NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   NFL TV coverage (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Best Way to Watch Gamepass on HD TV?? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=89371)

Ginge192 12.04.2012 07:22 PM

Best Way to Watch Gamepass on HD TV??

what is the most convenient way to watch gamepass in HD on my TV??

is it an ipad via HDMI,

a xoom via HDMI

a laptop with an HDMI out port

or an Android TV Box

Please help as i dont want to waste my money buying the wrong option :confused:

Cheers Paul

Fatmanp 12.04.2012 07:43 PM

If your TV has a VGA socket you could use that. If your computer uses HDMI then you could also use that.

Ginge192 12.04.2012 07:55 PM

Cheers for your reply, my current set up is laptop to tv via VGA and separate audio cable but it's a bit of a pain and not ideal!!

so for this season I'm looking to upgrade to a tablet or a new laptop with hdmi port just to make it less hassle and basically i want the best pic I can with minimum amount of connections.... So am looking for peoples opinions on what's the best solution.

Cheers

jrt55555 12.04.2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginge192 (Post 1566359)
Cheers for your reply, my current set up is laptop to tv via VGA and separate audio cable but it's a bit of a pain and not ideal!!

so for this season I'm looking to upgrade to a tablet or a new laptop with hdmi port just to make it less hassle and basically i want the best pic I can with minimum amount of connections.... So am looking for peoples opinions on what's the best solution.

Cheers

HDMI is great, as long as both the laptop/ tablet and TV have the ports.

One cable for video and audio and all automatically detected so no fuss. And the quality is really high, providing you have the bandwidth to run it on the laptop of course. But even on 2-3 bar quality it's very watchable on the larger screen. I always watch my Gamepass via the TV on HDMI.

Have a look around online and you should be able to find one for less than a tenner too.

Ginge192 13.04.2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrt55555 (Post 1566428)
HDMI is great, as long as both the laptop/ tablet and TV have the ports.

One cable for video and audio and all automatically detected so no fuss. And the quality is really high, providing you have the bandwidth to run it on the laptop of course. But even on 2-3 bar quality it's very watchable on the larger screen. I always watch my Gamepass via the TV on HDMI.

Have a look around online and you should be able to find one for less than a tenner too.

Ok cool so what do you use then... a laptop or a tablet??

Statto00 13.04.2012 09:58 AM

I use a laptop, and find it runs smoother through the HDMI on the telly than directly on the laptop. Not sure if there's a reason why.

Greg M 13.04.2012 10:22 AM

I run it through a HDMI cable (from a macbook pro) and the picture is surprisingly high quality. Jack a soundbar into the headphone socket and you're away.

georgia dome 13.04.2012 10:35 AM

Yes i also run my laptop through the tv via leads to watch my Gamepass also,
just wish they didnt have blackout games??

Ginge192 13.04.2012 02:49 PM

ok cool well i think i'm gona buy a new laptop with hdmi port instead of an ipad3 as it sounds like this will be the best option for connecting and watching it on my TV???

Statto00 13.04.2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginge192 (Post 1566668)
ok cool well i think i'm gona buy a new laptop with hdmi port instead of an ipad3 as it sounds like this will be the best option for connecting and watching it on my TV???

It'd certainly be cheaper, and more flexible, but I'd be tempted to wait to see what the TV deal is before splashing that kind of cash (unless you're minted).