NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Baltimore Ravens (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Who should Ravens get next as a WR? (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=105456)

bensmagpies 12.03.2015 09:28 PM

Who should Ravens get next as a WR?

I think that Ravens should get a tall WR for the long balls that Flacco throws down the field. But who should we get? Someone from the Free Agents or someone from the draft.

12XU 13.03.2015 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensmagpies (Post 2165835)
I think that Ravens should get a tall WR for the long balls that Flacco throws down the field. But who should we get? Someone from the Free Agents or someone from the draft.

I think we'll probably end up with both a FA and a draft pick. I've seen Jaelen Strong come up in a few mock drafts. He's 6 ft 3 with decent speed but he had a great combine so he may be gone by the time the Ravens pick. In terms of free agents I'd like Stevie Johnson but there are a few good options. Looking forward to seeing who we get.

Sneddon11 13.03.2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12XU (Post 2165892)
I think we'll probably end up with both a FA and a draft pick. I've seen Jaelen Strong come up in a few mock drafts. He's 6 ft 3 with decent speed but he had a great combine so he may be gone by the time the Ravens pick. In terms of free agents I'd like Stevie Johnson but there are a few good options. Looking forward to seeing who we get.

I also wouldn't mind is taking a look at S.Johnson, imagine we could get him on a cheap, prove it deal but I'm also hoping this year we might go grab a WR in the 1st round although I'm not yet decided on who I want us to take...

I quite like some of our young WRs as well like Brown, Aiken + Campanaro so I do hope regardless of who we get we can see some of those guys getting a few more reps, I think regardless of who we end up with at WR, Steve Smith will see a reduced role next season...

Galdo52Mk2 16.03.2015 02:48 PM

I really don't like the options available too us in Free Agency. None are an upgrade over Torrey Smith. My hope is that we trade up in the draft to get a Kevin White, I know that's not what we traditionally do but I'd like us to be bold to get a top player for once, as were never picking in that early range we miss out on the big playmaker type talent that a No.1 WR is these days.

Even if we had to do a Julio Jones type deal I'd be very happy. Obviously I'm dreaming as Oz will never go for mortgaging his draft picks but I hang on to a hope :)

King Chong 17.03.2015 07:29 PM

Both the WR & CB markets are down to slim pickings now
The draft will be where we go now and with so many needs I dont see us trading up and giving away picks, our team will trust our board

Corvus corax 07.10.2015 08:28 PM

Rumours of us showing interest in Roddy White and Golden Tate.

White I'm not so keen on. I'm fed up of our quality wide receivers seemingly always being the wrong side of 30.

Tate I would certainly be interested in. Not only would he be an immediate upgrade at that position, he would also be useful to us in future seasons and his cap number for this year is small. If we can make this deal happen we should do it.

Corvus corax 11.10.2015 08:59 PM

Absolutely no point in going for Roddy White now. This team needs blown up and filled with fresh young blood. Not mid 30s has beens.

mikeyshaps 14.10.2015 10:00 AM

At this rate I'm chucking my cap in for next man up. I'm only 5'7 but I'm fairly sure I can catch better than Marlon Brown (and I'm only half joking- I was a cracking slip fielder in my cricketing days!).