NFL UK Forums

NFL UK Forums (https://forum.nfluk.com/index.php)
-   Green Bay Packers (https://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   16-0 Season (https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=85623)

claymatthewsIV 26.10.2011 03:50 PM

16-0 Season

What does everybody think of the chances of GB going uinbeaten the whole season?
No match in the league is ever easy but I feel @SD is possibly the hardest game left after coming through at Soldier Field and against the Saints
Bar any injuries of course

RichD48 26.10.2011 07:06 PM

Chances? Unlikely. Frankly, nothing matters except the Lombardi. Just ask the '07 Pats. In fact I would rather we lost at least one regular season game than have the weight of the prospect of a perfect season on the team's back, if the latter meant we had a reduced chance of a repeat.

sickleclown 26.10.2011 08:03 PM

If it happens then so be it, I don't much care either way to be honest, I would just like to win another Lombardi, that's all that really matters.

I happen to think the Lions games are going to be the toughest, and there's always the potential for a trap game (Bears ;)) haha

claymatthewsIV 26.10.2011 08:30 PM

Yeah I've been reading Packers sources say it could be a poisoned chalice, going into the latter games with an unbeaten record and not being sure whether to rest big players for the post season
Still, would be a great feat to do it; especially with the NFC North being such a physical and competitive division

Packman12 26.10.2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claymatthewsIV (Post 1441123)
What does everybody think of the chances of GB going uinbeaten the whole season?
No match in the league is ever easy but I feel @SD is possibly the hardest game left after coming through at Soldier Field and against the Saints
Bar any injuries of course

no chance and the thread is wrong...............16-0 is not enough without three playoff wins.
19-0 is the target

I predict 17-2 losses at Chargers and at Lions

menominee 26.10.2011 10:12 PM

We do have the potential to go all the way unbeaten and make history. What's wrong with that? Is there any other franchise with a more deserving shot at immortality?

StuBram2 27.10.2011 12:17 AM

The team is certainly good enough and I think our toughest regular season games are behind us but I can't see McCarthy fielding the likes of A-Rod, Jennings and Finley every down once the Division is locked up. It'd be a fantastic achievement and a nice bonus but that's all it'd be is a bonus

wozzer 27.10.2011 08:53 PM

If the D steps up and plays like it did last year i think we've got a shot. We'd need to stay healthy though.

There's a couple of road games that are tricky,Chargers,Lions and Giants.

I'd be happy to get homefield advantage though through the playoffs,seems about right,one year road warriors the next home warriors.

Famoussaskid 28.10.2011 12:00 PM

Wouldn't go as far as saying I'm 'Worried' about the Lions, but I do think they pose a threat.

StuBram2 28.10.2011 01:51 PM

I'm less worried by Detroit following their defeats at the hands of Atlanta and the 49ers. Took away a lot of their shine seeing them fail when they played their first really good, in-form teams