NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL season (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Logging in to the forum (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=116776)

AfcBOli27 06.11.2018 05:02 PM

Logging in to the forum

Went to post the other day and was made to log in and change my password (ive been kept logged in for a year or more).
Now everytime i visit the forum i have to log in, even if i check the "keep me logged in" box.
Anyone else have this? Or is it perhaps the cookies setting in my browser?
Either way its rather annoying :(

Lonestar1963 07.11.2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 (Post 2388608)
Went to post the other day and was made to log in and change my password (ive been kept logged in for a year or more).
Now everytime i visit the forum i have to log in, even if i check the "keep me logged in" box.
Anyone else have this? Or is it perhaps the cookies setting in my browser?
Either way its rather annoying :(

Yep like its not bad enough having to log in every time had to change my password too site is a pain

nick_chicane 08.11.2018 02:06 PM

I had that problem but then changed to logging in through facebook and now I only have to hit the facebook button to login. Much easier. It was driving me nuts though having to login all the time.

PavlovsDog 08.11.2018 06:07 PM

It’s still an action more than before though, previously I would be logged in already when entering the site.

Also, do people necessarily want their handles here connected to a real Facebook account with real names, I suspect not everyone will.

This site is a joke, may as well just disband it.

nick_chicane 10.11.2018 12:58 PM

Can always create a fake profile. Of course, its still more hassle than it should be but its much better having to enter your details every single time and it constantly telling you to change your password.

Crash11 10.11.2018 02:06 PM

Qualcomm. You appear to be in charge

Direct question, please respond

Are you going to arrange it so this issue is resolved once and for all?

AfcBOli27 10.11.2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash11 (Post 2388791)
Qualcomm. You appear to be in charge

Direct question, please respond

Are you going to arrange it so this issue is resolved once and for all?

C'mon we all know how "resolved once and for all works", its called reching for the off switch, which has been coming ever closer the last few years :(

Crash11 10.11.2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 (Post 2388799)
C'mon we all know how "resolved once and for all works", its called reching for the off switch, which has been coming ever closer the last few years :(

I'd rather they did than the current slow suffocating death of the forum caused by the complete lack of apathy from NFLUK towards its most long standing supporters of the game

I want to see (the likely lack of) response to a direct question to show the contempt shown by those who apparently run the site towards a long standing NFL community so I can delete this forum once and for all.
I hope there is a positive reply. I doubt it will be, if there is one at all.

BuffaloG 12.11.2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfcBOli27 (Post 2388799)

I think they will this off season. They are clearly thinking about their UK media strategy with stuff like loads of NFL media guys coming over this season, and ATN lads being on UK TV regularly. This forum has been noticeably more quiet this season, I can't see how it survives the off season, it's becoming bad for the NFL brand