NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Cowboys (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   La'el Collins to sign with the Cowboys! (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=105732)

RichardCunliffe 07.05.2015 05:56 PM

La'el Collins to sign with the Cowboys!

Oh.my.word.

I really hope he had nothing to do with the unfortunate events that took place in Louisiana recently, because this is a dream come true scenario for me.

If we can plug him in at LG, and Chaz Green develops to take over at RT, we have:

Tyron Smith (24) La'el Collins (21) Travis Frederick (24) Zach Martin (24) Chaz Green (21?).

That is outstanding. I don't care about the rest of the team if we've assembled those 5 players as our O line for the next 10 years. :)

PMurphy81 07.05.2015 06:05 PM

Unbelievable news. Wow Jerry must have used all his charm. Great coup. Could be the Great wall of Dallas mk ll for a long time.

Chris Johnson must be hoping for that " holla" :D

RichardCunliffe 07.05.2015 06:28 PM

Great Wall MKII - exactly what I thought.

Nick Eatman said earlier today that if Collins left without a deal then he didn't think he'd sign, but he said once La'el sat down with Jerry it would be hard to say no.

Looks like he was right.

With Green, Gibson, and now Collins on board the future is set. If we class Collins as a guard, then that gives us 8 OT's and 4 OG's on the roster, and that's not including UDFA additions. We can't keep them all, but it's a nice headache to have.

PMurphy81 07.05.2015 07:01 PM

That is a nice headache.

Delighted for the kid. If hes had no connection at all the terrible incident then his big day and his short term earning power has been destroyed but hopefully being part of a seriously strong O-line and hopefully successful team for the foreseeable future helps him out.

RichardCunliffe 07.05.2015 08:01 PM

People have pointed it out before, but your earning potential is maximised playing for the Cowboys. Marketing deals are much more likely when you play with the star on your helmet.

PMurphy81 07.05.2015 10:38 PM

Wow. Just watched his press conference. Very very impressive. Old head on young shoulders. Seems to be down to earth humble guy. There could be big things ahead for him.

RichardCunliffe 08.05.2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMurphy81 (Post 2181929)
Wow. Just watched his press conference. Very very impressive. Old head on young shoulders. Seems to be down to earth humble guy. There could be big things ahead for him.

I wasn't sure it would live up to that billing, but I agree, Wow. That came across as from the heart, honest, the truth. He said it with passion, it's hard not to believe every word he said. After that, who would doubt what he said, this could be one of the greatest lines in NFL history.

PMurphy81 08.05.2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe (Post 2181973)
I wasn't sure it would live up to that billing, but I agree, Wow. That came across as from the heart, honest, the truth. He said it with passion, it's hard not to believe every word he said. After that, who would doubt what he said, this could be one of the greatest lines in NFL history.

Even brought a tear to Jerry's eye. Jerry loves to tell a story dont he:)

Lonestar1963 08.05.2015 10:07 PM

Crafty old Jerry! he must feel vindicated that he stuck by Romo, and very confident we dont need a stella back, i,m optimistic all of a sudden:) Collins looks the part, i think i could get a few yards behind that O line! maybe Jerry has seen the Pats running game and realised you dont need a franchise back just mix it up...lookin forward to the season already:)

Lonestar1963 10.05.2015 05:59 PM

Will he beat out Leary to become a starter?