NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Cowboys (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Thoughts on this season...and where next... (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=94057)

LAX 28.11.2012 10:30 PM

Thoughts on this season...and where next...

Was just wondering what people's opinions on the season so far were?

I personally can't decide whether I would rather we had just had a blow out for draft leverage next year or whether this agonising 'one week good/one week terrible' form is probably better than just being embarrassed week in week out. I know that I'm not enjoying the inconsistency - i don't have a problem with not being the clear-cut best in the NFC East, but its the not knowing which cowboys you are about to watch that is getting on the nerves a tad.

Which leads to my second topic of discussion - what to do next.

I'm again worried as to who would be brought in if Garett goes. Not that I don't think he probably should go - he's far to reserved in his approach to be a cowboys coach.

I'm also unsure of where I would like to see draft picks spent. the majority of me says the offensive line and that side of the ball in general, but i still think there's defensive play on a regular basis that will not improve itself.

Any thoughts?

nflcowboys 29.11.2012 09:56 AM

The offensive line is awful. I dont like Garrett either.

It has been really frustrating watching us come back every week from a massive deficit and then lose at the end. I really dont know why Romo starts off so badly every game.

Defense looked good earlier in the season but last few weeks hasnt looked good at all.:mad::mad::mad:

LAX 29.11.2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nflcowboys (Post 1709362)
The offensive line is awful. I dont like Garrett either.

It has been really frustrating watching us come back every week from a massive deficit and then lose at the end. I really dont know why Romo starts off so badly every game.

Defense looked good earlier in the season but last few weeks hasnt looked good at all.:mad::mad::mad:

Good to see your enjoying the season just as much as me then haha

gwilso23 17.12.2012 01:09 PM

Cowboys on the clutch 2 weeks in a row!!!! Love it!

Make no mistake About it, last season we would have lost the last 2 game. Believe 'boys! BELIEVE!

Burnham Cowboy 31.12.2012 02:56 PM

Yet another season of watching the Cowboys through my fingers.........when will the rot stop?

Two changes needed in the off season:-
  1. Remove Rob Ryan as DC and bring someone else in
  2. New QB please........a consistant one

vdave123 31.12.2012 03:16 PM

Hi guys, first post!

My two cents:

Despite last night, I still think Romo is the right man for the job. He has played really well for the majority of the season, and if we can improve the O-Line and keep Murray healthy next season I think we will see a big improvement on offense. Let's be honest, injuries haven't been kind to us this year on both sides of the ball :(

As far as coaching goes, I'm really not sure. I like Garrett, but the jury is definitely out on Rob Ryan.

bigpaulmorris@yahoo.co.uk 31.12.2012 03:56 PM

your having a laugh mate ... funny how all the teams who consistently make the playoffs and superbowls have one thing in common they have elite qbs.... until romo is replaced with a qb who can play a big game we will be here next year saying the same thing... like its not tonys fault.. brady, rodgers , peyton at denver they are always in the mix... they havnt had great players around them all the time but they still do it every year now you got andrew luck, griffin 111 to contend with so do me a favor mate you aint gonna win anything with tony romo trade up in the draft and replace now isaid we should have gone after peyton we would be 12-4 now and thinking about the superbowl now i got sit here for another year watching that prick throw interceptions saying he nearly won it for us wasnt his fault

bigpaulmorris@yahoo.co.uk 31.12.2012 04:01 PM

get rid of romo and the inconsistency will stop 100%

Matt NFL Fan 31.12.2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpaulmorris@yahoo.co.uk (Post 1733482)
your having a laugh mate ... funny how all the teams who consistently make the playoffs and superbowls have one thing in common they have elite qbs.... until romo is replaced with a qb who can play a big game we will be here next year saying the same thing... like its not tonys fault.. brady, rodgers , peyton at denser they are always in the mix... they havnt had great players around them all the time but they still do it every year now you got andrew luck, griffin 111 to contend with so do me a favor mate you aint gonna win with tony romo trade up in the draft and replace now isaid we should have gone after peyton we would be 12-4 now and thinking about the superbowl now i got sit here for another year watching that prick throw interceptions saying he nearly won it for us wasnt his fault

Hate to tell you as you clearly aren't a Romo fan, but the QB class this year is not great, especially compared to last year with Luck, Griffin and Wilson etc like you say. I don't think Romo is excusable in all this - far from it - but not all of the Cowboys problems fall back on him, after all the offensive play-calling has been questionable at the best of times. When you need him to get it done he hasn't, but he is still amongst the best Quarterbacks in the League. The Cowboys should stick by him - and they will btw - until a young, Luck or Griffin type calibre quarterback comes along in a future draft.

Best of luck though moving forward, I was hoping you'd get into the play-offs yesterday given you have played some nice football - especially offensively (Bryant in particular) - down the stretch. :)

catpickle1 01.01.2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpaulmorris@yahoo.co.uk (Post 1733490)
get rid of romo and the inconsistency will stop 100%

i totally disagree, romo is a good QB, yes he makes mistakes but alot of these are due to our dreadful offensive line, poor running game and stupid penalties that give us 2nd and 3rd and long situations, there were games this season where he would throw 50 passes which is not good,

sort these problems out and the pressure comes of romo a little, and ay be he will become less error prone,

agree rob ryan has to go, along with garrett (would quite like to see andy reid as head coach!)

also we do need to draft a qb but this is for long term purposes