NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Denver Broncos (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   With the 10th/11th pick in the draft, the denver broncos select..... (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=61184)

ajplumplum 21.01.2010 04:58 PM

With the 10th/11th pick in the draft, the denver broncos select.....

So who we want guys? Whos stands out? personally ive seen us but with the LB mclain, ive therefore done a bit of research and like what i see, anyone know anymore?

VABrit 21.01.2010 05:29 PM

The best player on the board whoever that may be. I hope for McClain - I think he still will be there by then. But if Iuptai, Spiller etc are there on the board then we need to take the best player.

ajplumplum 22.01.2010 11:27 AM

trade up and get suh using marshall as trade bait?

VABrit 22.01.2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajplumplum (Post 1080119)

I would rather not use 2 first rounders on one player to be honest, especially when the interior of our D line is not too shabby. If Gerald McCoy was lingering in the 2nd round I would be tempted though

Kase 22.01.2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VABrit (Post 1079792)
Spiller etc are there on the board then we need to take the best player.

I'd be amazed if we drafted CJ Spiller after taking Moreno #1 last year. Personally I'm hoping Terrence Cody or Joe Haden

VABrit 23.01.2010 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kase (Post 1080636)
I'd be amazed if we drafted CJ Spiller after taking Moreno #1 last year. Personally I'm hoping Terrence Cody or Joe Haden

You'd be amazed at a decision the Broncos would make?? :D In the draft it makes sense to draft the bext player on the board. If thats an RB so be it but I don't think it will. Iupati, McClain will be there and worth the pick. I don't think we will waste the pick though such as taking a WR (there is enough talent out of round one) or a QB as some people wish we would. Haden is all hyped up - I don't think he is the best CB out there and the CB class this year is rather weak. He is not worth more than a 2nd round. However it is deep at LB/DL so I feel that may be interesting to us

Kase 23.01.2010 09:19 PM

Indeed, second guessing Broncos decision making at the mo is a dangerous game :)

You really think Iupati is a possibility at #10?

I just cant help looking at the 14th overall pick & thinking that should be ours to.......I'm still shouting for Terrence Cody at 10 though

VABrit 23.01.2010 10:07 PM

I don't rate Cody that highly. I think he would be a waste of a high first rounder. I'm hoping someone like KC are wooed by him as they need a MLB just like we do. Iuptai is a first round player. He is not necessarily a top ten player but I think trading down to get him would not be a problem. There are enough teams that need skill players who would be happy to trade up.

Wiser EFC 01.02.2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajplumplum (Post 1080119)

I thought Marshall was going to be a free agent this offseason. It wouldn't be worth signing him just to trade him. If (when) he leaves i hope we use the money we would have paid him and go after a free agent WR.

I don't think it would be a bad move to draft Spiller in the first round. Moreno at this point cannot carry the load on his own. He proved last season he struggles when Buchhalter was out injured. Buckhalter is getting old and he's injury prone. They never play Hillis any more.

Wiser EFC 01.02.2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiser EFC (Post 1090472)
I thought Marshall was going to be a free agent this offseason. It wouldn't be worth signing him just to trade him. If (when) he leaves i hope we use the money we would have paid him and go after a free agent WR.

I don't think it would be a bad move to draft Spiller in the first round. Moreno at this point cannot carry the load on his own. He proved last season he struggles when Buchhalter was out injured. Buckhalter is getting old and he's injury prone. They never play Hillis any more.

Self correction. He'll be a restricted free agent so we'll get something for him afterall.:)