NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   2019 London Games (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   A message for people here to complain (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=117020)

European Bob 06.06.2019 08:57 PM

A message for people here to complain

Today I have noticed a huge number of people posting on here who (a) appear to have had accounts with NFLUK for years, in some cases more than 10 years, and (b) in those years have hardly posted at all.

This is a message to encourage you all to come back to the forum and contribute something positive. This forum is dying at a time when UK interest in the NFL has never been higher. We need more active contributors. You are clearly all knowledgeable fans of the game. I am sure you can all contribute something to the NFL discussion beyond simply moaning about tickets (though you’re quite welcome to do that too, of course). This place is so much better for discussing NFL than the shallow world of Facebook or Twitter.

wayne ellis 06.06.2019 10:55 PM

Fully agree with this. A forum’s a much better place to discuss the NFL than Twitter or Facebook. Although we’ve lost numerous posters over the years (largely due to sign in issues), there’s still a knowledgeable bunch on here to talk Football with.

boknows34 07.06.2019 12:15 AM

There are over 400,000 registered members here and less than 100 active members. Everyone probably knows my thoughts on Facebook and Twitter as a platform for discussion, but I’ll repeat it. It’s dreadful and useless.

Phisch_2 07.06.2019 12:19 PM

Do all come back, this is the best place to discuss all things NFL...even with those of us who only post sporadically! :D

AfcBOli27 07.06.2019 03:19 PM

I will be back more regularly once training camps have finished, when the season actually feels round the corner. :)

PDP 07.06.2019 03:36 PM

The real crime here is that there is no obvious way to get here from the main NFLUK website and so if one hasn't bookmarked the forum page it is easily forgotten about.

wayne ellis 07.06.2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDP (Post 2400417)
The real crime here is that there is no obvious way to get here from the main NFLUK website and so if one hasn't bookmarked the forum page it is easily forgotten about.

Yeah, it doesn’t really help when the powers that be are intentionally sabotaging their own forum. Amazed they haven’t just shut it down tbh.

European Bob 07.06.2019 07:25 PM

Doesn’t stop the ticket moaners finding it!

kaldenavn 07.06.2019 09:14 PM

Encouraging people to spend more time here by telling them that where they currently enjoy being online is "shallow," "dreadful, and useless" is an interesting choice. It certainly makes it sounds like a fun and welcoming place and not in any way bitter and judgemental.

European Bob 07.06.2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaldenavn (Post 2400427)
Encouraging people to spend more time here by telling them that where they currently enjoy being online is "shallow," "dreadful, and useless" is an interesting choice. It certainly makes it sounds like a fun and welcoming place and not in any way bitter and judgemental.

You’ve added 2 plus 2 and made 5 there. 1) don’t just use the forum for annual rants about tickets, come and post more regularly; 2) forums are good, they allow for in depth discussion that social media does not. = 3) the people who use this forum for an annual grumble about tickets and nothing all enjoy using social media to discuss NFL?

No. That’s a leap of logic. We have no idea what they do. I suspect many don’t discuss NFL online much at all. And if they do and they are on social media presumably they’d just vent their ticket frustrations on their platform of choice. One thing I do know about twitter is it’s not short of people having a rant about things! “Oh I use Twitter for NFL related things normally but as I want to complain this one time I’ll go the forum instead”. Unlikely.