just expected touts to be unhappy at me selling things for cost but what I think is worse is not even being acknowledged by NFLUK after the event when I took the time to write in to them about this post game. They didn't even have the decency to acknowledge my letter. After no reply the first time I re-sent the letter with a covering letter to Alastair Kirkwood himself - recorded delivery this time - but still not so much as a standard response. I didn't expect them to give me my money back or anything like that but I did expect (and it would of been nice) to have gotten a reply and know why they did this especially as I was left hundreds of pounds out of pocket - basicly ending up paying for 3 seats - while other fans got in free. I would of felt it a matter of courtesy (and good business practice) to reply to my letter but no, nothing. :mad:

Any way it means since then I have been wary of believing the hype and until next season when my team is coming had lost interest to bother going especially at the sky high ticket costs.

Games I have fancied I have rocked up on the day and bought one under face value as there's always spares or touts left with extras on the day - once the game has kicked off the value of the ticket is deprecating by the minute and touts want to go home so have never failed to bag one for a score (20 GBP) just after kick off - done this twice now.

Naturally as it's my team coming next year will most likely pre-buy tickets at full cost as I wish to not have this drama as I want to tailgate and soak up the pre game fair plus sit with my mates but will make sure this time all peeps I front for are trusted mates or that I get a deposit up front before buying.

Go Lions!

Surely the only people you should be angry at are the work colleagues who let you down?

To be honest I have a hard time believing that NFLUK were giving away tickets for that first game (demand was sky high) on any real scale. Even if they were, its their event and they can do whatever they want - perhaps they had a few extra player returns on the day which were received too late to sell? Reeks of sour grapes to me - its not their fault you bought too many tickets.

Csonka#39 04.12.2013 07:48 AM

BLM is one angry dude... :(

Mr_Freeze 01.09.2014 09:48 PM

Still don't understand that if you want to sell tickets that you have to go to such as Getmein and let them reap the rewards of selling again.
How many times does Ticketmaster want to make money out of selling the same ticket.
If I want to sell on a couple of tickets I have to be prepared for Ticketmaster/Getmein to skim of their cut again, yet I'm the one accused of try to make money.
Just doesn't seem fair!

PhilGroom 01.09.2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Freeze (Post 2089454)
Still don't understand that if you want to sell tickets that you have to go to such as Getmein and let them reap the rewards of selling again.
How many times does Ticketmaster want to make money out of selling the same ticket.
If I want to sell on a couple of tickets I have to be prepared for Ticketmaster/Getmein to skim of their cut again, yet I'm the one accused of try to make money.
Just doesn't seem fair!

Other money grabbers are available ;)

SteButt 09.09.2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbalicious (Post 1882100)
The Links posted aren't helping much... If you check the ticket exchange website you'll see there is no TicketExchange Link for the International Series Game. Does anyone have an idea where else to go for ticket exchange/sell?

Happy to sell through official channels but these links don't seem to help for international games.

Can anyone help?

cpone77 15.09.2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteButt (Post 2094043)
Happy to sell through official channels but these links don't seem to help for international games.

Can anyone help?

Use Gumtree. I'm someone who generally never gets the tickets when they are first released and they always sell out. I tried to use one of these online ticket resellers last year and it was an awful experience. Huge service fees on top of expensive tickets. As it turned out they let me down last minute and I got a full refund.

Since 2011 I've always bought the tickets from Gumtree and have never had an issue. You can sell them for free and I can buy them for free. It's a win/win for everyone.

This year I bought them last week from Ticketmaster, I guess they were the tickets that were sent back from the Teams. Picked up tickets for all 3 games.

But my advice to anyone selling/buying use gumtree. It's free.

davieaitken 19.09.2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie (Post 1864591)

Why is that mate - i was not trying to make a profit - just make sure someone who was a true fan got the game?

Barney_Rubble 19.09.2014 07:06 PM

I gather the same applies for train tickets as I have 2 spare that will go in the bin otherwise.

beneaththetides 20.09.2014 12:55 AM

In the absence of an official ticket exchange and if not possible to tell others on here about spare tickets for genuine fans, I agree about using Gumtree as it is possibly the only option available where you can get face value for your ticket. I have sold music tickets to genuine fans there for face value in the past, win-win. Meet up and exchange cash and tickets, job done. Assume it would work for NFL IS too.

Getmein, Stubhub, eBay (directs you to Stubhub), Viagogo and Seatwave (IMO) extortionate fees mean you inadvertently cannot avoid ripping off fellow fans to get your money back, although of course few will buy at face value plus buyer and seller fees anyway so a moot point, kinda.

PhilGroom 20.09.2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beneaththetides (Post 2099122)
In the absence of an official ticket exchange and if not possible to tell others on here about spare tickets for genuine fans, I agree about using Gumtree as it is possibly the only option available where you can get face value for your ticket. I have sold music tickets to genuine fans there for face value in the past, win-win. Meet up and exchange cash and tickets, job done. Assume it would work for NFL IS too.

Getmein, Stubhub, eBay (directs you to Stubhub), Viagogo and Seatwave (IMO) extortionate fees mean you inadvertently cannot avoid ripping off fellow fans to get your money back, although of course few will buy at face value plus buyer and seller fees anyway so a moot point, kinda.

I did also get told by an American fan that it was an was an easy way for them to get tickets cheaper than the rates they get charged for this game in packages. Dunno how true that is in most cases however