NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL season (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Week 5. Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots. Game day thread. (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=92464)

Scots Warrior 07.10.2012 08:35 AM

High scoring,big passing mash up.....

Would like a Broncos win but don't expect it. Pats in stride after last week.

Pats by 7.

Montanamagic 07.10.2012 08:43 AM

Yeah, still Pats to win but you gotta like Eric Decker to be one in with the chance of a big night in this match-up.

HolyRoller10 07.10.2012 02:10 PM

Football makes strange bedfellows.

In no other universe am I pulling for Tom Terrific and Bill "Mr. Cartmenez" Belichick.

But Manning needs to go down and go down hard (morale-wise, you...know, just morale.) ;)

Maybe this will end the debate.

CJayDixon 07.10.2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montanamagic (Post 1659456)
Brady will light this up much like Ryan did in week 2. Manning will stay in touch first half, but in the second, watch Brady throw it all over them like Schaub did. Pats all the way.

Denver 24 - 38 New England

Manning was actually the one who stepped up in the 2nd half against the Texans and threw a number of unanswered TD's... We were only let down by a slow start on both sides of the ball in that game, otherwise we would have had a genuine chance of keeping up with probably the best team in the AFC.

From what I've seen of the Patriots this year, it's a bit like last year again - No Defence. They may have looked emphatic against the Bills, but lets remember, it's the Bills. The Broncos D is far better and more experienced in key areas, so I can't see Brady getting above 35 points again. On top of that, I have to fancy Manning stepping up and putting a high number on the board, so as long as we make the first few possessions count, I think the Broncos have got this one!

Magnitude 07.10.2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJayDixon (Post 1661370)
From what I've seen of the Patriots this year, it's a bit like last year again - No Defence. They may have looked emphatic against the Bills, but lets remember, it's the Bills. The Broncos D is far better and more experienced in key areas, so I can't see Brady getting above 35 points again. On top of that, I have to fancy Manning stepping up and putting a high number on the board, so as long as we make the first few possessions count, I think the Broncos have got this one!

You've not seen much then. I couldn't disagree more.

CJayDixon 07.10.2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnitude (Post 1661469)
You've not seen much then. I couldn't disagree more.

I have to be honest I haven't seen many of your games in full so I'm not going to try and argue with you about it... However, to give up an average of around 30 points a game is not by any means a Good defence...

You are also ranked 20th in overall D so far, and you haven't had the most difficult of schedules. I guess we shall see tonight though!

Wiser EFC 07.10.2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 (Post 1659432)
I'm going to savor this game because I know what's going to happen. Runaway.

Get the popcorn ready.

and remind us what your prediction was last week again. :D

Wiser EFC 07.10.2012 06:51 PM

Broncos win this but I disagree with everyone who says it will be a high scoring shootout.

Broncos 24
Patriots 19

CJayDixon 07.10.2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiser EFC (Post 1661755)
Broncos win this but I disagree with everyone who says it will be a high scoring shootout.

Broncos 24
Patriots 19

I'd go Broncos 34 - 31 Pats

"Ahemm.... Tom Brady, deep pass intended for Wes Welker is IN-COM-PLETE"

HolyRoller10 07.10.2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiser EFC (Post 1661740)
and remind us what your prediction was last week again. :D

Well it turns out the Raiders are crap. I hope you didn't take that victory to mean you can hang with the elite?

If you beat the Pats, I will be shocked.

And give you props...

And admit the Pats were overrated. :p