NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Gameday Forum (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Pro Bowl 2015. Game thread. (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=105134)

Raider12 20.01.2015 06:33 PM

Pro Bowl 2015. Game thread.

Game thread.

Mark

BuffaloG 20.01.2015 06:43 PM

I hope we dont get any injuries is my only real opinion on the game.

RichardCunliffe 20.01.2015 07:02 PM

A Pro Bowl thread? Really? :confused: :D

*actually, the Pro Bowl draft will no doubt create a lot more talking than the game itself, so fair enough.

Diamond_Bomb 21.01.2015 09:00 AM

I have never watched the Probowl and doubt I will this year to be honest.

bobsy 21.01.2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond_Bomb (Post 2152551)
I have never watched the Probowl and doubt I will this year to be honest.

Same! Everyone always say it stinks. Is it ever worth watching??

Crusader 21.01.2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsy (Post 2152585)

No interest whatsoever. As others have mentioned before, just give the players the recognition of being voted to it and leave it at that.

Trip Dispenser 21.01.2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsy (Post 2152585)

The fact that the league actively encourages players to tweet on the sidelines via dedicated booths says everything about the type of event this is.

Csonka#39 21.01.2015 10:49 AM

The. Pro. Bowl is pointless rubbish - the end.

HSTDriver 21.01.2015 10:54 AM

I agree the game is a waste of time. No argument at all.

However I have yet to ever see a single suggestion of what could replace it, thus attracting all important revenue stream for the league, honouring the players who have excelled at their positions throughout the year (or been voted in on the strength of their name!) and actually amuse a televised audience as much as a game of football does. (even a nonsense game of football like this one)

QB Drills and skill tests are all well and good, but they're not primetime entertainment, lets be honest.

RichardCunliffe 21.01.2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSTDriver (Post 2152619)
I agree the game is a waste of time. No argument at all.

However I have yet to ever see a single suggestion of what could replace it, thus attracting all important revenue stream for the league, honouring the players who have excelled at their positions throughout the year (or been voted in on the strength of their name!) and actually amuse a televised audience as much as a game of football does. (even a nonsense game of football like this one)

QB Drills and skill tests are all well and good, but they're not primetime entertainment, lets be honest.

I wonder how much revenue it actually brings? If it continues the way it has, then surely interest will wain even further. I think most would agree, just get rid of it.

With the Shrine Game/Senior Bowl coverage growing, the whole pre/post SuperBowl fanfare, and then FA and even more draft analysis, surely the NFL could fill their air time with that.