NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Cincinnati Bengals (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Wembley? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=85264)

bengalblueboy1 17.10.2011 10:26 PM

Wembley?

Anyone going to Wembley?

Who are you supporting?

I'll be going to the official tailgate & then on to the game.

Wearing a Bengals top and Tampa Bay hat ( adopted team for the day) if anyone wants to say hello.

Bengalsman 18.10.2011 06:49 AM

No, I have decided that until a division rival or the Bengals go to the game I won't be going again. I just sit there each year and feel weird as I just can't get up and cheers or be behind any of the teams.
I would rather save my money and go to Cincinnati. Things might change though if it were a playoff game and directly influenced the Bengals (if they were in the playoffs themselves) or if it were much later in the season and it depended on one of those teams losing to help the Bengals into the playoffs.
I've been to three of the International Games (I was in Cincinnati watching them play the Bears and Texans in 2009 when the game was on that year) but I simply can't justify to myself spending that sort of money including travel to watch two teams I have no vested interest in....

mde203 18.10.2011 06:57 AM

I'll be there supporting the Buccs. Wearing a Boise State jersey to the game and an Ocho jersey on the Saturday.

Zultan 18.10.2011 06:29 PM

I'll be there supporting the bucs in a white Maualuga jersey.

Bretts 18.10.2011 07:03 PM

Wont be there myself this year. The hotel I usually book was full over that weekend plus the guy I go with cant make it this year and when I saw it was the Buccs again?............well that was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Like Bengalsman I 'm starting to get less and less interested in most other NFL teams unless its the Browns, Ravens or Steelers of course.

I mainly watch more College football these days anyway and of course the Bengals on Sunday night.

My worry is they'll start to send the Buccs every year in order to build up a following for one team as a tester for putting a franchise here. One owner has alegedly already stated that he'd prefer his franchise in London instead of where it is now:eek:

The Glazers anybody?

Zultan 19.10.2011 08:53 AM

I'd say the lockout was one of the biggest factors of having the bucs over here again.

Bengaldom 19.10.2011 11:22 AM

I'll be at the game wearing an Esiason throwback

BigStu 19.10.2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengaldom (Post 1434649)
I'll be at the game wearing an Esiason throwback

My mate is a Bengals fan and he is coming with me on Sunday. If he sees you in your Boomer jersey he may well kiss you. Boomer is his absolute hero.

Bengaldom 19.10.2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigStu (Post 1434671)
My mate is a Bengals fan and he is coming with me on Sunday. If he sees you in your Boomer jersey he may well kiss you. Boomer is his absolute hero.

Thanks for the warning!

BigStu 19.10.2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengaldom (Post 1434674)
Thanks for the warning!

No worries mate, we will be at the tailgate, so if you see a bloke running toward you with a Bengals jersey on, just duck lol