NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Cardinals (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2011 Draft is finally here (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=82068)

number58 29.04.2011 10:55 AM

So Patrick Peterson is a Cardinal, him and DRC should prove to be one of the elite NFL Corner pairings for the next decade.

As for taking a QB in the second or third round, I don't think it is a likely course now that Free Agency looks likely to begin on Monday as Whiz seems to have said from the beginning he wanted a vet rather than another rookie. Hopefully whatever happens though, DA will not be on the roster next year.

I like the look of Kyle Rudpolph, but given the number of Tight Ends we have tried over the Whiz era, he could be just be another player stat.

I would like to see some Offensive Lineman drafted, given that Deuce Lutui, Lyle Sendlein and Alan Faneca are UFA and Brandon Keith is a RFA.

Taylor091 29.04.2011 03:33 PM

Here is what I think we should do:

Trade our 2012 1st and 2011 6th (From Philly) rounders for 33rd pick

33rd : Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
38th : Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona OR Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

69th : Jeremy Beal, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

Ready for the abuse,but this team is ready to win now and Mallett could do that at QB.

b182dammit 29.04.2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor091 (Post 1348464)
Here is what I think we should do:

Trade our 2012 1st and 2011 6th (From Philly) rounders for 33rd pick

33rd : Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
38th : Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona OR Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

69th : Jeremy Beal, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

Ready for the abuse,but this team is ready to win now and Mallett could do that at QB.

38th Pick I like, throw Ayers in there too.

I like the Beal pick, but think we could pick him up later than a high 3rd round.

I hate the trade though. I do think Mallet can be successful, but im not giving up a 1st for him, no way. We might as well just trade for Kolb.

number58 29.04.2011 07:16 PM

"Here is what I think we should do:

Trade our 2012 1st and 2011 6th (From Philly) rounders for 33rd pick"

According to League sources New England cannot trade the 33rd pick but I think giving up next years first round to trade up to get Mallet would be a mistake.

As for our pick it is looking likely we are going defense again with a OLB the more likely option.

Northern Soul 29.04.2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronwolfleyfanclub (Post 1348610)
"Here is what I think we should do:

Trade our 2012 1st and 2011 6th (From Philly) rounders for 33rd pick"

According to League sources New England cannot trade the 33rd pick but I think giving up next years first round to trade up to get Mallet would be a mistake.

As for our pick it is looking likely we are going defense again with a OLB the more likely option.

I'd rather stop the Pats ending up with 3 or even 4 1st rounders next year, drafting Andrew Luck, and the NFL having to put up with them winning for another decade ;)

UKcardinalsfan 29.04.2011 10:30 PM

I have admitted before, I'm an NFL fan, I struggle to keep up with the college game, so I can only go by punditry etc.

Ryan Williams.........this guy must be serious yeah? To have timmy, beanie, hyphen and Williams is loading up a bit. Still need the line to create the holes though no matter who's holding the ball!

b182dammit 29.04.2011 10:30 PM

Well I didnt see that coming.

With Ayers and Reed on the board, Id have hoped for one of them. Not sure what to make of this.

Top needs coming into this were a pass rushing linebacker and offensive tackle. 2 rounds done, we havent addressed it :confused:

UKcardinalsfan 29.04.2011 10:31 PM

Whiz likes to preach 'best player on the board'

number58 29.04.2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b182dammit (Post 1348758)
Well I didnt see that coming.

With Ayers and Reed on the board, Id have hoped for one of them. Not sure what to make of this.

Top needs coming into this were a pass rushing linebacker and offensive tackle. 2 rounds done, we havent addressed it :confused:

Neither did I, I would have put my housemates car on us going defense and getting that edge rusher.

So who is on the bubble THT or Beanie as this guy is a lock for next years roster

UKcardinalsfan 29.04.2011 10:45 PM

There's too much in beanie to give up already. Timmy is our consistency and break man. Hyphen is the pint sized secret weapon. I haveno idea. One of the duo must become trade fodder for a qb, but were locked out again for now...............now.

I suppose the big question is, will Williams improve our run game?