NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Houston Texans (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Texans fans at NFL Wembley (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=52803)

themightycheets 26.10.2009 12:58 PM

Texans fans at NFL Wembley

How many Texans fans were at the Pats / Bucs game last night? I think the potential count is 5 - being Me, my mate, Texans Taylor (who I met on the train home) and two other people spotted at the game. That makes 5 out of 85000 so we are an exclusive club!

I can't make my mind up about this season - we blow hot and cold with little consistency. Next weekend's game will be a good test of whether this is going to be a good season - a very winnable game.

Apart from the 2 colts matchups, our remaining games are winnable with the Titans and Jags being crucial. 10-6 might be enough for the playoffs this year, mind you, having just watched out defence get pulled apart by Alex Smith, I am not so sure!

Battle Red 27.10.2009 06:32 AM

Way to represent the Texans at Wembley! Hats off to all the Texans fans that went to the game.

You're right that there are lots of winnable games. However, I try and stay focused on the next game. If I start looking ahead the Texans tend to lose.

Buffalo is the most important game now. Lose that one and the other games won't matter.

TexansTaylor 27.10.2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themightycheets (Post 1004403)
How many Texans fans were at the Pats / Bucs game last night? I think the potential count is 5 - being Me, my mate, Texans Taylor (who I met on the train home) and two other people spotted at the game. That makes 5 out of 85000 so we are an exclusive club!

I can't make my mind up about this season - we blow hot and cold with little consistency. Next weekend's game will be a good test of whether this is going to be a good season - a very winnable game.

Apart from the 2 colts matchups, our remaining games are winnable with the Titans and Jags being crucial. 10-6 might be enough for the playoffs this year, mind you, having just watched out defence get pulled apart by Alex Smith, I am not so sure!

Hi Mightycheets, Good to speak to you again mate. Wembley was awesome and it was good to see a few Texans fans there. Maybe we can double the count to 10 for next Year.:D

themightycheets 27.10.2009 12:32 PM

I read in the paper this morning that the NFL is probably going to announce 2 games in the UK next year. If we assume that teams who have come across already won’t come again, I reckon that this gives us a 1 in 6.5 chance of the Texans being one of them. I have a feeling a struggling team, like the Rams or the Panthers or someone would maybe pick their home game against the Texans (little travelling support, no media interest otherwise) as the Wembley game. That would be awesome. Wouldn't count as my once in a lifetime trip to Reliant, but would be next best thing!

TexansTaylor 27.10.2009 02:39 PM

That would be amazing if the Texans were at Wembley but I think it is more likely to be someone else.

I had heard that the Buffolo Bills, 49rs and the New Orleans Saints were at Wembley having a look around at the set up. I think that was reported on NFLUK aswell.

I know the Saints have previously done it so not sure why they were there but maybe the fact that the 49rs management were at Wembley could mean they are being lined up for next Year.

GoTexans! 27.10.2009 08:51 PM

I was at Wembley, had the Blue Schaub shirt on. I saw 3 others, an American with guy who yodels on the back and 2 others.

We can't complain too much about the season, D needs work and Slaton needs to run as well as catch. I agree that the Bills game is sooo important

go Texans!

TexansTaylor 28.10.2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoTexans! (Post 1006650)
I was at Wembley, had the Blue Schaub shirt on. I saw 3 others, an American with guy who yodels on the back and 2 others.

We can't complain too much about the season, D needs work and Slaton needs to run as well as catch. I agree that the Bills game is sooo important

go Texans!

Hi Go Texans, good to have you on the forum.

Were you the guy on the train from Kingston to Waterloo. I saw a guy wearing a blue Texans jersey then?

I agree this game is massive. We have to beat the Bills. We then have the Colts after that so it would be good going into that game with a win.

GoTexans! 28.10.2009 07:26 PM

Hi Texans Taylor... I wasn't the one on the, stayed at the Ibis Wembley Saturday and Sunday. I see you have the Texas Rangers and Nascar on your post... Good choices, shame the Rangers haven't got the same money as the big boys.

I think that the Bills is a must win game as the division is difficult, realistically second spot is the best possible.

Go Kenseth!
Go Rangers!
Go Texans!

Think that covers the best American sports!

TexansTaylor 28.10.2009 10:02 PM

HI Go Texans

Glad to see there is another Rangers and Nascar fan.:D

American Football is my main sport now but I love other US sports and English Football. Being a Palace fan I dont see alot of quality football these days.

I could never really find a Texas College team to support so been supporting the Georgia Bull Dogs for a few Years now. There are so many College teams though. College football is great to watch but the NFL and Houston Texans are my main love in sport.

seantheprawn 29.10.2009 10:26 PM

Me and my dad were there on sunday wearing Texans jerseys.

Weather could be a factor on Sunday, if its windy we may have to rely on Slaton. It's the ideal time for a breakout from him, Buffalo gives up something around 5.7 YPA.